Any Suggestions?

mspinner

Maybe CNN is right? Ive been having a problem with getting that "fulfilled" feeling from e-ciggs. I smoked anolog for 30 yrs. Is that why so many vape all day? trying to get that nicotine buzz? I know vaping taste great (some) but just missing something...24 and 32mg I use...maybe custom make juice?

You may want to bump up the nic level a little. Have you tried 36mg?

The following suppliers do sell 48mg premixed juice if you want to try a higher nic level. Just be careful with it and listen to your body. Also, I've heard that there are other things in cigarettes that can be addictive to some people, so it may not be just the nic for you.

Wordup

myfreedomsmokes

Tastyvapor

an ejuice variety helps. the right type of device for you personally helps. a variety in mg strengths helps.

try some Hilton... too strong of a cig taste for my buds, so I use it sparingly such as at bedtime to help me take apart my eGo for the night and get some sleep. it does stay in your atty (the last hit of any flavor will be hilton for awhile), so a devoted atty would help in that respect.

After vaping for a few weeks, I forgot to charge my reserve battery one day and was faced with the dilema of doing without anything or lighting up a yucky. I lit up the yuck.. and quickly extinquished it. The missing ingredient, to me, tasted like RAID. Awful.

The ecig works for most people, what I tend to find when I see new vapors not having any luck is usually the lack of a slow draw. Sometimes (especially when first moving over) new ecig users will smoke and vape at the same time. The problem with this is that you pick up the ecig and try to vape it like a traditional analog, taking short quick draws. This of course doesn't work well at all with an electronic cigarette. The most important thing is taking long slow draws. The reason for this is to get more vapor, more vapor = a sufficient amount of vapor to get you off traditional tobacco.

Direct dripping also helps quite a bit. I'm not sure how far along you are, or what you've tried but these videos might help.

How do you get so much vapor? : http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/videos/view-21-how-do-you-get-so-much-vapor/

What is Direct Dripping? : http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/videos/view-19-what-is-direct-dripping/

:)

I haven't much to add to what Brian and Chris said, except there really is a fairly steep learning curve. And it's very personal. If you find yourself looking for the occasional yucky, as Uma so succinctly put it D:, just do that. Some people want you to avoid analogs at any cost but for me at least, vaping is much more pleasant if I just leave it being pleasant. The couple times I've tried a yucky after I quit, I was quickly reminded how much more satisfying overall vaping is compared to smoking. Smoking really tastes like ... ash. Try to just relax, appreciate what's good about vaping, experiment. Different liquids is a good idea, and finding that one device that trips all your esthetic triggers is another good one. I like 5V personally but sometimes 3.7 is more relaxing. In any event, don't think you "have" to do anything in particular, even vape vs smoke. It's your choice. Vaping is not smoking. The more you vape in a confident and relaxed manner, the more you'll come to like it and find it satisfying. Anymore, I can't imagine my life without it. Have fun and vape on!

Maybe CNN is right? Ive been having a problem with getting that "fulfilled" feeling from e-ciggs. I smoked anolog for 30 yrs. Is that why so many vape all day? trying to get that nicotine buzz? I know vaping taste great (some) but just missing something...24 and 32mg I use...maybe custom make juice?

Hello...no they really aren't right, they're bias.

After 40+ years of smoking I'm finally getting of the analogs, but like you it's taken a while to find that right sweet spot.

I tried to use my e-cig like a regular cigarette..taking those short quick puffs and finding that it wasn't doing a thing for me.

It's taken me over a year to get it right. Like Chris said, long and slow is the way to go.

But the most important thing is to not give up. Keep trying different nic levels, and different draws and you'll find what works for you.

And don't forget that the people here a great to talk to and will answer any questions you may have. They're a great bunch.

Hope you find what works for you.

Good Luck!!!

I haven't much to add to what Brian and Chris said, except there really is a fairly steep learning curve. And it's very personal. If you find yourself looking for the occasional yucky, as Uma so succinctly put it D:, just do that. Some people want you to avoid analogs at any cost but for me at least, vaping is much more pleasant if I just leave it being pleasant. The couple times I've tried a yucky after I quit, I was quickly reminded how much more satisfying overall vaping is compared to smoking. Smoking really tastes like ... ash. Try to just relax, appreciate what's good about vaping, experiment. Different liquids is a good idea, and finding that one device that trips all your esthetic triggers is another good one. I like 5V personally but sometimes 3.7 is more relaxing. In any event, don't think you "have" to do anything in particular, even vape vs smoke. It's your choice. Vaping is not smoking. The more you vape in a confident and relaxed manner, the more you'll come to like it and find it satisfying. Anymore, I can't imagine my life without it. Have fun and vape on!

Well put Dave.

I agree, everyone's different, each has to find their comfort point.

Hey from a fellow Wisconsinite, Mspinner!

I definitely think there are other things in a cigarette that your body craves after quitting or cutting down. I dont know how long you have been vaping, but I am at about 20 days so far and I still do have 1-2 analogs a day, which is less than I smoked last week. It seems as the time passes, the urges get weaker. I have to say that the first morning analog is going to be the hardest for me to give up, but Im waiting for some new juice to come in and will give it a shot on Saturday. I wish you the best of luck in finding something that works for you!

Just make sure you don't make this something painful, so if you need the analogue, go for it. That's what I loved about quitting smoking, no pain/withdrawal/anxiety. My urge for the morning one just kind of went away, I'd think about it, vape, think about it, vape, and then go back to what I was doing, making coffee, etc. Of course not having cigs in the house helped, but again, I felt comfortable getting rid of them. I think the addictions/mental queues are different or different people. After a while even the thought about having the morning vape went away but probably not before I got rid of the nicotine urge buy cutting down.

I'm almost a month in to vaping and still have a couple analogs a day. If I want one, I light one...take a few hits, and I'm good to go. I'm going through more cigs this way because I waste most of it, but that's okay. I'm just happy to be down from a pack a day. Take it slow and be kind to yourself. You are doing a very good thing for your body so even one cigarette less than you were smoking is improvement!

Hey from a fellow Wisconsinite, Mspinner!

I definitely think there are other things in a cigarette that your body craves after quitting or cutting down. I dont know how long you have been vaping, but I am at about 20 days so far and I still do have 1-2 analogs a day, which is less than I smoked last week. It seems as the time passes, the urges get weaker. I have to say that the first morning analog is going to be the hardest for me to give up, but Im waiting for some new juice to come in and will give it a shot on Saturday. I wish you the best of luck in finding something that works for you!