Cthulhu RTA v2

jasonculp

Here is my review of the Cthulhu RTA v2.

Cv2-unbox.thumb.jpg.17e57118d9e53cc2fbdf

This is how it came in.  Pretty good packaging with an extra Delrin drip tip, frosted glass, and tools/o-rings.

Cv2-TankSection.thumb.jpg.4897c6a3cc1db2

This is the tank section.  L to R: drip tip, top fill cap, top cap, glass, bottom/chimney.

It can be disassembled nearly completely for cleaning.

Cv2-TankSection2.thumb.jpg.368aaa47731bb

The tank section assembled.

Cv2-BuildDeck.thumb.jpg.ae0ec9a8ddc2353d

This is the top of the build decks.  It comes with both single coil, and dual coil decks.

Cv2-BuildDeck-bottom.thumb.jpg.3fdc05de4

This is the bottom of the build decks.  The one on the left is the dual coil, and if the pictures were clearer, you can see it has very large airflow.  The single coil has 4 smaller holes, that lead up to the hole below the coil.  It is a bit more restricted than the dual coil deck

Cv2-BaseSection.thumb.jpg.8dd03fbba56cc6

This is the base section.  The piece on the left is the airflow control and the positive pin.  It is adjustible and the system works very good.  The middle piece is the juice control.  The ring to the right is what you turn to move the ring up and down.  It could us a bit more knurling, it is pretty slick.

Cv2-JuiceControl-open.thumb.jpg.e7d95629

This is the base section and the build deck assembled.  This has the juice control fully open (see the nearly invisible arrow).  As you twist the ring the juice control moves up to contact the bottom of the tank to stop the flow of juice.

Cv2-JuiceControl-closed.thumb.jpg.fb2aaa

Here the juice control is closed.

Cv2-wicked.thumb.jpg.9932f155ee45b048d1e

Here it is coiled, and wicked poorly, but ready to go.  Notice the ring to hold the wicks in place.  This allows you to assemble and disassemble the tank without messing up the wicks.  It is a great idea, but a bit hard to get on and off. So far it has been leak free for me and seems to wick very well.  I am running a 3mm 28ga Ni200 coil on it at .16 ohms.

Cv2-mini.thumb.jpg.dc8b38f6d1452148c2b50

Ready to vape on my Joyetech eVic VTC Mini.  So far they have been a really good team.

I really like this tank.  It has a lot of pieces.  It is not a simple tank.  The machine work is not perfect on it, but it works well.  I don't use the juice control, I just leave it wide open.  I have only tested the dual coil deck, and it seems to work good.  The single coil deck works great.  It is a lot like a larger SubTank Mini deck.  I have been running it in temp control mode for 2 weeks and have not had a minutes trouble.  My coil looked terrible after 2 weeks, but I think this is more of a fault of the eVic mini, not the tank. It seems like the temp control is not working really accurate with the mini.  I have to run it hotter than my other TC mods to get the same vape, but there are times where it seems to get too hot. I have it updated to the latest firmware, but it looks like they need another update.

Overall I really like this tank.  It is my all day every day tank at the moment.  It has good flavor, and good airflow.  The only downsides to this tank (at least mine) is the poor machining and the complex design.  The machining doesn't bother me on any part but the top fill.  It is a bit hard to get on and off. All of the separate pieces gives quite a few points of failure, but so far none have.

Edited by jasonculp