Which One To Buy?

Neg

Hey guys, I really can't decide which Ecig to purchase, there are so many options! I've never smoked before, but the electronic cigarettes seem appealing since they don't cause cancer, haha. I have researched them a bit, but I still can't decide on a supplier and model. I think I'd like to start with a zero or very low nicotine juice for just to see what it's like. As for throat hit, I don't have any idea! Battery life doesn't really matter either, as long as it's not going to wear out significantly after several charges. One thing is I'd definitely like to do is drip my own juice and experiment with flavors. Weight doesn't really matter either, something relatively medium I guess? My budget range is about $50-80 including shipping, so nothing big and fancy. I've seen all kinds of suppliers and model numbers and stuff, I think I'd like some opinions of experienced vapers to go along with my research. So far I've heard good things about the penstyle, 901, 510, and others. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated,

Neg

Hey guys, I really can't decide which Ecig to purchase, there are so many options! I've never smoked before, but the electronic cigarettes seem appealing since they don't cause cancer, haha. I have researched them a bit, but I still can't decide on a supplier and model. I think I'd like to start with a zero or very low nicotine juice for just to see what it's like. As for throat hit, I don't have any idea! Battery life doesn't really matter either, as long as it's not going to wear out significantly after several charges. One thing is I'd definitely like to do is drip my own juice and experiment with flavors. Weight doesn't really matter either, something relatively medium I guess? My budget range is about $50-80 including shipping, so nothing big and fancy. I've seen all kinds of suppliers and model numbers and stuff, I think I'd like some opinions of experienced vapers to go along with my research. So far I've heard good things about the penstyle, 901, 510, and others. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated,

Neg

Neg-

I know you are a grown person and can make your own decisions but this is a path i would not go down

since you have never smoked in the first place.

Nicotine is highly addictive and i would hate to sell something to a person that doesn't all ready have the addiction to nicotine.

I would say 99% us are all EX-Smokers and i just would not go down this path at all !!!

I beg of you ! do not START THIS

Thanks

Parked

+1 to that Chris and Parked all of us here for the most part are ex-smokers and some still fighting it. I would hate to see somebody get addicted to nicotine that hasn't ever been. I know it sounds hypocritical but if you haven't used nicotine I wouldn't start now and I could guarantee you that no supplier would ever recommend using a personal vaporizer to a non-nicotine user. I'm sorry this is the nature of the beast. Please don't start!

DevilDucky

i am going to have to agree with previous posts!! i would strongly suggest you do not start!! i am sorry to say but you probably will not have much luck getting any info you want. your choices are your own and no one can change that but please DO NOT start!!

I am not sure why anyone would start smoking these days. As far as I can tell it's not COOL anymore. Not only that but you can't do it ANYWHERE.

I also don't know why a person would start vaping unless they were attempting to get off the tobacco they were already addicted to.

Of course, that said, I don't know why *I* started smoking a zillion years ago. Not really. Except it seemed like a good idea AT THE TIME. ROFL

I suppose if you were considering taking up smoking.....vaping would be a good alternative. But really I just don't see it myself.

People don't start smoking by CONSIDERING their options, we are a pile of idiots if you ask me. LOL

That SAID, I don't see the point of doing EITHER. If you are smart enough to want to vape versus smoke you are smart enough to know that NEITHER is a good idea. Right?

hey im new to the forum and vaping too... but i had thought just a few days ago about this very topic

why would anyone consider starting to vape if they had never smoked?

now i can agree that if you used a 0mg liquid you could just add it as a bored/tasty kind of thing to do

i can also imagine that in the (near?) future there will be a vitamin supplement vaping liquid, if you think not think about the 'vitamin c shirt' that japan came out with.... a 'vitamin vaping fuel' is not far off

quick someone patent it? and also smoking everywhere claims that their banana flavor has b vitamins in it, maybe just a side effect of their flavoring?

but i do agree with everyone else here that if you are not currently addicted to nicotine then there is no reason to ever use it

Oh gosh, listen to the other posters! There's no way we'd ever INTENTIONALLY get addicted to nicotine... in fact, we're trying desperatly to learn to cope with it until we can taper off of it enough to become nicotine free. Besides, why would anyone want to give up Full Flavor flavors found in the Zero Nicotine and gradually increase to the nicotine added flavors? In order to put in the nicotine, they have to take out some flavoring. The higher the nic, the lower the flavor...

Just a NO GO anyway you want to look at it.

Neg

Hi Neg,

Mainly this devise is used to help people quit smoking or to stop smoking tobacco products. I was just wondering, why is it appealing to you if you have never smoked?

I smoked from the time I was 13 years old and wish I could go back in time and never ever have started. I fear that if the e-cig starts to appeal to those who do not smoke, this might ruin it for the smokers who do not want to die from tobacco cigarettes as our battle with the FDA wanting to ban the e-cig is already a difficult one.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is please help use by keeping our alternative to smoking (e-cigs) an option to us and do not start the addictive habit as it would be used against us by the FDA.

Celtic

Neg-

Please think carefully about your decision to get into personal vaporizers. It might seem like it's safe at the moment, but you might not realize that an e-cig could become your "gateway device" to actual smoking.

Sure, at zero nicotine, fruity flavors, chocolates, mint & menthols, and soft drinks might seem to be fun, but let's say you really like the mint and menthol tastes. You hear everyone here talking about "great throat hits" and realize that there's a better sensation to menthol with a throat hit.

More nicotine = more throat hit.

That's all it takes.

I've never been able to top the throat hit of a real Cigar. These are the kinds of things I gravitate to; I'm sure there are others out there who look for the same thing: a simulated sensation.

I started off with around 24mg nicotine strength. I've tapered down to 18 now. In another month, probably around 11 or so (can't wait to see if my vp2 in the mail will help me with that). What I'm trying to say is....please don't go in the other direction. I wouldn't wish the addiction to nicotine on anyone.

I have to add my 2cents worth and say I agree with them all.

After 40+years of smoking this is an alternative for me not a beginning.

If you don't smoke already then there really isn't any reason for you to start vaping. For most of us it's a way to get away from the smokes, it just happens to be enjoyable for us because we already have that habit of having to have something in our hands or in out mouth.

So give it some serious thought before you buy an e-cig.

And to Chris and Parked I say your integrity over profit is to be applauded.

Edited by snubber

Neg

I have to put in my two cents. After letting nicotine addiction control my whole adult life, if you aren't addicted, please don't even think about it! I love the Ecig, but only because it has stopped me from smoking when nothing else could, but I would still love to have that fifty years back with no addiction at all, and if you haven't been spending a fortune on smoking, this can turn into a pretty expensive habit.

Enjoy being nicotine free.

I agree with the other posts. Nicotine is highly addictive and believe me addiction of any kind is not something anyone wants. So if you must vape use only 0mg juice. However no one knows the long term effects of vaping. I, as well as many others, believe that it is much safer than smoking but no one knows for sure if it is COMPLETELY safe. Why start down this path if you don't have to?

I have to agree with all who previously posted. I don't know of anyone who has been addicted to nicotine who would not go back to that moment in time when they picked up their first cig and pass it by if we could. I wish there was someone who was there to tell me to think hard about what I was doing before I did it. You have gotten wonderful advice so far. All that being said I realize you will make your own choice. If you decide to purchase one please get the 0 nic juice.

I have to agree with all who previously posted. I don't know of anyone who has been addicted to nicotine who would not go back to that moment in time when they picked up their first cig and pass it by if we could. I wish there was someone who was there to tell me to think hard about what I was doing before I did it. You have gotten wonderful advice so far. All that being said I realize you will make your own choice. If you decide to purchase one please get the 0 nic juice.

I agree with the sentiment, but we wouldn't have listened. DIDNT listen, after all. The information was right there. Everyone I knew said it was bad (while puffing on their cig, true, but they said it. During my mother's lifetime they learned just HOW dangerous cigarettes were. I didn't have the "I didn't know" excuse.

Of course, if you think about it... breathing smoke .. didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that can't be good for ya.... They just found out exactly HOW it was bad for ya.

The problem is that youth is immortal. Not only do you have the usual "never happen to ME " mentality, but you are also quite sure you will never die.

Once I thought perhaps it was partly because it seemed like EVERYBODY smoked. And there they were, breathing, laughing, etc. But look at the number of kids starting TODAY. Where's the cool factor NOW?

Smokers are relegated to little groups out in the cold. You can't go to a restaurant, or a movie, just about everywhere is going to throw you out into the cold to get your "fix".

Stephen King wrote a story using smokers. Better yet, smokers that were trying to quit. He named it the 10 O'Clock People. :) The story was a story, but that title grabbed me. That is what we've become. 10 O'clock break the smokers run for the door and huddle wherever they can. Utter outcasts.

So we are still missing something in why people START to begin with. Even those of us who started don't REALLY know why we did it. I asked my mother why she smoked, she said to calm her nerves. But that can't be why she STARTED, after all.

So the question then, is what about that cloud of smoke attracts? Your first cigarette is AWFUL. You cough, you turn colors, some give up their lunch. And yet they do it AGAIN. So what IS it?

I was NOT a stupid child. I had a brain. I thought most things through. Granted I didn't always do what I ought and I disobeyed the parents and all, but I never did anything truly dangerous EXCEPT SMOKING. When my friends one day thought it would be cool to throw apples at cars going down the road, I said - Have fun. I'm going home. So WHY did that thinking through NOT happen with cigarettes?

It's NOT education that will stop em.... I KNEW smoking was bad for you, caused cancer. Until we figure out what makes people reach for that first cigarette, we're never going to stop it.

OMG there's that soapbox AGAIN? Someone shut me up!

Stephen King wrote a story using smokers. Better yet, smokers that were trying to quit. He named it the 10 O'Clock People. :) The story was a story, but that title grabbed me. That is what we've become. 10 O'clock break the smokers run for the door and huddle wherever they can. Utter outcasts.

you are so right! Good post!!! This sounds interesting. I read alot of Steven King. Is this in one of his multi story books?

you are so right! Good post!!! This sounds interesting. I read alot of Steven King. Is this in one of his multi story books?

Yes it was, I just don't remember which one. LOL A later collection though, not one of the early ones.

Yes it was, I just don't remember which one. LOL A later collection though, not one of the early ones.

Just looked it up It was in the Nightmares and Dreamscapes collection. I have them in my garage. Gonna go look for it! :)

Thought that was Quitter's Inc? Movie of short stories, Cat's Eye, short stories following a cat around? Same one as the short story? Alan King played the head of Quitter's Inc. Only remember because it came up yesterday in a conversation with someone trying to quit. Has had 3 of my 510 batts, 4 attys and alot of juice for about 3 months while she thinks about it...grrrrrr.

Thought that was Quitter's Inc? Movie of short stories, Cat's Eye, short stories following a cat around? Same one as the short story? Alan King played the head of Quitter's Inc. Only remember because it came up yesterday in a conversation with someone trying to quit. Has had 3 of my 510 batts, 4 attys and alot of juice for about 3 months while she thinks about it...grrrrrr.

Movies tend to change titles anyway..... If the quitters could see demonic people then it the same story. I rarely watch television let alone movies. I wait for the ones that hubby says you REALLY gotta see this!

I miss lots of crap that way. LOL

The point was just that it did show the lines between the smokers, non smokers, and the tryin to quit folks quite clearly.

Movies tend to change titles anyway..... If the quitters could see demonic people then it the same story. I rarely watch television let alone movies. I wait for the ones that hubby says you REALLY gotta see this!

I miss lots of crap that way. LOL

The point was just that it did show the lines between the smokers, non smokers, and the tryin to quit folks quite clearly.

I know I'm O/T but last post. Wasn't the same story. This was a guy not realizing when he signed up with this company on the advice of a friend to help him quit smoking, there is no turning back. Methods of coercion were extreme, suffice to say, he quit before his wife lost the first finger. Ended with them sitting down with the friend and his wife, you guessed it, missing a digit or two...Guess SK tried to quit a few times.

I know I'm O/T but last post. Wasn't the same story. This was a guy not realizing when he signed up with this company on the advice of a friend to help him quit smoking, there is no turning back. Methods of coercion were extreme, suffice to say, he quit before his wife lost the first finger. Ended with them sitting down with the friend and his wife, you guessed it, missing a digit or two...Guess SK tried to quit a few times.

Oh yeah, I remember that one now. :)