Ecig explodes in woman's purse

Jeffb

11 hours ago, Jeffb said:

I have a huge issue with the last line of the article where it says, "There have been scores of fires and explosions of e-cigarettes and vape pens that have caused serious injuries."

Granted, there have been a few with serious injuries, but according the latest information I could find from a report published in October 2014 by the U.S. Fire Administration there were two...count them, TWO explosions that resulted in serious injuries between 2009 and 2014.  This publication focused strictly on incidents that occurred and were reported in the United States between 2009 and 2014.  There were only a total of 25 separate incidents reported in the media in the United States during that time, and only TWO resulted in "serious injury".  7 more resulted in mild to moderate injury and the rest resulted in no injury.  80% of the reported explosions occurred during charging.  My guess is the vast majority were due to a sever case of HUA on the user's part, though the article doesn't state that directly.

Folks can read the publication for themselves here.