Wismec Presa 40W

Earthling789

I received my Wismec Presa today from GearBest, and first look is impressive!  I got the silver one (anodized Aluminum) rather than the black powder-coat, because I hoped it would not fade or chip color as badly.

2015-09-21%2010.51.11_zpsmvseuq6t.jpg

Nice packaging, battery arrived fully charged, and the APV included a very long USB charging cable (standard micro-USB) and an eGo adapter so you can use eGo threaded tanks.  The unit has a built-in battery (2600mAh), goes up to 40W (or 10V) in 0.1W increments.  It is switchable from VW to VV, and the screen flips to read from the left or right (a nice feature).  The adjustment buttons are easy to reach and operate, yet their placement makes it very difficult to accidentally press them as you use it.  The buttons as well as the fire-button are also lockable so you cannot adjust or press the fire button without unlocking.  There is also a spring-loaded 510-pin, which so far has connected perfectly with all of my tanks.  The battery also (supposedly) fires coils down to 0.2 Ohm, which will be tested with my Arctic Tank.

The only thing I've not been overly impressed with (out of the box) is the fire button is not perfectly smooth, but I think it may smooth-out as it is used?

I'll be using this daily for a week or two to give it a real work-out and see how well the battery does and how long it lasts between charges.  I'll also be using it with different tanks, including a sub-ohm tank (or two).

Compared to my Cloupor (slightly taller than Cloupor, but same width and roughly same weight)

2015-09-21%2010.51.37_zpscjtqwqyi.jpg

With a full size Nautilus attached

2015-09-21%2010.52.49_zps5iosvysw.jpg

UPDATE:

I'm in love with this little mod!

We've been using it since yesterday around 10am, and the battery needed charging after about 24-hours of heavy use (around Noon today).  The manual says it will charge in 3 hours using a 1A charger (which is what I used), and just under 3 hours is what it took.  Charging is dirt-simple... plug it in and wait for the charge indicator to stop flashing.  I didn't think to check pass-through function because I wanted to see how long it took to charge, but I don't think it will work as a pass-through anyway (does not indicate it on the manual, and when plugged in, the screen changes to charge-indicator-flash).

The ergonomics of the device is fantastic... can fire it with thumb, first finger, two fingers, or just by gripping it with the whole hand.  It feels great, and has a good weight to it.  And, yes, the button has smoothed-out considerably after a little use... it's not quite butter-smooth, but it seems to be getting there?

Comparing this to the iStick 50W, I'd take the Presa over the iStick any day of the week for size and ergonomics, and the price is roughly the same @ sub-$40.  The iStick 50W only wins for battery size (mAh).  The Presa does not feel as "cheap" as the iSticks do either... this thing is solid... on par with the iTaste MVP series, IMO.

I've tested it with a Nautilus (full size), AeroTank, and KPT2 (all running 1.5-1.8 Ohm coils), and this little unit is flawless in function with them, thanks to the spring-loaded 510.  The meter appears to be accurate (compared to my Ohm meter), as I have compared several tanks and RDAs built from 0.2 Ohm up to 2.2 Ohm.  The eGo adapter seems to be very similar to the ones supplied with the iSticks, but does not seem to have the issue where it won't fire if the tanks are screwed down too tightly :)

Now, on my Arctic tank, running a 0.21 Ohm coil... as the coil heats up from chain-vaping, the coil resistance obviously changes, which causes the Presa to NOT fire it consistently as the resistance dips below 0.20 Ohms.  SO, the cut-off of 0.2 Ohms is very accurate for this board.

I gave it to my SO last night (as I promised her I would, before it even arrived)...  She's been using an iTaste CLK with K1 tank for the past few months, and she's been wanting a "heftier" device for quite some time, but didn't want to deal with (what she perceived to be) the complexity/bulk of a VV/VW device, and did not want to deal with swapping 18650s like I do with my IPV's or Cloupor minis (even though she's been eyeing them quite hard lately, lol). 

I set this up for her last night with the Nautilus, and she's been loving it ever since!  Now she has 5ml capacity, a stealthy, well-made, reliable device (with lock to prevent mis-fires in her pocket) to carry her through her 12-hour shifts.  And, she does have her eGo-style back-ups and spare tanks should she accidentally break the Nautilus or suddenly find herself with a drained battery.

Now... I guess I'll need to buy her a second one?  If they only came in purple or pink, she'd be happy to have several... LOL

[Shhh, don't tell her about wraps... ]

Edited by Earthling789

Vapin Heathen and Mike Vapes have reviews up on Youtube for this device.

I will check this out.

UPDATE:

I'm in love with this little mod!

We've been using it since yesterday around 10am, and the battery needed charging after about 24-hours of heavy use (around Noon today).  The manual says it will charge in 3 hours using a 1A charger (which is what I used), and just under 3 hours is what it took.  Charging is dirt-simple... plug it in and wait for the charge indicator to stop flashing.  I didn't think to check pass-through function because I wanted to see how long it took to charge, but I don't think it will work as a pass-through anyway (does not indicate it on the manual, and when plugged in, the screen changes to charge-indicator-flash).

The ergonomics of the device is fantastic... can fire it with thumb, first finger, two fingers, or just by gripping it with the whole hand.  It feels great, and has a good weight to it.  And, yes, the button has smoothed-out considerably after a little use... it's not quite butter-smooth, but it seems to be getting there?

Comparing this to the iStick 50W, I'd take the Presa over the iStick any day of the week for size and ergonomics, and the price is roughly the same @ sub-$40.  The iStick 50W only wins for battery size (mAh).  The Presa does not feel as "cheap" as the iSticks do either... this thing is solid... on par with the iTaste MVP series, IMO.

I've tested it with a Nautilus (full size), AeroTank, and KPT2 (all running 1.5-1.8 Ohm coils), and this little unit is flawless in function with them, thanks to the spring-loaded 510.  The meter appears to be accurate (compared to my Ohm meter), as I have compared several tanks and RDAs built from 0.2 Ohm up to 2.2 Ohm.  The eGo adapter seems to be very similar to the ones supplied with the iSticks, but does not seem to have the issue where it won't fire if the tanks are screwed down too tightly :)

Now, on my Arctic tank, running a 0.21 Ohm coil... as the coil heats up from chain-vaping, the coil resistance obviously changes, which causes the Presa to NOT fire it consistently as the resistance dips below 0.20 Ohms.  SO, the cut-off of 0.2 Ohms is very accurate for this board.

I gave it to my SO last night (as I promised her I would, before it even arrived)...  She's been using an iTaste CLK with K1 tank for the past few months, and she's been wanting a "heftier" device for quite some time, but didn't want to deal with (what she perceived to be) the complexity/bulk of a VV/VW device, and did not want to deal with swapping 18650s like I do with my IPV's or Cloupor minis (even though she's been eyeing them quite hard lately, lol). 

I set this up for her last night with the Nautilus, and she's been loving it ever since!  Now she has 5ml capacity, a stealthy, well-made, reliable device (with lock to prevent mis-fires in her pocket) to carry her through her 12-hour shifts.  And, she does have her eGo-style back-ups and spare tanks should she accidentally break the Nautilus or suddenly find herself with a drained battery.

Now... I guess I'll need to buy her a second one?  If they only came in purple or pink, she'd be happy to have several... LOL

[Shhh, don't tell her about wraps... ]

Great review!  I have noticed that they are coming out with a TC version, and I am spoiled to TC. I do wish it had a removable battery, but I like the simplicity of the self contained unit.

I know how particular you are, so if it passes your test, it will defiantly pass mine!

I will check this out.

Great review!  I have noticed that they are coming out with a TC version, and I am spoiled to TC. I do wish it had a removable battery, but I like the simplicity of the self contained unit.

I know how particular you are, so if it passes your test, it will defiantly pass mine!

Their TC is exactly the same size, and fires down to 0.05 Ohm Ni200 or Ti wire, and down to 0.15 Ohm for Kanthal (even lower than their standard 40W), and the adjustment buttons are moved to the top, rather than the bottom so I've no idea if I'd like that or not, but it is lockable, so you can avoid accidental adjustments.

Yeah, I'm pretty picky, lol... and this Presa 40W is in my mind as decent an APV as the Innokin MVP series, but I like the size/ergonomics of the Presa, better than an MVP (and you know how I've praised the MVP-series in the past)!

I think this is an excellent starter VV/VW mod, or a great primary or back-up for anyone that doesn't want to deal with 18650's.  To me the solid-body construction, and size also beats the iStick 30W or 40W (TC).  The iStick 50W only has it beat in battery capacity (2000mAh more), but is more than twice the size (and flimsy), too.... with obvious auto-firing problems being reported...

So far, this thing is getting 5-stars from me!  But, we'll see how it is in a few months, or a year?

Edited by Earthling789

Well, it's Thursday, and the SO has just now put the Presa back on the charger.... it's not been charged since Tuesday around Noon... so with her vaping style, she's gotten two day's use from it from the last charge (using Nautilus w/1.6 BVC @ 12W).

Two more were ordered (GearBest), so she'll have a second one (and can retire her iTaste CLK to back-up status) and I'll have a shiny new back-up device... at least until she "borrows" it :D

AND, who told her about wraps??  I though you guys loved me? LOL  She came home this morning and asked if I could find something "pretty and purple" to add some color to it :D  Hmmm... now that I think about it... I should blame Tam?  SHE loves purple too! :evil: 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines