Interesting, yet positive observations

In the 6 weeks I've been vaping, I've noticed a lot of people...vapers and non-vapers...have stopped me to ask or talk about vaping. From what I'm using, (battery, tank, juice flavor, PG/VG blend, nic level, etc) to whether or not it is working for me to simple "good job" comments. I don't know why, but this has surprised me. Perhaps it comes from living in "health conscious" Southern California, where it often seems sneezing into 28 layers of tissue while wearing a hazmat suit is considered unhealthy and taboo.

My encounters thus far have been nothing less than positive, including those encounters with non-vapers. Fellow vapers will frequently stop me so we can compare setups. Just today, in fact, on a trip to the hardware store, I had a guy and his wife stop me and want to chat about vaping because one of them noticed the top of my tank and drip tip sticking above the top of my back pocket. As it happened, each of them also recognized me from seeing me in one of the two B&M's I frequent in town.

Likewise, non-vapers have stopped me, either to commend for getting off analogs or to ask me how it's working out, whether it's because they want to quit analogs themselves or it's because they are trying to encourage someone they know to quit.

It was partially through my own pre-vape encounters with other vapers that encouraged me to finally take the step. I'm hoping my small amount of experience and what I have learned (both on my own and here from the VT community) will encourage at least one of these people to give up the analogs.

And I sincerely hope the positive reactions I have encountered thus far are a positive sign for California and the rest of the nation.

That's great that you're getting such positive responses from people you encounter. Just recently a co-worker asked me about vaping and e-cigs. She's now 20+ days off cigarettes and has gotten her husband to join her in vaping. It's a gift that keeps on giving. Keep it up!  :)

Here in the UK vaping is getting bigger by the minute in the last 4 months in our town we have gone from zero ecig shops to 5 and the supermarkets have started with them as well. I get asked regularly about it when people see me using my gear and they want to know sometimes in great detail about different tanks and mods. I enjoy talking to people about the experiences of vaping and tell them not to go over the top buying expensive gear at first. My advice is to tell them to get a basic ego kit and start from there and it wont cost them more than 5 packs of cigarettes - and you still have the gear after the cigs would have been 'consumed'. It is one of the best things I have ever done and the money saved is unbelievable and my health is much better as well. Four of my friends have stopped smoking in the last month and we are 'working' on another two just now. This forum is really good for help and information and has helped me a great deal and I thank everyone on it for the time and patience they have shown.

Really surprises me in California but very positive nonetheless! Where I live it's pretty much all positive feedback even businesses are supportive for the most part. More places than not that I frequent allow vaping although most are non smoking.

This is really a good sign.  I somehow thought you needed a note from your psychopharmacologist to say something positive to someone else in America, but then I've been gone for a long time.  JK!  By far the most common reaction I've got in Malaysia is dis interest unless someone complains that, " That man is smoking!".  At which point I save the waiter, server, worker trouble and just say, "Don't worry, I'll put it away".  The next time I go to the same place, just stealth vape in the lav.  I do wonder though if the other customers think I'm on diuretics.  :)