Just Starting, Help Me Out?!

JAKE

Hey guys! I am new to "vaping" and i dont own any equipment yet! I am a non-smoker and and gonna use 0mg nicotine carts and juice. Totally recreational and out of bordem, just looking for somehing new to try! I have done a little research and think the best piece for me is a "Volcano E-Cig" i was looking at "blu cigs" but after seeing their shipping was terrible, i decided volcano's were vertually the same, and had great reviews. But if you guys have something better, be it price, style, quality, etc. Let me know! But again this is nothing serious i'm just tring something new. Thanks!

Were you ever a smoker? Or our you someone that has never picked up a cigarette at all in your life time?

I am not familiar with the Volcano product. But I do know there are people out there that like them. I would stay away from the Blu. If you are stuck on using the cartridges you could try the Vapor King from vapor4life. This is a two piece unit that uses a cartomizer, cartridge and atomizer are one piece. They also sell cartomizers with 0 nic.

Your other option would be to buy a 510 kit and blank cartridges. The 510 is a 3 piece unit: battery, atomizer and cartridge. You get 2 atomizers and 2 batteries with your kit. You then can buy liquid at 0 nic and fill your own carts. Try Awesome vapor for this product. He has good juice too!

Welcome to the Forum and odd that you would choose to vape and had never been a smoker but we all get choices in life and like eveyone has posted and being a noob myself I chose the Joye 510 starter kit and did get it from Arno at AwesomeVapor.com he has great Customer service and his price for a beginner is smooth I also recommend getting some of the juices like the marlbone and ry-4 with your starter in the freebies he offers but goto the Vaportalk store and grab ya self some of the 0 mg DULCIS (if Available) you will be a VAPING MONSTA in a week man I promise lol . Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes for ya !!!!:thumbsup:

Angel

:innocent:

haha well thank you guys! i am now debating if i want to start! i was in a chat and everyone seemed to think it was a bad idea for me to start :/ im still thinking about it, and ill post my decision haha but thank you for your opinions so far! :dribble:

Hey Jake, like I said in the chat room you're an adult and can make your own decision, but I dont recommend you starting vaping. Belive me I understand the curiosity, but its just not a road you need to go down. Most of us here have smoked for years and vaping was a godsend to us. It gave us an alternative to the nasty analogs. I understand you wanna vape at 0 nic, but like we discussed its not just the nicotine that smokers have become addicted to. There's a whole psychological aspect to it. I commend you for asking questions and doing research before you make a decision. I wasn't that smart at 19. :) Thats my advice since you asked. Please come back and let us know of your decision.

ps.... it was very nice chatting with you.

haha well thank you guys! i am now debating if i want to start! i was in a chat and everyone seemed to think it was a bad idea for me to start :/ im still thinking about it, and ill post my decision haha but thank you for your opinions so far! :dribble:

My two cents, I think you shouldn't. Most agree this is a lessor of two evils, but I would think long and hard about vaporizing and inhaling anything that is so far uncontrolled and unmonitored. Again, JMHO.

Hi, Jake.

I have no idea what was said in the chatroom. But, I will tell you most people start vaping as a road to STOP inhaling a recreational substance. Once I started smoking cigarettes in my teens, I spent decades trying to quit. Trust me, there are better things to do with your time and money other than inhaling a substance, whether or not it contains nicotine.

Trusting you to make the right decision,

Your Auntie Dlynne

well... it looks like i dont have but 1 or 2 on my side! haha so i decided this... since i only wanted to try it becuase i was curious, i decided to stay away from the super-mega-awesome-awmazing kits they sell, i ordered a disposable, 0 nic e-cig that is only equal to 5 analogs. i am not going to buy anything else and i am pretty sure i can get addicted to Cherry Lava that quick! haha but i figured i have to atleast TRY and besides... i'd have no place on this forum if i didnt have a clue what i was talking about! But again thank you for everyones $.02 and if anything else changes, ill keep you posted :) thanks again.

well... it looks like i dont have but 1 or 2 on my side! haha so i decided this... since i only wanted to try it becuase i was curious, i decided to stay away from the super-mega-awesome-awmazing kits they sell, i ordered a disposable, 0 nic e-cig that is only equal to 5 analogs. i am not going to buy anything else and i am pretty sure i can't get addicted to Cherry Lava that quick! haha but i figured i have to atleast TRY and besides... i'd have no place on this forum if i didnt have a clue what i was talking about! But again thank you for everyones $.02 and if anything else changes, ill keep you posted :) thanks again.

I personally wouldn't start vaping if I wasn't hooked on regular cigarettes. But...that being said. . .

I have no idea why people start smoking. I KNOW I'm a dang SMOKER and so I SHOULD know. LOL But it's been a long darn time, and I didn't start to be "cool". I started smoking at 9 years old. My friends hadn't even thought about it yet.

I had seizures as a child. Now, I don't say this for the big sympathy vote, because I outgrew them years ago. I was 12 when I had my last seizure. I wasn't even smart enough for them to terrify me back then. LOL

That said, I was the child of 2 heavy smokers. Being a normal kid I asked my mother why she smoked.

"It calms my nerves" said the mommy.

PROBABLY not the smartest answer to give a kid who "pitches a fit" when she gets upset. So I smoked. I got into wow I'm way cool with it years later, but I was already hooked by then, or at least had convinced myself I was.

I told my children when they asked, the truth. "Because when it came to tobacco, I was an idiot. And when it comes to tobacco, I still am."

50/50 success there. One is a smoker and one is not. However, I don't think that was because my ANSWER worked. I think it's more because I caught the one that doesn't smoke early enough, and made her life very not fun over it before she'd gotten past the "this might be neat stage"

However I'm meandering waaaay off topic.

If you are feeling this deep need to experiment I suppose vaping is better than tobacco, but, really, bubble gum tastes way better. Butterscotch candies taste better. We'll like ya if you never ever ever vape.

Stepping down from the "I'm an old lady and I know of what I speak" soapbox now

Teri

Hey Jake..

You know IM not going to tell you not to.

But I will tell you 1 thing.. STAY AWAY FROM THE NIC..... LOL

just cause you wish to try it I feel is fine.. especially if your trying nic free.

Like you said you could probably get addicted to the flavors.. I Agree.. The first 2 days I had mint..

OMG I miss it so much since i fried my battery.

IM tinkering now and Probably will fry my atty just to get some of my mint taste back...

But remember your an adult your the 1 who makes your decisions. Nobody else can do that.

But like 90% of us will tell you its not good to start.. Kids never listen... LOL... haha.

Well Hope you don't get addicted in anyway shape or form.

Your always welcome to join in & help with researching chattr what ever. all upto you.

Peace.

I think this is an extremely Interesting thread. Jake, Thanks for posting here and Welcome to VT!!

I just want to disclamer myself for a mo.. Your an Adult, and I believe strongly that if this is something you think you would enjoy, you have every right to it!!!

<warning, health advise from a 10 day in Ex-Smoker ahead>

If you have read a few posts here you'll notice alot of enthusism about vaping here on this forum. What isnt obvious but is made clear in this thread is that most of us would give it up if we thought it would not lead us right back to tobacco. I will admit that i enjoy vaping, but it is still a Shackle around my ankle. If I had a Double Atty failure right now, i would either Smoke a pack Cigarette, or be utterly misserable and irritalbe until i could get something rushed here. I'm not saying that this will lead you to cigarettes, maybe you would be like a 2 Cigar a month kinda Vapor, and not be dependant, but what if you really like it, and then it get banned? Another thing to make clear is NO-ONE out there thinks these are healthy, I think most would not even say they are health neutral, Just better than smoking.

<health warning over, safe to continue>

All that said, If you decide to give it a try, Welcome to the Forum. Even if you decide not to, We still would love to hear your thoughts and have your support when we slip up. As for advise on what to get, I got the 510 and it works great, I think the manuals are better (more controll). Get a Sampler pack from somewhere for Juice, Try a bunch of flavors. I think trying all the flavors is kind of the fun part..

~Wompa

Hey! I am glad im getting all these replies! But im still thinking im gonna get that disposable just to TRY. But also, i am ordering 2 kits for my Mom and Aunt. They think its a godsend and i might even be able to get them on the forum :) i dont have much of an addictive personality so i really doubt i will become an addict (unless i find an Iced Tea flavor, then its over :D). But again thank you all for the input and im still listening ! so keep posting :)

Glad your Rethinking..

As we all say Don't Is just our recommendation.

As you will make your mind up in the end.

Yes there is green tea & lot's of others.

Not sure how much those disposables are. So can't comment.

But Here is another idea.

Buy a kit for your mom & 1 for your aunt.

With the order order plenty of juice..

Order 1 flavor of nic free peg or vg blend. & try it on 1 of the kits you ordered.

Each starter kit comes with 2 e-cigs. unless there cheap on a extra atty. if done properly A Atty should last a long time. But sometimes they will fail...

Well thats just my thoughts again..

My hookah Mint reminds me of spearmint gum so you know.

Edited by KuyaDave