Getting Adventurous with New Mod

condor266

I am fairly new to vaping (couple of months) and up until now have been keeping it fairly basic and vaping in wattage mode set at 18W on a Kanger Subox with a 0.5ohm coil. I recently picked up an Aspire Archon and topped it with a Crown tank with a 1.2ohm single coil and set it up the same way. Rather than running the Archon in W mode, I switched it over to TC mode at 475 f. All things considered, am just looking for some input as to whether I am on the right track with this mod.

Welcome to Vapor Talk!

The Aspire Archon has TCR mode so you can use Kanthal and Nichrome in TC-mode, but dialing them in is kinda finicky because you have to know the Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (TCR) value of the wire you are using...  Once you have that, you can put the MOD into TCR mode, key in the TCR value, and vape happy (once you dial in the temperature, that is).  Length of wire, coil size, micro/macro coil, etc. will also affect the TCR value, but it should be minimal.

Here are some TCR values I've used with success ...

Ni200: "0600" [0.00600] (According to Steam-Engine.org)
TitaniumGrade1: "0366" [0.00366] (According to Steam-Engine.org)
SS316L: "0088" [0.000879] (According to Steam-Engine)
SS317L: "0094" [0.00094] (According to Steam-Engine.org)
Nichrome: 0.00040 (According to DJLsbVapes)
Nichrome N60 (C): 0.000178
Nichrome N80 (A): 0.000112
Kanthal NiFe70: 0.0052

By no means assume these are absolute values!  You'll need to play around with your MOD and the settings to fine-tune it, but these should give you a good starting point?

Any thoughts on the Tesla Three? I got one and love it. It's super simple not buttons or screen to adjust anything the chipset inside regulates everything for you. It's handled every Tank with every kind of coil and resistance you can think of like a champ. It does have battery indicator lights though but no screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen the Tesla Three, but never tried one... mostly because I prefer replaceable batteries and "adjustment" on my mods.  I like the fact it has a big capacity (5000mAh), and the circuitry has a 40A cut-off, but the fact it throws a constant Voltage (much like a mech-mod, but doesn't drop off after every hit) does keep me from owning one... Many of my juices like a Wattage that puts my Voltage requirements in the 4.2-5V range, which I believe is lower than the output of the Tesla Three, which would mean my juice wouldn't get enough "juice" to produce the vaping experience I prefer.

I'm glad you're liking it... They're well made and from a reputable company, so don't take my desire to not own one as a negative... vaping is personal, and that mod just isn't for me ;)