About To Purchase My First E-Cig...

Theaxiom

Hello, I am obviously new here and I would like to start by saying I am going to purchase my first e-cigarette today. I have my eye on blu cigs, I am going to purchase two starter kits for both my wife and I. I have done extensive research and googling about e-cigarettes and have come to the conclusion they are not a scam, they work, and that the best bang for the buck to get started would be the blu cigs. Please correct me if I am wrong, as soon as I get a check today I am going straight to the bank, depositing it, then going home and ordering my starter kits. I am completely ecstatic and definitely can not wait to get them in the mail. Nobody around where I live has e-cigarettes, and I have never talked to or met anyone who has ever vaped before, so it is absolutely groundbreaking for me. I have been looking at them for over a year now, and I finally feel like I am ready to take the plunge and never look back. Any input would be greatly appreciated for me as a newbie, I don't want to make a mistake and start out with bad/wrong e-cigs. I know everyone has their taste/preference, however at this time I am very limited on my budget, and have to get an e-cig for both my wife and I as we spend most of each day separated from each other, so I definitely need to purchase two, and have enough cartridges/atomizers/batteries to last me about a month to get started. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to forum Theaxiom. Glad to hear you want to start vaping. I've never used Blu so can't give you a personal opinion on it, but please read through some of the posts on here. I don't think there is even one person would recommend them. I'm sure other people will start popping up on here to tell you all about it.

Hi Axiom,

I think the Blu is a good e-cig to start with.

BUT -I do not think it will be the way to go as they are still 4 to 6 weeks out on delivery. Thats right, I s4 to 6 weeks.

A long time to spend your hard earned money and when you would get them.

I believe you would be better off to go to one of the suppliers on this Forum and ask Questions First.

Try Arno, I know him and he will let you know the best way to go and his prices are good. His web site is www.awesomevapor.com.

He is honest and fair, or you can try www.wordup-ecig.com and talk to Jeff, same for him, honest and fair prices.

I don't want you to spend $ and have to wait. I am NOT knocking Blu, Just the time between the $ spent and when you get them might not give you the proper idea of vaping.

By the way, Hi and welcome to the VT Forum!

So, b4 you buy from Blu, check these two out.

I've actually hard many bad things about the Blu product line. In fact a quick search on the forum will show that. I think your much better of going with a 510 kit.

Here is a list of suppliers that might help get you started http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?app=custompages&do=show&pageId=10

Welcome to the forum :D

Out of the several different ecigs I started with, I like my 510 the best. I haven't ordered anything from cignot.com (as a matter of fact I don't think I've ever heard of them), but if Stubear has, I'd trust that. And him.

buying your first kit is a hard decision. review the list christopher posted. keep in mind cheaper is not always better. we have all started with the kits and added as we went. don't forget at least 1 or 2 extra batteries and atomizers and some extra liquid--don't rely on the carts alone.

if you have more questions--keep asking.

BTW--Welcome to the vaping world

buying your first kit is a hard decision. review the list christopher posted. keep in mind cheaper is not always better. we have all started with the kits and added as we went. don't forget at least 1 or 2 extra batteries and atomizers and some extra liquid--don't rely on the carts alone.

if you have more questions--keep asking.

BTW--Welcome to the vaping world

Great advice... especially on having some spare atomizers. Trust me on this one, your atty will die when you least expect it. I had one die on an out of town business trip once and ended up going back to analog cigs for over a month because I did not have a spare with me. The 510 is a highly regarded and favorite starter e-cig on this forum, so I think you made the right choice. Good Luck!

Out of the several different ecigs I started with, I like my 510 the best. I haven't ordered anything from cignot.com (as a matter of fact I don't think I've ever heard of them), but if Stubear has, I'd trust that. And him.

My first 510 from cignot as well. No probs. Funny as I then went to the Janty Stick, but back to the 510. Next up - Spade...510 with a mega mega battery...

My first starter kit wasn't through Cignot, but you bet my last 5 starter kits I've purchased have been through them. Their pricing on the 510 starter kits can't be beat, and while I hate to take away from any vendor here, with service and price you won't go wrong with a 510 starter kit from Cignot.

Welcome to the forum Theaxiom!

I've seen many bad things said about the blu ecig, I almost bought one from Volcano ecigs in Hawaii but decided to use ecigexpress.com, they have free shipping on all starter kits. Also, rockymountainvapor.com has really great prices on all of their products and has free shipping over $14. My favorite e-juice is the Tennessee Cured from johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com. There is so much information on these forums you'll be a pro in no time. Welcome to the forums and hope to see you around.

Hello and welcome! When I first started looking into ecig I was quite unsure of what to do until I found this forum. Found everything I needed to know right here (and then some), and everyone was very helpful and supportive. I ended up getting the Joye 510 and I'm very happy with it. Been vaping for a week and smoke free for 3 days. I love this thing and for the 1st time in 20 years don't think I'll every smoke another cigarette (or "analog" as they're called here). The only problem is the battery life. When I got ordered mine I also go the UBS pass through since I spend a lot of time at my computer. If you're on the go a lot you may want the mega battery, other wise just make sure you're always able to have one on charge. Seriously, I'm only getting about 1-2 hours on the regular batteries.

Welcome Theaxiom!

I think you've made a wise choice about where to begin. I too was lured in by Blucigs (they do have some nice marketing and design), but after reading and watching a LOT of videos I went with the 510 starter kit as well (then promptly bought 2 mods before it even arrived), although from a different supplier.

All I will say is that once you get your kit, give it a little time. It took me a little bit to get used to the difference between vaping and smoking. But once I did, it turns out it's more enjoyable to me than smoking analogs ever was. But there's definitely a 'breaking in' period -- for the unit and for the user.

And the folks on these forums are some of the friendliest and most helpful around. They will answer just about any question you can think of--and probably some you can't ;p

All I will say is that once you get your kit, give it a little time. It took me a little bit to get used to the difference between vaping and smoking. But once I did, it turns out it's more enjoyable to me than smoking analogs ever was. But there's definitely a 'breaking in' period -- for the unit and for the user.

Well said. Although I enjoyed vaping right away, the first 3 days were frustrating because I had a bad atty. Once I tried another atty my world changed. If you have problems don't get discouraged... help is just a click away.

I was also wondering if anyone has thought about the possibility of creating THC-e-juice. I don't smoke weed, and I never will, but my wife does. Is this even a possibility? Where would I get it from?

Dude!

10. NO DRUG TALK. Other than nicotine, drug talk is strictly prohibited. There are plenty of other forums out there that involve the discussion of illegal drugs. We don't want to bring a bad name to the electronic cigarette community.

Sorry if I've misunderstood your question.

@Chris - sorry if I over-stepped.

Edited by Brian

Welcome Theaxiom to the VTF... I'm so glad you found it as the info really saved you. I started with a blu and was sorely disappointed. I will say however that they did return my money when I sent it back after more than 30 days. The real mistake I made was not coming here first ! These folks are very helpful and really know their stuff. The 510 sounds like the definitive starter. I think it will get you going. Be sure to get some spare attys and juice !