What My Doctor Said...

I asked my doctor about ecigs and he had never heard of them. He asked what I could tell him!

So I pulled a joye 510 out of my purse and showed him and explained it and even vaped in the exam room.

He says..oh, that's like a nicatrol (sp) inhaler. He said I have no problem with that, they sell nicotine over the counter, after all. Just don't smoke and use it, he said. I'm his quinea pig!

Ann

I was not going to tell my Doc, as he is a Veterans Administrator employee.

The last time I went in, was about 9 months ago. I had been vapeing about 4 weeks and was still smoking about 6 per day. Still, he asked me what had changed. He knew that I had either changed my eating or exercising routine, as my cholesterol had dropped severely. So, I fessed up that I had started using a 901 and cut my cigarette usage by 90%.

He was real happy and let me produce a big cloud in his exam room, without freaking out. He was happy wit every thing that I said.

However, he lost all interest when I stated that it was not FDA approved yet. Him being a government employee, I can't blame him. After all, it is all about the money.

I asked my doctor about ecigs and he had never heard of them. He asked what I could tell him!

So I pulled a joye 510 out of my purse and showed him and explained it and even vaped in the exam room.

He says..oh, that's like a nicatrol (sp) inhaler. He said I have no problem with that, they sell nicotine over the counter, after all. Just don't smoke and use it, he said. I'm his quinea pig!

Ann

I'm a doctor and i recomend them to my patients. Im not sure if any of them have switched yet, but all I can do is lead a horse to water.

My roommate has some kind of respiratory doc that he goes to occasionally for checkups. He mentioned to him that he had recently picked up vaping and the doc gave him a big thumbs up :)

• 1 month later...

Ann

Nice~ Always nice when doctors agree with us switching to vaping as well!

Hey Vt peeps

thought I would give a follow up to a post I made on here that I had planned on letting my Dr in on my vaping and the details of my experience well I told him and he brought in to other Dr.'s to view this new Green smoke as he called (had a big laugh in that one) and they all were amazed in knowing I was one that had gone through the books on quitting they were all in arms over that I was able to stop analogs in the first day I vaped and never looked back that it took the crave and withdrawal smtoms and threw them out the window not only that I have medical news to show that vaping assists in health improvements 6 months ago I had a chest x-ray and it showed serious signs of damage due to my smoking they had me do one and I will again in july on my next check up but this latest one had showed side by side there was clearing out of the dark color that was staining my lungs as well my nreathing tests showed I had a larger exhale mas than on a previous test done so keep vaping keep getting healthier and live longer so we can kick the FDA in the butt I asked if he would be wiling to send my results to the FDA with a letter stating my improvements I guess I should have stopped while I had him in a good mood that simply didn't fly well

Shrugs and sighs

oh well someday they will see

Peace and Vape on !!

Angel :innocent:

That sounds really great. Hope my next pulmonary test shows good for me too.

My last one was terrible but that was on 2packs a day, so maybe it's improved.

Hey Vt peeps

thought I would give a follow up to a post I made on here that I had planned on letting my Dr in on my vaping and the details of my experience well I told him and he brought in to other Dr.'s to view this new Green smoke as he called (had a big laugh in that one) and they all were amazed in knowing I was one that had gone through the books on quitting they were all in arms over that I was able to stop analogs in the first day I vaped and never looked back that it took the crave and withdrawal smtoms and threw them out the window not only that I have medical news to show that vaping assists in health improvements 6 months ago I had a chest x-ray and it showed serious signs of damage due to my smoking they had me do one and I will again in july on my next check up but this latest one had showed side by side there was clearing out of the dark color that was staining my lungs as well my nreathing tests showed I had a larger exhale mas than on a previous test done so keep vaping keep getting healthier and live longer so we can kick the FDA in the butt I asked if he would be wiling to send my results to the FDA with a letter stating my improvements I guess I should have stopped while I had him in a good mood that simply didn't fly well

Shrugs and sighs

oh well someday they will see

Peace and Vape on !!

Angel :innocent:

If you dont mind sharing this info with the UK proposed ban issue it would be great.They need hard evidence from doctors showing the benefits to people who use PV's.

I left my opinion and if you havnt this would help alot.