Need RDA performance help !!!!!

1ntimid8

Hello everyone, 

I am pretty new to the RDA world I bought my first one about 3 weeks ago but seem to be having performance issues. 

The rda I am using is the Bullet by sparkle with a .38 dual coil 24g kanthal build on it. The mod I am using is a xpro m80. Even at 80w still kind of lousy clouds, tried all sorts of different air configurations different coils 28g kanthal at .5 ohms same results. Coils were built very well. Wicked with Japanese cotton 

The juice I am using is 90/10 and 100 vg. To give yout an idea I have a horizon arctic with a .5 in it and it produces around the same amount of vapor. 

I see others with around the same ohm build lower wattage than I am getting a ton more vapor production, can anyone help me here? 

Edited by 1ntimid8

Welcome to VT!

At 0.38 Ohms and 80W, you're pushing over 14A and 5.6V.  Using 100% VG juice also means max cloud production (as capable by the juice, anyway).  Is  your coil a macro or micro?  What diameter mandrel did you use to wrap them?  Are they identical??  Too much cotton, too small surface area, too close to the air-holes, etc?  Cloud production is about airflow, yes, but also about surface-area, wicking ability, and vaporizing the liquid fully, yet not cooking it...   A picture of your rig and build will help a lot!

Are you vaping for the cloud production, or for flavor, or for smoking cessation?

I used a a 3/32 to wrap the coils. They are both identical. I don't use a lot of cotton just enough to hang into the deck. I did not think about them being to close to the air holes though. As I believe it is a macro coil I will get a picture of it as soon as I get home. 

I am vaping now for cloud production,  at first it was to quit smoking but that was months ago.

Edited by 1ntimid8

Welcome to VT, 1ntimid8.

You mentioned in your first post that you've tried different air configurations and different coils...were all of these different air configurations and coils also vaped at 80w?

The description of your current set-up on your atty sounds like it should be a cloud making machine.  Should be about 10 wraps on each coil.  Macro coil or micro coil, that should be plenty of surface area.  Of the things Earthling mentioned, it sounds like you have the airflow and surface areas covered.  Ultimately that leads me to think it's either the wattage or the wicking.

One other thing that factors into cloud production but isn't directly related to your setup would be technique: inhalation style and length.  Since you're going for clouds, I'm going to assume your technique likely involves lung hits of 3 or more seconds, but I wanted to mention it just in case.

Open a PhotoBucket account... they're free... upload your photos there, and once they are in your library, click on a photo, and look to the right... you'll see a listing of different quick links.  Use the one for WEB IMAGES... then paste that link into the body of your post.