Mixing Juices

Devv

Compared to many of you on these forums, I am fairly new to vaping and the whole shebang.  Question is, mixing pre-made juices.  Is there anything I should be aware of?  Flavors and other things that could possibly be harmful if mixed?

I've been playing around a bit.  My intro device (V2 Series 3) I vaped a bunch of different juices of varying VG/PG and nicotine levels.  Since moving over to the sub-ohm hardware, and reading that juices over 6mg Nicotine may taste burnt, I've experimented a bit.  Below when I list the "x mg" I am listing the nicotine levels of the juice.

First was mixing some Cosmic Charlie's Chalk Dust Slam Berry (12mg) with Vapetasia Royalty II (3mg).  Used about a 2/1 ratio of Royalty/Slam Berry.  A bit harsh throat hit at first, I'm guessing since the VG/PG of Slam Berry was 50/50 and Royalty is 70/30.  Added a bit more Royalty and its fine, not great.  Not really getting the custard notes of Royalty anymore, with a slight aftertaste of Strawberry.

Second was Django by 13th Floor Elevapors.  I had some 12mg juice and some 3mg juice.  I thought I'd mix a bit of the two and results were not so great.  Its still a fine vape, but not as sweet or nutty as the straight 3mg on sub-ohm or the 12mg on the V2.  A bit of bad aftertaste as well, which is disappointing because this has been my go to juice for the last month.

Last one I tried was I Madhatter's love Donuts(3mg) with Star Spangled Bananer (12mg) from Banzai.  I did a 3 parts Donuts to 1 part SSB.  Holy crap.  This stuff is delicious.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my thoughts here.  If any of you have insight on what to mix or not to mix, please share, thanks!

Edited by Devv

Compared to many of you on these forums, I am fairly new to vaping and the whole shebang.  Question is, mixing pre-made juices.  Is there anything I should be aware of?  Flavors and other things that could possibly be harmful if mixed?

I've been playing around a bit.  My intro device (V2 Series 3) I vaped a bunch of different juices of varying VG/PG and nicotine levels.  Since moving over to the sub-ohm hardware, and reading that juices over 6mg Nicotine may taste burnt, I've experimented a bit.  Below when I list the "x mg" I am listing the nicotine levels of the juice.

First was mixing some Cosmic Charlie's Chalk Dust Slam Berry (12mg) with Vapetasia Royalty II (3mg).  Used about a 2/1 ratio of Royalty/Slam Berry.  A bit harsh throat hit at first, I'm guessing since the VG/PG of Slam Berry was 50/50 and Royalty is 70/30.  Added a bit more Royalty and its fine, not great.  Not really getting the custard notes of Royalty anymore, with a slight aftertaste of Strawberry.

Second was Django by 13th Floor Elevapors.  I had some 12mg juice and some 3mg juice.  I thought I'd mix a bit of the two and results were not so great.  Its still a fine vape, but not as sweet or nutty as the straight 3mg on sub-ohm or the 12mg on the V2.  A bit of bad aftertaste as well, which is disappointing because this has been my go to juice for the last month.

Last one I tried was I Madhatter's love Donuts(3mg) with Star Spangled Bananer (12mg) from Banzai.  I did a 3 parts Donuts to 1 part SSB.  Holy crap.  This stuff is delicious.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my thoughts here.  If any of you have insight on what to mix or not to mix, please share, thanks!

I mix my juices all the time, although I only Vape 3mg, actually I've come up with some pretty good tasting concoctions..I just mostly throw something in a tank with something else..I like fruity custards, cremes and ry4's..they're typically 60/40 or 70/30 vg/pg..Enjoy your Vape...by the way if you sub ohm you may want to lower your nic level a bit..but if 12mg is your thang go for it!

Yea that was the thing.  On my intro device, the 12mg juices was fine.  I picked up a bunch of 3mg juice once I switched over to subohm.  Still on the latter stages of weening myself off of analog smokes, so I thought that maybe mixing some of my 12mg juice with the 3mg juice on the subohm would work.  As I said above, some seem to work well, others not so much.

I mix juices here and there mostly with good results.  The general rule I follow is if I think flavors are complimentary in real life then they'll likely be ok when mixing juices. 

However, not all flavors are created equal. In other words, half of one and half of another is not always the best combo. Also, some flavor so will cancel each other out and you end up with a "no" flavor or something odd. 

Remember nic is measured mg/ml.   This will help you figure what nice you end up with so if you have a 6ml tank and you mix 1/3 (2ml) of 12mg with 2/3 (4ml) of 3mg you get 24 + 12 = 36 / 6 = 6mg final. 

mixing juices of different viscosity requires a little blending so it wicks evenly. 

Otherwise, the sky's the limit. Go for it.

I would suggest a juice calculator if you are going to be mixing premixed juices. It will help in telling you what your end result will be without the having to do the math. Just a way to make it simple and give you way to save what you did so you can repeat it if you come up with a good combo.

• 1 month later...

Kind of off topic but I always keep a trusty bottle of vg on hand,it is good for thickening up vendor juices a too much of for my liking....but be careful!if you get too much in there it will not wick well,or even worse, eat your coil for breakfast.I  learned that the hard way.I think it is trial and error....to an extent