Lemo-2

cany

Went to the B&M  tonight for my usual juice and to inquire about a RBD for the Triton or Melo he didnt have any but he did give me his Lemo2 its been sitting and he hasnt used. I was wondering  what you all thought of the Lemo2?

Went to the B&M  tonight for my usual juice and to inquire about a RBD for the Triton or Melo he didnt have any but he did give me his Lemo2 its been sitting and he hasnt used. I was wondering  what you all thought of the Lemo2?

I really like mine.  I just don't use it any more.  Once you learn to build it, it is one of the best RTA's I have owned.  I wish it had a bit more airflow.  The top fill is great if you have the right bottles (the ones with the skinny tip).

I don't really recommend the Lemo 2 for temp control.  The 2 piece base causes a bit of trouble if the connections are not perfect.  It is a shame that it has this issue, because the build deck is huge and you can make some awesome single coils on it.

THANKS Jason Im gonna try it with Kanth builds /practice lol

I have tried to find the post and I can't find it.  There is a post where someone posted a link of the pancake head screws so you can trap the wires on top of the deck instead of running them through the holes.  I never had much trouble with it, but some people like it better trapping them on top.

This is one reason I am liking the Cthulhu 2 right now.  The flavor is not quite as good as the Lemo 2, but it is working great in TC.  It only slightly has a bit more airflow than the Lemo 2.  The deck is also much smaller on the Cthulhu. I really like a single coil mod for TC.  Dual coils just are too much for a tank (for me).

If I like coil building I will deffinatly be on the hunt for another sutup

I am planning a full review of the Cthulhu 2 and Evic VTC mini soon. Short version, is I don't recommend the Cthulhu 2.  It requires quite a bit of tinkering to make it work good.  When it is setup right, it is great, but when it isn't, you will pull your hair out.

I am planning a full review of the Cthulhu 2 and Evic VTC mini soon. Short version, is I don't recommend the Cthulhu 2.  It requires quite a bit of tinkering to make it work good.  When it is setup right, it is great, but when it isn't, you will pull your hair out.

I need simple lol

I need simple lol

I understand.  I do too.  I am close to 2 weeks in with the coil I built.  I am going to try to take it apart, recoil it, and take pictures.  It just has too many pieces, juice ring, wick ring...and on and on.  Too many points of failure, and it is also poorly machined.  It has a lot of good features, just too complicated.

I understand.  I do too.  I am close to 2 weeks in with the coil I built.  I am going to try to take it apart, recoil it, and take pictures.  It just has too many pieces, juice ring, wick ring...and on and on.  Too many points of failure, and it is also poorly machined.  It has a lot of good features, just too complicated.

Sunday will be 2 weeks with my NI build its still going good Im dreading when its not lol...........  I just took the Lemo apart I see what you  mean by the legs going into the post looks like fun lol Im gonna practice with my welding wire lol

I use the cheese head screws as replacement of provided stock screws, but the pancake may be better. For Ni coil builds on lemo-type decks, I find that wrapping the leads around the screw head gives much more stable resistance compared to threading the leads; kanthal builds makes no difference. I loved mine but, just like jason, it was a bit restrictive on airflow for me too.

Cthulhu 2 is actually a very solid RTA. The machining is rough but once you break it in, threads get smoother. When I first got it, it was on my top 5 RTAs. Now it is in my top 2 after playing with it awhile.

Uwell Crown RBA is, in my opinion, one of the biggest and easiest RBAs decks to work with that does not have a lemo-type deck

I use the cheese head screws as replacement of provided stock screws, but the pancake may be better. For Ni coil builds on lemo-type decks, I find that wrapping the leads around the screw head gives much more stable resistance compared to threading the leads; kanthal builds makes no difference. I loved mine but, just like jason, it was a bit restrictive on airflow for me too.

I think that was what I was looking for.  I thought you had posted a link to it.  I was just thinking of the wrong food... Hungry I guess!

Cthulhu 2 is actually a very solid RTA. The machining is rough but once you break it in, threads get smoother. When I first got it, it was on my top 5 RTAs. Now it is in my top 2 after playing with it awhile.

Right now the Cthulhu 2 is my go to tank.  I have not built it enough to get it to smooth up.  I do like it.  The top fill threads on mine are terrible, but usable.  It is a bit more complicated than many other RTA's, but it has so many options.  The Velocity style dual coil, two post deck it great. (I just don't use it)

Uwell Crown RBA is, in my opinion, one of the biggest and easiest RBAs decks to work with that does not have a lemo-type deck

I didn't even realize the Uwell Crown had an RBA.  I may look into this.  I was thinking about the TFV4 mini, but I have not really used the full size one that much.  It is a good tank, just more than I need (with the factory coils)

Does  the Lemo2 airflow have to be closed when filling? if its open what would happen?

I always close the AFC before filling it up after some leaking when I forgot to do it the first time around.

I think that was what I was looking for.  I thought you had posted a link to it.  I was just thinking of the wrong food... Hungry I guess!

Right now the Cthulhu 2 is my go to tank.  I have not built it enough to get it to smooth up.  I do like it.  The top fill threads on mine are terrible, but usable.  It is a bit more complicated than many other RTA's, but it has so many options.  The Velocity style dual coil, two post deck it great. (I just don't use it)

I didn't even realize the Uwell Crown had an RBA.  I may look into this.  I was thinking about the TFV4 mini, but I have not really used the full size one that much.  It is a good tank, just more than I need (with the factory coils)

I think someone on another board may have used pancake screws, and it may be better suited for wrapping leads with it's larger head. The dual-coil deck is all I have been using at the moment on Cthulhu v2, and it is also been my go to RTA.

Uwell decided to sell their RBA separately just like Aspire did to Triton. I hope this is not going to be a trend in the future for other manufacturers. The Crown RBA is in between STM deck and TFV4 deck, size wise. But if you already have the Cthulhu 2, you may not like it as much since you will probably not see any improvement in flavor and vapor. Building and ease of topfilling it are the only advantages of Crown over C2.

Thanks Iquit  that explains the flood lol

I always close the AFC before filling it up after some leaking when I forgot to do it the first time around.

Another tip is to turn it on it's side so that the fill hole if pointed towards the ceiling.  The tank should be parallel to the floor.  That coupled with the closed AFC, you shouldn't have any trouble.