Tank for high VG

Hey all,

I currently have a KPT3 mini tank that I use 24/7 on my iTaste 3.0 vv/vw. I recently began switching to high vg(80%) juices and love them, but I have been noticing that the KPT3 mini has some trouble wicking the juice and I get dry hits sometimes.

Can anyone recommend a glass tank with somewhat cheap coils that has great airflow and wicks high vg well? I know that is probably asking for a lot but figured I would give it a shot.

I am definitely not ready to build my own coils, so a tank with easy replaceable coils would be ideal.

Edited by Gh0stPix3l

Similar set-up to mine... with high VG e-liquids you need to do dry hits regularly to force the e-liquid through, when I start to get the burn taste I do 3 or 4 over the top inhales without the power button  press, and that normally fixes it.

Edited by cesar

I've been vaping 90% vg through my subtank mini, and it runs like a champ. No dry hits, even when chain vaping.

Yeah, but at $22 for a 5-pack of coils, that's not even in the "somewhat" cheap area. lol

Also, I couldn't find any numbers on the iTaste 3 battery, if it could handle sub-ohm coils. If OP decides to go with a Subtank mini, I would strongly suggest buying a new battery that can handle the load for safety's sake --- or be sure to get the 1.5 ohm coils right away and throw out the .5 and 1.2 ohm coils that come with.

Edited by Tam

Yeah, but at $22 for a 5-pack of coils, that's not even in the "somewhat" cheap area. lol

This is very true lol. Mine came with an rba, which will hopefully keep me from going broke.:lol: Just have to figure out how to use the thing!

Edited by Kevo88

This is very true lol. Mine came with an rba, which will hopefully keep me from going broke.:lol: Just have to figure out how to use the thing!

When you got the rebuild deck, did you also get an ohm meter? You'll also need more wire and organic cotton because that little bit that comes in the kit? It's not enough, especially for someone new to building coils.  :)

OP did state that he wasn't ready to get into building his own coils so that wouldn't be an option for him.

When you got the rebuild deck, did you also get an ohm meter? You'll also need more wire and organic cotton because that little bit that comes in the kit? It's not enough, especially for someone new to building coils.  :)

OP did state that he wasn't ready to get into building his own coils so that wouldn't be an option for him.

I did not. The rba came in the kit with a couple of other pieces. I'll be posting a thread about it sooner or later, once I have the ambition to give it a try, and the proper safety stuff.

Yes, stock Kanger dual-coils for the KPT3 don't handle VG higher than 70% very well, unless you take a small hit every 3-minutes or so :)

For a quick-fix, Tam's suggestion of adding a few drops of distilled water, or possibly dilute with a few drops of pure PG, or mix with a higher PG juice to get a new/better flavor?  Before I started mixing my own juices, I use to mix one flavor (which was high PG) with two other flavors (which were high VG), and the mixture balanced-out to something all my tanks would vape well.

thanks everyone for your help.

I have started mixing my 80% vg juice with 505/50 juice and that helps a ton.

I have also been looking at getting a Kanger Subox mini or a eleaf istick 50w with a kanger sub tank. Currently trying to decide between the two.

Fast tech has the sub tank coils for a little more than a dollar per coil, which isnt horrible.

I've been vaping 90% vg through my subtank mini, and it runs like a champ. No dry hits, even when chain vaping.

Sure it is when you spread it out over 2 weeks  Cant beat the subtank mini for flavor/vapor :D:D