Something Is Wrong

Ok just when I feel like I am not a noob at this any longer I have issues I cant figure out..

I know I posted about this issue before and I have tried the suggested..

I no longer have any good flavor when I vape.. My fave VT Tobacco has no flavor to me..still has a throat hit but taste,...nada

Dulcis...I can detect a hint of the sweetness I was used to but it is too faint.. My 510 is doing what it is supposed to do... I have tried different attys and no luck... I have gotten my old bottle of grape back and tried that, its flavor is kinda weak to me too..

I am thinking what can be the issue? I did have bottles where sunlight could get to them and shine on them, but not enough to heat them up.

Can my liquid have gone bad?... I have all my $ tied into them right now... I am unemployed and bought them with Christmas money I was given as gifts.

I would hate to fathom that I have over $60 of ruined liquid.

I just cant taste the great flavor anymore..its just bland with a throat hit,,, My wife says it doesn't even smell the same.

I broke down and (forgive me) tried smoking an analog...took 2 hits and it was just nasty :sick:... I don't want to go back.... BUT I do at least know why THEY taste nasty... Unlike my ecig.

I just do not enjoy vaping anymore... God I miss the good ole days when I first started.. I just cant get the taste back...

It has been 2 days of me trying different things.. I am at a loss.. I have no other liquid to try...

Unforunately I have to state the inevitable..... I am afraid if I cant get the pleasing taste back of the liquids, I am afraid I will revert back to analogs.. Don't want to...Or plan to...I just see it as a possible alley... Why go through all the trouble of dripping and vaping when I am not getting what I used to..

Well I enjoyed the first 20 days tremendously.. I can no longer say that, and that scares me.. I just don't ...

This is going to be a trying time for me.. Do I keep up all the work required to vape? Is it worth the trouble when it is not as satifying as it was?

I dont know,..... The problem?,... I dont know,.... How to fix?, I dont know,.... Will I go back to analogs?, I dont know..

Why am I rambling? I dont know... I guess I just need some support right now and well.....I dont know... :cry::crybaby::censored::wallbash:

I don't have an answer for why your juices seem to have lost flavor. What I can say is that it might be time for you to begin mixing your own juice. If you begin mixing your own not only will you find that it is cheaper, but you have total control over the experience. If it needs more flavor, add another drop of flavoring, if it needs more throat hit, bump up the nicotine content, or add some Everclear to the juice. VG is cheap, I got 16oz for $8 at a health food store, Flavorless PG is pretty affordable as well, I just picked up 30ml of 100mg flavorless PG base (made in the USA) from ElectroNicStix.com for $25 before shipping. Lorann's candy oils are cheap and come in about 80 different flavors. If you're looking for a tobacco like flavor there are some tobacco sprays that you can use to obtain that flavor as well. My point is you have alternatives.

Damn Lord I am so sorry! This has to be so frustrating for you. :( It sounds like the honeymoon is over. I don't know what to say other than there are people here who enjoy your posts and would help if we could. If you lived by me I would drive over and let you try different juices to see if any help you. All I can say is that I'll say a prayer for you.

Well I aint going down without a fight...

I just busted my bank and took money out of my house payment and ordered a Janty eGo...

I know the problem I am having is not my 510's fault and this will not fix... But maybe it will add to the experience...My first mod... And I wont have to charge quite often.

I am hoping this new device will keep me interested longer and I will figure out why I have lost the taste in my liquids.

AAARRRG....I just hit the 510 with dulcis and ....bleh...not good.. :crybaby:

I dont wanna go back to analogs...

I WILL FIND AN ANSWER!...With you guys help... I will not give up...

Hi, Lord Vapor!

I am by no means a pro when it comes to vaping...I've only been doing it a little more than 30 days myself. But here are some thoughts.

1. A carton of cigarettes in most places is about $60. For this, you can invest in some new e-liquids, and see if you can get back on track.

2. You may need a new battery or new atomizer. Even if your battery is charging, and your atomizer is "working," they may have lost the punch they had when first new.

3. You may need a higher nicotine level. I noticed that I am best using 24 mg in the morning, and then I drop to 12 throughout the rest of the day. In the late evening I will go to 8 mg.

4. You may need a thicker juice with a stronger punch to its flavor. When I get feeling antsy, I use Liberty Liquid Chocolate at 24 mg. It also comes in 36 mg, and is available at www.mypvshop.com for $7.99/15 ml. Use 10FOR2010 to get an additional 10% off.

5. Some people notice that around the 20 or 30 day mark, after they have been vaping away very happily, they suddenly start climbing walls. There is non-professional speculation floating about that it is about this time the non-nicotine alkaloids contained in tobacco start leaving the body. Many people will supplement vaping with Swedish snus to get them through this, if they are committed to getting off analogs. I haven't used snus myself, but a lot of people have found relief in snus.

I don't think you need to apologize for taking a couple of puffs of an analog. The absence of stress on myself was a big factor, I believe, in making the switch from tobacco to e-cigs. But, it would be terrific if you didn't give up on the e-cig just yet.

The answer is out there, I am sure of it! Keep trying different things and keep posting, please.

Edited to Add: I just received the eGo this morning, myself, and it is charging as I type. However, eGo is another 3.7 volt, and you may need a 5 or 6 volt to make you happy.

Edited by dlynne

I can feel your pain. Although, I don't get a bad taste to the juice - just not much of a taste at all. I would love to be able to taste all the things that everyone else tastes, but I don't let it bother me. Not yet. I'm at least vaping and not smoking. That's what keeps me going. I didn't get much of a taste with the analogs either, so it's not a lot different to me.

I don't know why you'd all of a sudden quit tasting the juice. That's really sad. Maybe you're getting a cold and your sinuses are plugging up a bit? That would affect taste. And it could make things taste different. I have heard others say that putting a drop of menthol in with their juice gives it a little kick. Maybe that would help you for awhile. Or try adding some flavor drops to up the strength of the flavor.

I wouldn't give up though. Even if it's not as good right now as it was, it could get better again. If you give it a chance. Just keep thinking of all the benefits you've had as a result of vaping and how many more benefits you'll experience if you keep vaping.

I can feel your pain. Although, I don't get a bad taste to the juice - just not much of a taste at all.

I am not getting much taste either...not a bad taste...just bland... throat hit....but bland...

I am not getting much taste either...not a bad taste...just bland... throat hit....but bland...

Is one of the atty's you've tried new, have you been using them both? I actually had a point when I lost flavor and found that it was getting harder to draw on an atty. I looked at some of the cleaning methods and tried one. I boiled two atty's in distelled water for 5 minutes. Seriously, it was better than having a new atty.

Really don't know what to tell you man. Hang in there and give it some more time.

It is very important that liquid is not left in sun light. It must also be stored between 70-78 degrees if possible. A lot of this could be due to the fact that your taste buds have become accustomed to the taste. Like anything with flavor, given enough time your taste buds will block it out.

Another thing to keep in mind is how long you've been using the same atomizer. I tell members to change their atomizers out once a month not just because it's good practice but to maintain fresh flavor. (Old atomizer will not give out great flavor)

Send me a PM with one of your order numbers, when I get back I'll ship you a couple bottles of fresh juice. That way you can compare it with what you have now. If the new juice tastes better, bam your not storing it correctly, if it tastes the same maybe it's the atomizer that needs changed.

One way or another we'll get to the bottom of this, we're not going to give up on you :D Take a deep breath, relax, create a ticket and send me your order number. We'll take care of ya! :thumbsup:

It is very important that liquid is not left in sun light. It must also be stored between 70-78 degrees if possible. A lot of this could be due to the fact that your taste buds have become accustomed to the taste. Like anything with flavor, given enough time your taste buds will block it out.

Another thing to keep in mind is how long you've been using the same atomizer. I tell members to change their atomizers out once a month not just because it's good practice but to maintain fresh flavor. (Old atomizer will not give out great flavor)

Send me a PM with one of your order numbers, when I get back I'll ship you a couple bottles of fresh juice. That way you can compare it with what you have now. If the new juice tastes better, bam your not storing it correctly, if it tastes the same maybe it's the atomizer that needs changed.

One way or another we'll get to the bottom of this, we're not going to give up on you :D Take a deep breath, relax, create a ticket and send me your order number. We'll take care of ya! :thumbsup:

I did have on a table where sunlight came through closed blinds and shine on table, I do not think enough to heat up.

I have tried on 2 brand new attys.

unfreaking believable customer service.. Chris you are the man..

One way or another we'll get to the bottom of this, we're not going to give up on you biggrin.gif Take a deep breath, relax, create a ticket and send me your order number. We'll take care of ya! thumbsup.gif

Just what Christopher said.

Nic should NEVER be in sunlight or really anylight for a long period of time. I went thru this myself and realized what I did. My bad. I had to get rid of about 40ml because I (even though I read it, didn't really believe it) had to get new liquid and BAM! that was the problem. I also change my atty now every 3 weeks. I can taste when it starts to give you that, eck taste. Then a new atty goes on.

Hope you get through this real fast!

Just what Christopher said.

Nic should NEVER be in sunlight or really anylight for a long period of time. I went thru this myself and realized what I did. My bad. I had to get rid of about 40ml because I (even though I read it, didn't really believe it) had to get new liquid and BAM! that was the problem. I also change my atty now every 3 weeks. I can taste when it starts to give you that, eck taste. Then a new atty goes on.

Hope you get through this real fast!

I have swapped attys and cleaned...same... I am hoping its just a problem with where I had them.. I hate that I have lost 70ml of liquid....

But you live and learn... Actually if I could get the taste of Traditional Tobacco back... I wouldnt even care of losing 70ml of juice.

Stay strong and remember why you started vaping in the first place. Cigarettes SUCK!!! I've had 3 the entire month I've been vaping. I can honestly say YUCK! I would never had said that a month ago, NEVER. Try chewing some gum when vaping or a jolly rancher. just don't go back.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have an answer for why your juices seem to have lost flavor. What I can say is that it might be time for you to begin mixing your own juice. If you begin mixing your own not only will you find that it is cheaper, but you have total control over the experience. If it needs more flavor, add another drop of flavoring, if it needs more throat hit, bump up the nicotine content, or add some Everclear to the juice. VG is cheap, I got 16oz for $8 at a health food store, Flavorless PG is pretty affordable as well, I just picked up 30ml of 100mg flavorless PG base (made in the USA) from ElectroNicStix.com for $25 before shipping. Lorann's candy oils are cheap and come in about 80 different flavors. If you're looking for a tobacco like flavor there are some tobacco sprays that you can use to obtain that flavor as well. My point is you have alternatives.

If your going to make your own juice and add throat kick, I do not suggest adding the alcohol as so many people suggest. It will give your blood alcohol content a little boost; it will get into your system that way. I found that citric acid ( lemon juice you can buy anywhere in one of those little lemon containers ) works amazingly well. I add just one drop for a 3ml bottle and it works great. If the flavours are giving you grief, and I know a neighbor, and myself have had the same issues as you before, you should look into making your own juice.

:thumbsup: