How to create a Mr Eliquid type smooth 70pg/30vg mix

Hello,

Ive only made a few batches so far. I'm using NicVape 100mg nic and NicVape PG and VG. 

Im using different calculators and getting the same formula for 70/30. 

Im trying to make my own Jade Tiger and the main problem I'm having is that it just doesn't have the smooth throaty high pg taste like Mr E. The smoke is thick and taste sweet like it is a higher VG. 

The flavor is PG based and so is the nic. 

How can I fix it so I don't get the heavy vapor clouds and VG taste?

To get a 70/30 PG/VG mix, for every 10ml you make, 7ml of the composition must be made up by your flavorings, nicotine, and added PG, assuming your nicotine and all flavorings are PG-based.  Check the ingredients of your flavorings to ensure they are PG-based.  If your nicotine is thick it is most likely VG-based (and possibly mis-labeled?).

Another thing to consider is the tank you're using... have you upgraded to a different tank or different coil resistance, compared to the one you were using with the Mr E?  Flavors and vapor vary from tank to tank or even when changing coil resistances....

If all things look right... adjust your calculator to mix to 80/20 or even 90/10 to reduce the amount of vapor and increase the throat-hit.  Trial and error will make the difference and help you dial-it-in... The flavorings you use will change the taste and throat-hit, even when changing manufacturers... The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) flavors will be slightly different from those made by Capella or Lorann (or others), so you may wish to try your flavorings from another manufacturer as well?