Whats Your Favorite Cart Filler?

oper8tor2

has anyone here used the lipton pyramid tea bag as filler for a while? how bout the aquarium filter material.

fluval i think its called. what are the pros and cons?

i'm interested in ease of use, durability, performance, etc. .... what other favorites are out there?

i just can't wait to play with my new toy!!!

has anyone here used the lipton pyramid tea bag as filler for a while? how bout the aquarium filter material.

i'm interested in ease of use, durability, performance, etc. .... what other favorites are out there?

Hi, Oper8tor! I have tried both the pyramid tea bag and the Fluval polyester filters. I found the pyramid tea bags at my local Walmart but I had to order the Fluval from ebay; since we live in a remote area, none of the pet stores in town carried Fluval and I didn't want to try any other brand. I followed the directions for both on youtube.com and made a few of each for me and my hubby.

As it turns out, I like the polyester filters better and hubby likes the tea bags better! The best part about both types, no matter which you like better, is that they are easily replaced and cost effective.

I didn't use the tea bag filler enough to know "why" I liked the poly better as far as performance, taste, etc. So, I can't really give you a review for those. The reason I like the poly better was because it's just easier to use/make a filler. My hubby says he liked the tea bag better because gets more throat hit from it, as opposed to the poly.

Sorry, I can't give you more of the info you want here, BUT...I did send some pyramid tea bags and a strip of the Fluval poly to Jeffb to try out :> Maybe after he makes some cartridges he will be able to give you a better idea as to durability, performance etc!

Ive tried both. But Im so lazy I just resorted to dripping. How sad am I ? I have other carts that I just rinse and reuse for when Im going out, but the teabag and fluval is just too much work for me. More time to vape, less time cutting. :punk:

I found that the PTB mods work the best. I don't like dripping because you have to keep dripping every few drags. I recently modified the PTB mod that alot of people use. I've found that the juice goes toward the folds of the tea bag. so i do the same thing that everyone else does with the PTB only i flip it upside-down (fold facing upward). Then i cut a small triangle slot down right in the center of the fold. The triangle slot creates a pocket for the atomizer bridge to go and the triangle shape cause the tea bag to squeeze the bridge. Just try it and stick something down the triangle slot to see how it squeezes whatever is being pushed into it. This mod makes CLOUDS of vapor. I should be posting a video on youtube to demostrate soon.

I found that the PTB mods work the best. I don't like dripping because you have to keep dripping every few drags. I recently modified the PTB mod that alot of people use. I've found that the juice goes toward the folds of the tea bag. so i do the same thing that everyone else does with the PTB only i flip it upside-down (fold facing upward). Then i cut a small triangle slot down right in the center of the fold. The triangle slot creates a pocket for the atomizer bridge to go and the triangle shape cause the tea bag to squeeze the bridge. Just try it and stick something down the triangle slot to see how it squeezes whatever is being pushed into it. This mod makes CLOUDS of vapor. I should be posting a video on youtube to demostrate soon.

Let us know when you get that vid posted, and welcome to VT!

Let us know when you get that vid posted, and welcome to VT!

Thanks! FINALLY got it up there. Had some issues with the camera. The vid cuts off at the end where I show the vapor production, but the mod demo is all there. Hope this helps.

--Kevin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qi73aT7hoY

I have tried many different fillers and I always end up going back to the fluval. cheap and easy to use. wicks well and last. even at 5 volts I don't have any trouble. With the 510 I also use the straw mod. no matter which way you go--just don't pack the filler too tight--decreases wicking.

We all have our personal preferences, There is no one answer.

Happy vaping

The vapor production with the fluval and pyramid tea bags is equal--both are great in that respect. that being said--I use a combination of cart and dripping. drip 1 to the atty and 1 to the cart.

You can only put so much liquid to the atty before it starts flooding and the vapor production will go down or stop.I just stick with the poly not too much not too little just right.