Warning Warning Warning -- Phising Site

CNubel

There is a Chinese website asking for votes under the name of vapyawards.com/ . Don’t go to this site or vote for. This is actually coming from a site called .e-cigarette-china.com/ . They are phishing for email addresses and sites they can spam. Stay away from this site and don’t post there or give your email address.

ADMIN NOTE: Links made none clickable to avoid accidental clicks by users.

There is a Chinese website asking for votes under the name of vapyawards.com/ . Don’t go to this site or vote for. This is actually coming from a site called .e-cigarette-china.com/ . They are phishing for email addresses and sites they can spam. Stay away from this site and don’t post there or give your email address.

ADMIN NOTE: Links made none clickable to avoid accidental clicks by users.

I was proud of the e-cig community on this issue. Within minutes of this being discovered, videos were up on youtube warning people and posts were made in all the forums. It kinda brought everyone together.

Very nice setup Chris.

Cn, TY for the warning as I had this in view and was about to do a warning.LOL I got beat to it..

But, yes, not only a phishing to lead to another web site but my antivirus detected a worm too. Hmmm, trying to get addy's from my email huh?

Well BANG!

Your dead worm! LOL

Wow!! What a set up. I just won't let my husband see that pic though, cause he'll want something like that, too. But I feel even safer now, knowing how well we're being protected. Just gives a person a warm and fuzzy feeling, huh? Good work guys!!!

Your Welcome and props to everyone for staying on top of this.

Eyes are watching...

seans_studio.jpg

:lol: Yea right

A little off topic here but I'd rock some serious flight simulators on that rig! Once you go multi-display you can never go back.

Wow!! What a set up. I just won't let my husband see that pic though, cause he'll want something like that, too....

Just the opposite here. My husband freaked out when he saw me running two laptops at once. He barely uses his one pc.

Me, I think that I was born with a USB port in the back of my head.

Up we actually blocked their IP from the forum. About 2 days ago they where fishing the forum for email addresses. Don't worry though our protection system picked up on it very fast and all is well in Vapor Talk Land :) BLOCKED! muah ha ha ha ha

Thats interesting to know. The guy who runs the site is claiming ingnorance and that he's just a regular guy. More info is needed

i have heard a LOT of conflicting stories about this site , from what i can tell it's legit. They have added a privacy policy to the site http://www.vapyawards.com/privacy.php

and i have a PM in with the owner of the site and am awaiting a response.

::EDIT::

Some info from a fellow (trusted) vaper friend

(Idea of Website, User Input)LOCKED

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/51077-2009-vapy-awards.html

(Post to show Website is active)(More recent Rebuttals)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/53427-2009-vapy-award-nominations.html

(Attacks)LOCKED

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/53611-warning-warning-warning-phising-site.html

Those three threads pretty much explain it all...BUT who wants to read through 169 post...

Basicly Back in November Pete54 thought up the idea of having a sort of best of the best awards website setup to showcase who gives the best service and other such crap...a few dozen other ECF users agreed and gave their input on questions that they'd like to see in the running...VoidNIL Registered the domain around 11/24 around 12/6 the website was setup and running

Then the Nu-vapor crew got involved(Un-named person) Asked "Does anyone know anything about this site Vapyawards.com? its asking alot of questions?" (Unnamed person) researched the site and said it is in some way linked to a e-cig-china site Nu-vapor Video chat EXPLODED! dozens of videos made in a matter of minutes, almost ANY forum related to pv's Spammed like Crazy with Videos and Posts proclaiming the Evil of this website...

Of course now we know that by just looking at previous ECF post(3 minutes of research) and the hosting company(1to1 i think?) that this is not some evil conspiracy by China to steal our thoughts from our heads...but an effort by American PV users to show how much we support and love our own community....

But if you want more info...You can read those threads

Edited by GrimmGreen

Please retract my message about the IP address. After an email the IP addresses on file did not match up with the website. (Although it still was a dataminor it was not coming from Vapy awards)

I'm going to lock this thread so as not to spread anymore worry about the site.