Aspire k3 help

sgerace21

Hello, first sorry for the noob question and if this is in the wrong forum.

I'm new to vaping and just bought a Aspire K3 starter kit. This is a MTL and can't change any settings just fill and vape. 

So I first had a 50/50 vg/pg blend of tabaco flavor with 6mg nicotine. I'm trying to quit smoking cigarettes. After a week I wanted to try flavor. I got a strawberry 70vg/30pg and used a few days. I noticed that I'd get a burny taste after a few hits pretty consistent. I even changed the coil, primed it and filled tank. Waited a good 10 mins and first few hits were great but then the burnt taste again. My local vape shop said the vg/pg ratio was too high and to try a 65/35 ratio. This seems to keep ok flavor and no burnt taste but after a hit or 2 I'm not seeing much vapor being produced. The 1st hit is definitely very tasty but after a few the taste seems to die out and not much vapor. I also notice a weird lung feeling. Not so much burny but dry lung kinda feeling. 

Is 65/35 vg/pg too think for the aspire k3 as well? Or maybe the strawberry waterfelon flavor vape irritating me? 

Thanks in advance for the help.

You might want to stick with a 50VG/50PG mix or try a 40VG/60PG mix, as it sounds to me like the 70VG/30PG and the 65VG/35PG mixes are too thick for the coil/wick. Hubby only does MTL and uses 30VG/70PG juices to avoid the dry wick/burning sensation.

You don't mention what the resistance of your coil is. That information would be helpful as well as how high a wattage/voltage you're using. Whenever you put in a new juice with a different PG/VG ratio or just a new flavor, you want to start low, vape. If that's not what you want, turn it up. Vape. Repeat until you taste a slight burnt taste then back it down a little. Not every juice/flavor/PG/VG ratio will use the same watts/volts.

1 hour ago, Tam said:

Ugh. Sorry, I missed that part.  :(  

1 hour ago, sgerace21 said:

This is a k3 with zero settings to adjust. 

Yeah, the K3 is like a large eGo... 1200mAh battery and 1.8 Ohm coil (with 2ml tank).... I suspect it vapes like a Nautilus with 1.8 Ohm coil (MTL only)

Since you don't have any real adjustments, and I don't think coils of any other resistance are available... the only thing you can control is the juice.  @VapeMama suggested moving to a thinner juice, and that will be my suggestion as well.  Most of MTL all-in-one devices prefer juices that are of a specific thickness... The Templar AIO likes 50/50 (PG/VG) juices, but can handle 30/70 if you don't chain vape it.  I'm willing to guess the K3 is more like the vape of a Nautilus (the coils even look like the Nautilus BVC), which works best with thinner juices... 70/30 (PG/VG) to 50/50 max.  Some "clear" juices can be a bit thicker, but 60% VG is about all they can handle (most likely what your problem is being caused by).

Try a thinner juice, or add a few drops of PG to your existing juice (a few drops of distilled water in the tank also will thin a thick liquid), and see how that works out for you?