good article from UK.. 4-21-15

HOOKER

This is the #1 best piece of evidence against Big Tobacco's push to have ONLY cig-a-likes as the legal choice for consumers.

The second study, published in Nicotine and Tobacco Research, found that people trying to quit smoking were more successful if they used a refillable tank model of e-cigarette, which allows the user to vary the nicotine content and flavours in the liquid it contains. Only 25% of the 587 e-cigarette users had tank models which they used daily, but of these, 28% had given up tobacco smoking after a year compared with 13% of smokers who did not use e-cigarettes. The numbers who gave up while using cigalikes, or using tank models on an occasional basis, were similar to those who did not use e-cigarettes at all.

Only 5% of people using cigalikes infrequently had quit smoking after a year, which the researchers say is concerning given that most of the cigalike brands are manufactured by the tobacco industry.

I've been saying this for a year... all evidence shows cig-a-likes (and infrequent use of any e-cig) do NOT provide enough support for quitting smoking.  I also appreciate the article pushing for higher Nicotine levels as the best way to quit, although they didn't go into depth as to why this works.. but we vapers who have quit smoking know the reason is to help push through the dependence on the other 4000-7000 addictive additives found in cigarettes!

Edited by Earthling789

Lately, I've seen more articles that actually report the things we vapers all know instead of the hue and cry from big tobacco and pharma. Good to see yet one more. We may be able to get the real facts out yet.  :)