How Do I Get More Throat Hit?

eswigger

You want more throat hit... step up your nicotine content or possibly get a new unit. What model are you currently using? As to the Glycerol, I've used USP grade Vegetable Glycerin, has a slight sweetness to it, but I don't think that is what you're referring to.

Need to know what model your driving and what gas your usin before we can give you any advice. Usually, the higher the nic content, the better throat hit. So if youre using 11 or 18mg, you might wanna bump up to 24mg. What unit are you using ? If not a 510, you might wanna consider one, theyre vapor cloud monsters. :thumbsup:

I personally don't like a lot of throat hit but I have found that a couple of drops of lemon juice per 10ml works pretty well, if that's your thing. I know Johnson Creek adds lemon juice to their "juice". Seems like PG has more throat hit than VG to me. But that's just my feelings with no scientific data. :innocent:

Edited by jmhester

Actually I have found that over the counter food grade glycerin is great for more vapor.

As it is very thick I cut it with a couple of drops of high octane vodka to thin it out and low and behold I get a fabulous throat hit.

Edited by Vacker1229

I cut it with a couple of drops of high octane vodka to thin it out and low and behold I get a fabulous throat hit.

ALCOHOL ABUSE! I bought some Everclear (undrinkable 190 proof grain alcohol) to clean attys and add to juice. Good Vodka is for drinking!

never heard of adding lemon juice but i can see how that could give your juice a little "OOOPH"!! lemon juice from a real lemon or does the squeezy pre-made plastic lemons work too?? and can you add it to any juice?? or just fruity ones?? might have to give that a whirl!!

@nana- the vodka idea i have heard of but i am too chicken to try it!! does it really help??

never heard of adding lemon juice but i can see how that could give your juice a little "OOOPH"!! lemon juice from a real lemon or does the squeezy pre-made plastic lemons work too?? and can you add it to any juice?? or just fruity ones?? might have to give that a whirl!!

@nana- the vodka idea i have heard of but i am too chicken to try it!! does it really help??

ooops!! i mean Vacker!! sorry about that :(

For the most part it's the nicotine that creates the throat hit. Moving down your MG is great but with that you loose throat kick.

If you want to lower your nic but raise the kick then moving to a higher volt device may be the answer. A 5 volt device with a short bridge Penstyle atomizers should give you what you need :)

I personally don't like a lot of throat hit but I have found that a couple of drops of lemon juice per 10ml works pretty well, if that's your thing. I know Johnson Creek adds lemon juice to their "juice". Seems like PG has more throat hit than VG to me. But that's just my feelings with no scientific data. :innocent:

Thank you.. I thought that might be the case with Johnson Creek's extra throat hit, but it reads "preservative" after the citric acid...tricky,tricky. I did some digging on Glycerol, which is something else Johnson Creek uses, and found that its a preservative/sweetener; however, it is also supposed to be thick as syrup which makes me leary about using it. Perhaps if I use any I will have to use the "Vacker1229" vodka trick. I read about that else where as well. :thumbsup:

Thank You All For The Support!!!!

:icecream:

For the most part it's the nicotine that creates the throat hit. Moving down your MG is great but with that you loose throat kick.

If you want to lower your nic but raise the kick then moving to a higher volt device may be the answer. A 5 volt device with a short bridge Penstyle atomizers should give you what you need smile.gif

Speaking of higher voltage, I read somewhere that there are juices designed for high voltage PVs. Chris, Do you know anything about that and is it something you may consider adding to The Vapor Talk Store??

Need to know what model your driving and what gas your usin before we can give you any advice. Usually, the higher the nic content, the better throat hit. So if youre using 11 or 18mg, you might wanna bump up to 24mg. What unit are you using ? If not a 510, you might wanna consider one, theyre vapor cloud monsters. :thumbsup:

Currently using a 510, and have gotten a couple of neighbors one as well. One guy only has one lung and smoked profusely. The other was a woman neighbor I was sleeping with and wanted to get her to love me. The neighbor with one lung has called me a number of times to tell me I saved his life. The woman I mentioned did begin loving me special....Thank you Joye510!! :icecream:

My personal favorite for a little extra kick is Menthol. I was never a menthol smoker. but found adding just a little to my flavors adds a little extra kick with out tasting like menthol. adds a little cool throat hit.

Nice on converting neighbors--glad you have a special neighbor to share with.

My personal favorite for a little extra kick is Menthol. I was never a menthol smoker. but found adding just a little to my flavors adds a little extra kick with out tasting like menthol. adds a little cool throat hit.

I too use liquid menthal drops from Juicyliquid.com as they do same to boost the throat kick and I love real mentol. Also I have found if I do buy a flavor that I don't really care for the menthol drops will pretty much bury any undesirable flavor.

I sometimes soak attys in Ever Clear to clean them. One time, I didn't let it dry, just blew it out slightly and vaped it. Well, I would agree that it has some serious throat-hit, but it was not one that I particularly cared for!

• 4 weeks later...

Just after browsing this thread and the DIY forum in general, sounds to me like a great little general recipe would include something along the lines of the following:

- 10 ml VG

- 2 drops vodka to thin a bit

- 2 drops strong flavoring of your choice

- then add 2 drops lemon juice for a bit of a kick

@jmhester, I am also interested to know, do you use off the shelf lemon juice, or real lemons. I would have to image real lemons would be much less convenient, and you probably wouldn't be able to store it for very long. I'm guessing the bottled lemon juice at least has some kind of preservative.