Jägermeister

FXRich

Was messing around the other day trying to come up with a good flavor, thought I would try to make up some Absinthe, so I mixed up a 10ml batch of

15% Root Beer FW

5% Anise FW

Didn't taste much like Absinthe, but it did taste like Jagermeister, at least it did to me. That happens a lot to me try to mix one thing and get something else.

Gross!  I used to feel obligated to do shots of that with the Germans when I was there.  Really messed with some good beers.  I used to cringe when I saw it commin.  Just thinkin about it, I want to rinse my tongue off. 

5 minutes ago, Walt said:

Gross!  I used to feel obligated to do shots of that with the Germans when I was there.  Really messed with some good beers.  I used to cringe when I saw it commin.  Just thinkin about it, I want to rinse my tongue off. 

Does that mean you are not going to try my recipe? What tastes good to me don't taste to you.

That's OK if you come up with a spinach flavored juice I sure won't be trying that.

10 minutes ago, Walt said:

You can send me yours.  I have one recently opened and two more fresh bottles in my freezer right now.  Love Jäegermeister...so much so that I used to have a GSD named Jäegermeister, (Jäeger for short).  The name definitely fit, as he was a master at hunting gophers, possum, snakes and other undesirable critters around the house.

3 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

You can send me yours.  I have one recently opened and two more fresh bottles in my freezer right now.  Love Jäegermeister...so much so that I used to have a GSD named Jäegermeister, (Jäeger for short).  The name definitely fit, as he was a master at hunting gophers, possum, snakes and other undesirable critters around the house.

I try to keep a bottle or 2 on hand myself, I guess its an acquired taste.

26 minutes ago, Walt said:

In Germany do they serve Jagermeister at room temperature like they do beer? I always drink Jagermeister ice cold.

When I was there the beer was cold and the Jagermeister at room temp.  You could get a "warming stick" for the beer if you liked.  That was in the early 70's.