When Atty's Are Dying

Knight

This has probably discussed, but is there a common symptom when an atty starts to go bad? One of my 510's is still working, but it has a much harder draw to it. Vapor is still OK, but somewhat better with other attys. I've noticed this also with an 801 atty.

Sounds like they may be plugging up ,I would try one of the cleaning methods a few times to see if you can restore it ,if it is still making good vapor I believe you can save it.The ones that are impossible to save are the ones with carbon build up on the element that keeps it from getting hot enough to make vapor.

Since I started using the paper towel regularly I haven't had this problem. Early on, it happened quite often. Now I routinely just insert a piece of rolled up paper towel into the atty and let it absorb out all the old juice. Since I started doing that, I havn't had that problem with the hard draw.

Since I started using the paper towel regularly I haven't had this problem. Early on, it happened quite often. Now I routinely just insert a piece of rolled up paper towel into the atty and let it absorb out all the old juice. Since I started doing that, I havn't had that problem with the hard draw.

Thanks Brian. I had completely forgot about a video I saw some time ago by the "guy with the fedora" about blowing into an atty to get excess juice out, then cleaning with a tissue. I blew into it at least 8 times before stuff stopped coming out! cleaned it out and it's the nice easy draw again! Problem solved! Thanks again.

I have an atty that is half dead. I was using it in a 5 volt mod and it started producing just a little bit of vapor. I switched to another atty, it was fine. put the first one back, same thing, just bareley working. Something strange happened to it. It still lights up a little. I wanted to check if it is still doing the same today but I missplaced it. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone. Another one of my attys quit altogether but mysyriously came back to life, lived for a few days and died again. This I can understand, somewhat.