Coil Troubles....

Edna

Hi all you brilliant folks!

I need your help (again) I'm using my eleaf pico and the coil starts giving out so I reach in my back up box and the one I try to replace it with says "no

atomizer" so I grab another and the same thing happens. I grab a different tank and the mod is working fine. SO I figure it's the coils. Since that was the last of my coils I go to the local B&M and they're out of my eleaf coils and they give me Aspire Atlantis coils in 0.3ohm saying they would work. I wick it up and put it in my melo 3 tank and I'm getting nothing (no vapor) so I look on the box and it says that they're for 70-80W.  I don't vape that high and I tried upping the wattage my normal 30W and to 60 and it spit hot lava down my throat.... a few 4 letter impolite words later.....I'm at a loss due to not knowing much about these things... So, I'm back with a problem for you all to help with.... should I return the rest of the coils and get something different? The Aspire box says the .5ohm or the 1.0ohm  coils are more in my normal vaping level. I'm learning not to trust my local B&M at all I seem to have a lot of problems with their advice.

I'm having a heck of a time. HELP.... Thanks all!

I have never bought anything but 1 battery from a local B&M. I have heard too many stories about how incompetent they are. Take them back and get coils in your vaping range. 

Sometimes you will have to pull up the center pin on your mod to get a good contact.

Edited by FXRich

Thanks FXRich!

How do you pull the center pin up? Needle nose pliers? I'm not sure they'd fit in there.

I had ordered more of my coils thinking I had enough on hand until they got here ...UGH...Murphy's law got me....darn it

Coils are not exactly the same length, sometimes the center pin on the mod gets pushed down, and when you change coils the new coil doesn't make good contact. I use a pin or other sharp object to pry it back up. When you do it keep your fingers away from the fire button if using a metal object, or take the battery out if possible. I have to do this sometimes once a week or so. There are some videos on the net explaining how to do it.

Thank you Both!

I exchanged the coils but took your advice and tried the old coils and one worked and one was actually bad.

Edna