Spade Charger?

Why is it that sometimes when I put on a dead battery the charger light turns green? Sometimes I feel like I've lined up the battery a thousand times before it goes red.

That little battery just doesn't fit in there good. There are little bumps on me connection part of the charger and you have to catch it just right. Best method I've found is to put the battery in and then turn it until it goes red. Using the same charge for my VP2 batts and have no problem with them as they are bigger.

After I posted this it took about five more minutes to get it right. I'm thinking the part on the positive side that is part of the protection circuit is suppose to be against the bump. Good idea with turning the battery. I kept on taking it in and out. Thanks.

When it goes green does that mean it is definitely fully charged or could leaving them on longer make them more charged? Is it bad to leave a battery on when I'm sleeping?

After I posted this it took about five more minutes to get it right. I'm thinking the part on the positive side that is part of the protection circuit is suppose to be against the bump. Good idea with turning the battery. I kept on taking it in and out. Thanks.

When it goes green does that mean it is definitely fully charged or could leaving them on longer make them more charged? Is it bad to leave a battery on when I'm sleeping?

From a technical standpoint, I have no clue. However, I usually have a battery on charge when I goto bed and leave it on all night. Haven't had any problems yet (with the spade or VP2 batts). I think I've read somewhere that since these are "protected" batteries you can't over-charge them - which also mean that when the charger turns green the battery is fully charged and and the charger is no longer charging.

I hope they're that energy efficient. Do you know anything about this charger? Battery charger 18650/14500 I'm looking for one to charge two batteries at once.

I don't, but thought it was you who recommended that same charger to me a while back (i had even bookmared the link)??? Must have been someone else.

My link

Ha! It was you. Man - I was feeling old there for a minute. :P

My link

Edited by Brian

I recommended it because it will work for it, it is the only one I've seen so far, and it is what I plan on buying so far. I'm just wondering how well it works, how well it is made, and if there is a better option. That is why I said,"Unless our good man Christopher can recommend or sell a better charger that can charge two batteries." I still have the same questions about it I did then. I'm going to buy one but if there is a better one I'll like to know.

I recommended it because it will work for it, it is the only one I've seen so far, and it is what I plan on buying so far. I'm just wondering how well it works, how well it is made, and if there is a better option. That is why I said,"Unless our good man Christopher can recommend or sell a better charger that can charge two batteries." I still have the same questions about it I did then. I'm going to buy one but if there is a better one I'll like to know.

Ah, I see. I've looked around some, but haven't seen any others. The VP2 came with the same charger as the Spade so I've got two... I reckon that'll do for me. :)

Thanks for telling me the obvious that I obviously overlooked. I'm such an idiot sometimes. Ok! Ok! Most of the time. Sometimes I'm surprised that I can tie my own shoes. I think I overlooked it because when I go through the list of what I'm going to buy I'm thinking about what I need for it before I buy the next mod on my list. I'm wanting a VP1, VP2, VP/PT, eGo, 801, 901.... I'm getting too OCD over this new hobby. I think about it nonstop obsessively. Even during sex! Hey! I think my sick perverted mind came up with a good quote to put on a Vapor Talk shirt! Talk vapor to me! :thumbsup:

Edited by Schizophretard

When putting the battery in the charger make sure the battery is pushed all the way down rather than letting "float." That usually allows the charger to connect properly.

When the light turns green the charger will shut off, you can leave the batter over night without an worry :)

What I mean is make sure it's push all the way to the bottom. That will help make contact.

And that makes about as much sense as the 1st time you said it. :P

I guess you're called the + end the bottom, which would make sense. Also means that I'm using it upside down (my pref) and I call the positive end the top.

And that makes about as much sense as the 1st time you said it. :P

I guess you're called the + end the bottom, which would make sense. Also means that I'm using it upside down (my pref) and I call the positive end the top.

I think I understood him correctly the first time. I think instead of plugging the charger into the wall he has it plugged into a surge protector. That gives you a different up and down. Neither positive side or negative side are down. The bottom of the charger is the side that is plugged into the surge protector and the top of the charger is the side you see. I think he is saying to not have the battery float or balance between the two connections but lay flush against the charger. Like the side of the battery would be touching the charger.

You guys are makin me want to buy one just to have sumthin to do instead of vapin all the time.

LOl mcquinn, I dint know you had a sense of humor. :D j/k

I just put the batt in the charger and maneuver it until the red light comes on. But then, I'm a pretty simple guy. :P