G Priv Firmware update?

d_bo

I just purchased a G Priv, and the clock doesn't seem to work properly. I.e., I set it for 4:37 and now a few days later, guess what time it lists? 4:37. I was hoping there might be a firmware update available, but after much googling and scanning the official Smok site, there doesnt appear to be one. I know there is an update for the h priv, but surely the chipset and firmware of a touchscreen mod is completely different. Long story short, has anyone else ran into the clock issues with their G Priv and is there a firmware update I am missing out there on Smok's extremely convoluted web page?

By chance did you buy this at a local B&M? If so, I'd take it back there to see if they can offer help. If not that, have you tried youtube? There are many vids there with tips. Sorry I can't be any more help than that.  :(

You know sometimes the manufactures stick the firmware updates on some pretty obscure webpages. I would shoot them an email. Even with the broken english, most of the reps are happy to supply you with what you need. (They me even have a firmware version not yet released to the public which they may send you via email) 

Word to the wise though, if you have an extra email account, I'd use that. It's not unusual to contact one of the chinese companies and then bam, hundreds of spam emails a couple weeks later :)

• 1 month later...

Did you by any chance get this resolved? I have the same issue with both firmware version 1.6 (as supplied) and 1.8 which I found on the SMOK site. SMOK technical support have so far ignored my emails and I'm getting nowhere. OK so it's not the end of the world that the clock doesn't work, after all it's a mod and not a watch, but still the appalling response from SMOK leaves a bitter taste...

The 1.8 update ironically says 'date/time' fix... Smoktech Firmware

C.

Edited by Habile