Advise needed Eleaf 30w and Protank3 2.2 ohm coil

Ok, Advice needed.......I have this setup but I have been having issues with the juice tasting burnt anywhere past 8w. that is getting about 2.3ohms 4.2v. Anyway, WTH? I am wanting to buy the eLeaf50 with the Kanger Subtank but if I am having issues with the current set up I need toknow what I am doing wrong. Juice taste like SH**. Help would be much appreciated!

Valita

Edited by vmshaw

I had the same issue with both of my iStick 20W... even at the lowest Wattage settings and 2.0 Ohm coils, everything tasted burnt, but I could put that same tank on my Cloupor mini @ 12W, and the taste was fantastic.

How long have you had that 30W iStick?  If not very long, I would consider exchanging it for another at the store (or wherever you bought it) because it may be defective?  From what I've understood, the 20W models were the only ones prone to this issue, and the 30W and 50W models perform much better.

I had the same issue with both of my iStick 20W... even at the lowest Wattage settings and 2.0 Ohm coils, everything tasted burnt, but I could put that same tank on my Cloupor mini @ 12W, and the taste was fantastic.

How long have you had that 30W iStick?  If not very long, I would consider exchanging it for another at the store (or wherever you bought it) because it may be defective?  From what I've understood, the 20W models were the only ones prone to this issue, and the 30W and 50W models perform much better.

I have had it too long to return it. So I has nothing to do with the coil?

Well, it could... some coils just go bad within a tank or two.  I assumed you had tried a fresh coil, fresh juice, and cleaned the tank, but that is what I get for making assumptions, lol.

Dump the juice, clean the tank, and use a fresh coil... this will eliminate any issues with residual burnt juice.  If a clean tank and fresh coil solves the issue, then you're golden.  If it doesn't, then the iStick may be the cause (producing more power than indicated on the screen, like the 20W models do).  The iSticks are warranted for a year by Eleaf, IIRC, so if it is defective, Eleaf should repair/replace it, but you'll have to ship it to them.

From personal experience I wouldn't advise a Subtank on any eLeaf unless your total vape time is less than an hour a day.  Subtanks come with two OCC heads, 0.5 and 1.2 Ohm.  The 1.2 coil will get you to 4.2 volts at 14.x watts which will last longer than the wattage needed to power the 0.5 head at the same voltage.  

With that being said, the problem with the eLeaf its battery just doesn't last.  I have a friend that purchased a Sub Mini with the E-50, nothing but complaints about battery life.  I got her into an IPV mini and her battery life has doubled.  30 watts is all you'll need for a Subtank, anything over that and you'll scorch the heads.

Just my 2 cents

Kind of confused Mplough, how can a single 18650 have a higher mAh rating than 2 in parallel?

The iStick 50w has 2-18650's at 2200mAh each in parallel which would rate the total to 4400mAh.

I can get 2.5 days at 12w running a 1.4 ohm coil.

The largest single I have seen, because I own one, is a purple Efest 18650 3100 mAh 20A.

I got the black and hot pink. Then, I bought two different purple wraps to cover them with because the original is a little to slick in the hand for my comfort. I can just imagine me dropping these things.

If I get into a spending mood, you'll be the first to know, George.  :lol:

Oops, sorry I'm thinking of the eLeaf 30W.  These damn companies come out with a new toy every week.  Disregard my statement, except that you will scorch a Subtank head over 30 watts.

Keep up, Mplough!  :lol:

That's what keeps this hobby so interesting, though.  :D

That's what keeps this hobby so interesting, though.  :D

Interesting?  I was thinking expensive.  I bought a Subtank, like it so much I bought 2 more.  Then a week later the mini comes out with better airflow....NOW the Subtank has a version 2 that's even better!  :geek:

It's all good Mplough.

Thanks for thinking of me Tam. :evil:

I just ordered 2 Subtank mini's one for me and one for the fiancé. She has been having bad luck with the full size Nautilus I gave her when I started using my Kayfun v4 and lite+. I think that one is one I had dropped more than once.

Edited by GeorgeF