Spade, Vp2 And Atty's

Well, now that I've got my color back, let me tell you a story. Rewind to yesterday morning... I had two atty's that were starting to get a little sluggish (loss of flavor, less vapor, harder drag). So, I figured what the heck, I'll try one of the cleaning methods I've read on here, and I boiled them in distilled water. With those put up to dry, I opened a brand new atty and slapped it on my VP2 and away I went. After lunch today I decided to try one of the cleaned atty's to see how it worked. Now, I haven't used my Spade much since Christmas (got a VP2), so I figured it needed a good workout. I load a fresh battery, screw on the atty, add a few drops of juice and... and... and... NOTHING! First thougt - I killed the atty. :( Surely not. I put the atty on my VP2 and holly cow that thing is fantastic! Vaping better than when it was new. So what's wrong with my Spade? :mad: Put atty back on Spade, nothing. Change battery, nothing. Check battery in charger - green. Put battery back in, nothing. Clean battery ends, clean spring and anything connection I can with earaser, clean atty connection points with alchohol. Reassemble, nothing. Atty back on VP2 - works great. Atty back on spade, nothing. Take new atty that was on VP2 and put on spade... two very faint puffs, then nothing. :wtf: Try both atty's on VP2 - work great. Clean Spade again - nothing. Keep in mind that this whold time I keep putting both the atty's on the VP2 and "trying it". After about an hour of this I start to feel a little green, and light headed. Whoa, run to bathroom and puke. Ok - feel a little better at that point, but put off my testing for a few hours. This evening I take out a brand spanking new atty, put it on the Spade and it works great. Fast forward 2 hours and here I am. The new atty on the Spade is still working great. At this point I'm afraid to take the atty off for fear it won't work again, but I will have to experiment some more.

So, there are two final things:

1. The moral of this story - if you're having problems with your PV, be careful not to vape yourself sick trying to figure it out.

2. How can I have two atty's that work perfectly on my VP2 and won't do a thing on my Spade? I'm dead serious here.

Well, now that I've got my color back, let me tell you a story. Rewind to yesterday morning... I had two atty's that were starting to get a little sluggish (loss of flavor, less vapor, harder drag). So, I figured what the heck, I'll try one of the cleaning methods I've read on here, and I boiled them in distilled water. With those put up to dry, I opened a brand new atty and slapped it on my VP2 and away I went. After lunch today I decided to try one of the cleaned atty's to see how it worked. Now, I haven't used my Spade much since Christmas (got a VP2), so I figured it needed a good workout. I load a fresh battery, screw on the atty, add a few drops of juice and... and... and... NOTHING! First thougt - I killed the atty. :( Surely not. I put the atty on my VP2 and holly cow that thing is fantastic! Vaping better than when it was new. So what's wrong with my Spade? :mad: Put atty back on Spade, nothing. Change battery, nothing. Check battery in charger - green. Put battery back in, nothing. Clean battery ends, clean spring and anything connection I can with earaser, clean atty connection points with alchohol. Reassemble, nothing. Atty back on VP2 - works great. Atty back on spade, nothing. Take new atty that was on VP2 and put on spade... two very faint puffs, then nothing. :wtf: Try both atty's on VP2 - work great. Clean Spade again - nothing. Keep in mind that this whold time I keep putting both the atty's on the VP2 and "trying it". After about an hour of this I start to feel a little green, and light headed. Whoa, run to bathroom and puke. Ok - feel a little better at that point, but put off my testing for a few hours. This evening I take out a brand spanking new atty, put it on the Spade and it works great. Fast forward 2 hours and here I am. The new atty on the Spade is still working great. At this point I'm afraid to take the atty off for fear it won't work again, but I will have to experiment some more.

So, there are two final things:

1. The moral of this story - if you're having problems with your PV, be careful not to vape yourself sick trying to figure it out.

2. How can I have two atty's that work perfectly on my VP2 and won't do a thing on my Spade? I'm dead serious here.

Something similar happened to me the other day. I took the 510 off my VP/PT and connected it to a manual 510 battery. I got nothing, no vapor, no crackling or heat. I put the atty on the PT again and it worked. So I cleaned the threads on both the battery and the atty, it still didn't work. I tested out the other atomizers I had, and they all worked on both units. Just a mystery I guess. I didn't try to rack my brains about it.

Hi,

When you use any adapters with 510's or 901's they tend to push the center contact of

the atomizer up into the atomizer slightly. What you can do with a paper clip or something similar

is with a back and forth motion, lower the contact flush.

This will then make contact.

I hope this helps

Best Regards

Jeso

Now I read this somewhere on this forum or another forum. If you take a 510 atty and put on the VP-PT with the adapter, the little nub inside the adapter will push the inner part of the atty up into itself. If you can try to push inside the atty from the cart side (must be very careful when doing this) on the edges you can bring down the inner plug and it will work. The nub, like I read somewhere, will push the small inner plug upwards and it won't make connection with a 510 batt or the Spade as it has the same type of part the batt has. Try it. It will work.

Hope this helps and like I said, I did read it here or on another forum.

When you use any adapters with 510's or 901's they tend to push the center contact of

the atomizer up into the atomizer slightly. What you can do with a paper clip or something similar

is with a back and forth motion, lower the contact flush.

Thanks Jeso - This is what I was hoping someone would say. I didn't think there was anything wrong with Spade since it was working fine up until the day I got my VP2. I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't exactly sure where the contact point was. Figured I just wouldn't be able to use an atty on that's been on my VP2 on my Spade. I'll give this a try just to make sure my spade is ok, but pretty sure what you said is the problem.

As was noted it probably isn't making good contact, I notice even in reviews folks crank down the atties like they would a car's lug nuts. It just needs to be firm, as the constant over tightening can eventually lead to the center connector being pushed down/in. Some folks take to using small pieces of paper clips or solder blobs to raise it.