New device suggestions

VaporTron

This is my current setup.

I like cloud chasing and flavor.

Looking to get a vv/vw device but not sure if there is any real benefit.

When i fire my .4ohm coil in my vct4 it get its own wattage based on battery voltage remaining. So how do the vw devices work? Are they worth it?

Should i just stick to this set up?

Is this device limiting my builds anyway?

Thanks fellow Vapers.

20151206_205605-1-1.jpg

You don't see many VV mods, mostly VW mods. What happens is when you set the watts the mod reads the ohms and puts out the voltage to get the desired wattage. A good example would be if you have a .4ohm coil and you set the watts at 50 watts the mod will put out 4.47 volts regardless of the voltage of the battery. It either steps up the voltage or reduces it. VW mods supply a consistent voltage, and give you a more consistent vape.

You don't see many VV mods, mostly VW mods. What happens is when you set the watts the mod reads the ohms and puts out the voltage to get the desired wattage. A good example would be if you have a .4ohm coil and you set the watts at 50 watts the mod will put out 4.47 volts regardless of the voltage of the battery. It either steps up the voltage or reduces it. VW mods supply a consistent voltage, and give you a more consistent vape.

Is there any danger in increasing my volts past 4.2?? My mech mod is unregulated. I had a smok chip in but it will only fire for 1 second with the vct4 18650 for some reason but works great with my aw 18650 for over a year can hold over 8 secs

Is there any advantage of a vw mod? (besides built in ohm checker lol)

1 hour ago, VaporTron said:

Is there any danger in increasing my volts past 4.2?? My mech mod is unregulated. I had a smok chip in but it will only fire for 1 second with the vct4 18650 for some reason but works great with my aw 18650 for over a year can hold over 8 secs

Is there any advantage of a vw mod? (besides built in ohm checker lol)

You can only increase your volts past 4.2 in a mechanical mod if you use a series mechanical box.  There are not many options out there.

There are many advantages to a VW mod.  First is most chips use a DC/DC converter and can boost the voltage to the atomizer quite a bit above battery voltage. The ipv D2 can put out 75 watts.  It has a 25A and 7V limit on the chip.  It will supply more Watts to the atomizer for a much longer time than a mechanical mod.  It is also much more consistent.  In a mechanical mod the vape starts hot and gets weaker as the battery gets lower.  In a VW mod it provides the same Watts to the atomizer until the battery drops below it's cut off limit, usually 3.5V.  Variable Wattage mods are also (normally) safer.  They will not fire if they are shorted, they will not fire if they get too hot, they will not let you ruin an 18650 by running it too low.

I love the simplicity of the mechanical mod, and will always keep a few around, but day in day out a variable wattage mod is just hard to beat.

I have one and like it, I use my Invader more, but that is only because of the way it fits my hand and is very durable. My eVic stays on my desk while the Invader goes with me when I'm active.

I want to add too that I think the eVic is a better TC mod.

Edited by Compenstine