How low do you go ? 50? 40 ? 30?

For those who use regulated box mods with battery indicator:  How low do you go with with the battery indicator before swapping them out for fresh ones. Currently i have not gone below 50%.  I dont this for a specific reason, but perhaps safety and not to over drain the batteries.  

I've been known to take them down to the point where the indicator is about 20%, but try to swap  batteries when the indicator hits 40-50%. 

Most of my displays are at 40-50% when the charge on the battery is ~ 3.7V, and 20% on the indicator is ~ 3.5V... batteries below 3.4V typically won't even register on the display or fire (to prevent damaging the battery from over-discharge).

By charging them more frequently, and not taking them too low between charges, it prolongs their life-span.  I try to never discharge a battery below 3.5V (if I can help it).

I do the same as Earthling and go to around 40 - 50% and then charge, mostly at around the 40% mark. Speaking of... There are three IPV minis that need to have the batteries swapped out today.  :)

I just checked the Voltage of a battery I pulled from my Cloupor mini... indicator had just dropped to 30%, and the battery reads exactly, 3.700V

So, that tells me that the chip-sets in these devices won't allow you to over-discharge...   I know I've taken one of my IPV's to the point it would not fire at all, and the battery was still above 3.5V.  I still try to swap them when the indicator starts dipping below the half-way point, but I guess I won't stress as much if I take them lower... 

It's not like a Mech-mod...  I was always paranoid about over-discharging a battery when using my mechs, and was frequently checking Voltage.  I swapped them when they hit below 3.8V (and their performance really dropped off below that, too).

For those who use regulated box mods with battery indicator:  How low do you go with with the battery indicator before swapping them out for fresh ones. Currently i have not gone below 50%.  I dont this for a specific reason, but perhaps safety and not to over drain the batteries.  

I am a rebel...  I run them until it quits in my ipv mini 2, well until it gets to where it cuts off while trying to fire @ 30 watts.

I may be ruining my batteries, but they all work as good as new.

Jason, next time it "quits", pull the battery and check the Voltage... I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to find it will read ~ 3.5V.  To do any damage to these batteries, you'd have to consistently run them down to 3.2V or lower?

Jason, next time it "quits", pull the battery and check the Voltage... I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to find it will read ~ 3.5V.  To do any damage to these batteries, you'd have to consistently run them down to 3.2V or lower?

I will try that.  I have one getting close now.

Great batteries are dirt cheap these days.  Use them, abuse them, replace them.  In my old 'Evercool', a stacked mod, I'd often drag one cell down to ~2.2V.

Codling batteries in hopes of getting a few more cycles out of them is not for me.

I agree totally!

When the indicator goes red on my VTR, the battery shows 3.5V, sometimes 3.4V when I take it out and put it in the LucV4 charger. I can tell the difference in the hit before I check the indicator running 1.6ohm coils at 8.5 watts. Haven't checked the batt with a meter before charging.