Areo tank Mega. No air flow

1 hour ago, Vegasjewel said:

Hi I'm new to vaping, got an Areo tank Mega that I can't get any air flow. Have taken it apart & cleaned still no air.. replaced coil, nada. tank only worked for a week. Please help. Thanks

The AeroTank Mega uses TWO coil heads (Kanger BDC - dual coil).  The airflow is adjusted via the air-flow control ring at the base. 

Take the tank apart... clean it well with hot, running water and then soak it in Vodka if you have any... if not, then hot water will do (not boiling hot).  After it has soaked for an hour or two... allow it to air dry for overnight.

Reassemble the tank WITHOUT coils... test the airflow, using the air-flow control ring to ensure it is changing the volume of air.  Once you are sure the ring is allowing sufficient air, take it back apart, put in TWO NEW coils, re-assemble (with NO JUICE), and test the airflow again.  Once you're satisfied the coils are allowing air-flow, disassemble, fill the tank, re-assemble, and let it sit for 10-minutes to soak the juice into the wicks.  Try it now....

3 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

The AeroTank Mega uses TWO coil heads (Kanger BDC - dual coil). 

TWO??? Do you know how long the coils last, Earthling? With the dark, sweet juices I vape, that could get very expensive very quickly.  :)

11 minutes ago, Tam said:

TWO??? Do you know how long the coils last, Earthling? With the dark, sweet juices I vape, that could get very expensive very quickly.  :)

Yes, Tam... TWO coils... the AT Mega is a quad-coil tank (uses two dual-coil heads in parallel).  Using two 1.8 Ohm coils gives you 0.9 Ohms of resistance, which when they came out were a novelty of quad-coil and sub-ohm in a standard "tank".

They weren't overly popular, and you can see why, lol... replacing coils two at a time does get expensive.  There is also the issue when you mis-match coils (1.8 ohm and 1.5 ohm), or have two coils rated/labeled the same (1.8 ohm) and they actually meter differently... it causes one coil to heat faster and burn out faster, thus resulting in poor performance and leakage.

2 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

Yes, Tam... TWO coils... the AT Mega is a quad-coil tank (uses two dual-coil heads in parallel).  Using two 1.8 Ohm coils gives you 0.9 Ohms of resistance, which when they came out were a novelty of quad-coil and sub-ohm in a standard "tank".

They weren't overly popular, and you can see why, lol... replacing coils two at a time does get expensive.  There is also the issue when you mis-match coils (1.8 ohm and 1.5 ohm), or have two coils rated/labeled the same (1.8 ohm) and they actually meter differently... it causes one coil to heat faster and burn out faster, thus resulting in poor performance and leakage.

Thanks for the information, Earthling, I know I can always count on you.  :)  Man, but that would suck if you thought you had two coils with the same resistance and they weren't built right... One coil at a time if more than enough for me.

7 minutes ago, Tam said:

Thanks for the information, Earthling, I know I can always count on you.  :)  Man, but that would suck if you thought you had two coils with the same resistance and they weren't built right... One coil at a time if more than enough for me.

Sorry Tam... I'll correct myself... the AeroTank TURBO uses two coils... the Mega uses only one, but is 50% more tank capacity as the regular Aerotank... 3.8ml vs 2.4ml.  The Turbo uses two coils (quad-coil design) and has 6ml capacity.... my bad :(

Apologies to @Vegasjewel on misinformation regarding the number of coils required for your Mega... but the act of cleaning I listed above is still valid, but you will only require ONE coil :)

32 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

Sorry Tam... I'll correct myself... the AeroTank TURBO uses two coils... the Mega uses only one, but is 50% more tank capacity as the regular Aerotank... 3.8ml vs 2.4ml.  The Turbo uses two coils (quad-coil design) and has 6ml capacity.... my bad :(

No biggie. I still think one coil at a time works best for me.  :)