New To E-Cigarettes

Scarlette

Welcome to Vapor Talk, Scarlette. I use 2 drops at a time and get about 5 drags off of that. Before I quit smoking, I counted the drags I got off one cigarette and it was about 10 to 12. I used that to know how much I was vaping in the beginning. So, it would be about 4 to 5 drops of eliquid, at about 10 to 12 drags, to equal one cigarette. Or that was my thinking on the matter anyway. I'm sure that isn't exact, but probably a fairly close estimate. Hope that helps.

Good luck with the vaping. And don't hesitate to ask any questions. That's what we're here for. :yes

Ah! The old question of how much equals an analog! I posted a whole thing on this here but for the life of me can't find it.

Here's the simple answer: It depends on the strength of the juice but with 16mg juice you get 10 micrograms of nicotine vs 103 micrograms per puff of a Marlboro Red or roughly 10% of an analog.

Just to make it really simple, figure on about 20 drops equal 1 analog. If you drip 2 drops each time, 10 times equals 1 analog. Hope that helps!

When you put your drops in the atomizer, are you suppose to use it all on that one vape and then refill for the next vape?

As you all can tell, I don't know much about how to use these. I found out about e-cigarettes thru the stock market. I'm trading on MMUH and spending alot of time on the message boards. Of course you have all kinds of post there on how to use these and on warnings of nicotine overdose. One of my concerns is getting too much nicotine. With a cigarette, when it burns out it is gone. So I appreciate the responses, it seems like about 10-20 puffs and I did get the light version of juice. I'm not a heavy smoker, I only smoke about 5-7 Marlboro lights a day. Probably could quit if I really wanted to but I do enjoy it.

You guys are awesome. I'm glad I chose Vapor Talk for my first and probably only e-cigarette. Thanks so much for the welcome and the replies.

Scarlette, one cannot have too many e-cigs :lol: I do recommend that you at least order a 510 kit as a back up. Sometimes PV's malfunction or batteries go out. I wouldn't want you to be left waiting for a new e-cig in the mail and going back to analogs in the mean time. We are glad you chose Vapor Talk also. :)

I just saw your last post. You will know when its time to drip again because of a strong metallic taste that sometimes isn't too pleasant. As far as overdosing on nicotine that is a valid concern. Just pay attention to your body it will let you know when you've had enough. If you start feeling light headed or nauseous stop vaping for awhile. Since you were only at less than a 1/2 pack a day I'm glad you started with 10 mg.

Edited by jeffb

Welcome to the forums Scarlette. I see you got one of the bottles of "Trandition Tobacco"--save that bottle--it will be a collectors item (misprint) ;) . I'm hoping to post a video for beginners on the forum shortly and it answers some of the questions you have posted. Also as I'm sure you have noticed, everyone on the forum here is very nice and willing to answer whatever question you may have. You can also find me in the chat room in the evening if you need any questions answered quickly. Enjoy the forum and happy vaping.

Welcome Scarlette to the forums.

As you can see there are plenty of people here to help answer any of your questions.

These are a great bunch of folks.

I also agree that you need to get a couple of other devices like the 510 as a back-up.

These e-cigs are a pesky thing and will stop on you at the worst times.

Trying to quite is hard enough without having an e-cig you can fall back on.

So keep asking and watching the videos..and good luck.

Hope to see you in the chat sometime.

Good Luck!!!!

Thanks for the videos, they were helpful.

Question on the VP Spade. I thought I was getting the best but it's been recommended that I order the 510 as a backup. I don't quiet understand that.

Wouldn't you just order an extra atomizer? I did order an extra battery.

Thanks for the videos, they were helpful.

Question on the VP Spade. I thought I was getting the best but it's been recommended that I order the 510 as a backup. I don't quiet understand that.

Wouldn't you just order an extra atomizer? I did order an extra battery.

Many people keep some regular 510 batteries for emergency purposes. I have 4 of them. I also have two Spades, a VP2 and a VP/PT, but I'll keep my 510 batteries just in case. :) If something happened to your spade, you're without a backup. You'd most likely have to smoke analogs while your spade is out for repair.

And for price of two batteries and a charger you could almost get a whole starter kit which will give you a couple of spare atty's and carts also.

Edited by Brian

When you put your drops in the atomizer, are you suppose to use it all on that one vape and then refill for the next vape?

As you all can tell, I don't know much about how to use these. I found out about e-cigarettes thru the stock market. I'm trading on MMUH and spending alot of time on the message boards. Of course you have all kinds of post there on how to use these and on warnings of nicotine overdose. One of my concerns is getting too much nicotine. With a cigarette, when it burns out it is gone. So I appreciate the responses, it seems like about 10-20 puffs and I did get the light version of juice. I'm not a heavy smoker, I only smoke about 5-7 Marlboro lights a day. Probably could quit if I really wanted to but I do enjoy it.

got 1/2 millioan shares of that stock bought .025

if it hits it's 52 week high I will be a millionaire

We are holding 526,950 shares @.032. It is love hate relationship right now with the ups and downs but I'm looking at this long term and like you will be a millionaire when it hits. Congratulations to you.

Think this will be big year for ecigs,,,, have you more more chantex commercials lately, just seems like it, if we only Obama one get big dog in are court, sure he try it just for health reasons if none other then he be hooked :thumbsup:

OK, another question. If you put the liquid in the atomizer and don't use it all up, what's to keep it from draining to the end you draw from if it isn't left in an upright position (like carrying it in your purse)? Or are you suppose to always leave it in a vertical position when not in use. Seem like if you can blow thru the atomizer to clean it then any unused liquid can also drain thru when not in use. Again, no instructions whatsoever came with this.

OK, another question. If you put the liquid in the atomizer and don't use it all up, what's to keep it from draining to the end you draw from if it isn't left in an upright position (like carrying it in your purse)? Or are you suppose to always leave it in a vertical position when not in use. Seem like if you can blow thru the atomizer to clean it then any unused liquid can also drain thru when not in use. Again, no instructions whatsoever came with this.

Nothing really, it will leak. Over time you will learn how many drips you need to vape. Then once your done vaping and low on vapor you pop it inside your pocket, by that time there isn't much liquid left.