DSE 901-style flat mouthpieces?

Hi everyone, long time no see!

For a long time I've been using nothing but ego pass-through batteries and standard or low-res 510 attys. Back in the day when egos first came out I hated their awful, grating and bulky mouthpieces (and attys). And the standard, round 510 mouthpieces are bulky and not to my liking either. The best replacement I found was the DSE 901 flat mouthpiece, which is significantly flatter and more comfortable than either of the above kinds, and any I've bothered to try since. The subtle, rounded but low-profile lip at the end of this mouthpiece also contributes to its comfort.

At one point I bought a whole bunch of these mouthpieces with empty cartridges just to have the mouthpieces. At this point however, years later, I'm starting to run out, and I can't find them for sale anywhere. I'm guessing the DSE 901 style has died out entirely. To be honest, I don't even recognize the vaping equipment scene anymore, what with all the fancy mods and micro-manage-y build-your-own whoseits and whatsits.

Anyway, does anyone know if I can find these mouthpieces anywhere still, or if there is a similar, if not identical, replacement, that fits a 510 atty? I would be truly grateful for any info leading me to this end. The attached pic shows the standard 510 round mouthpiece on the left and the DSE 901 flat mouthpiece that I'm seeking on the right, with a 510 atty in the back.

mouthieces3.jpg

P.S. Any general advice on modern, reliable, tried and true equipment, that rivals or surpasses my solid 510+ego battery setup would also be appreciated, as browsing the popular vendors these days almost makes me feel as if I've emerged from under a rock.

Thanks,

== Matt

Comp to the rescue! :animier:

Who would've thought Wolfwood would need it?  :lol:

Now, let me introduce you to the Lamborghinis of atomizers somewhat similar to what you pictured above: http://www.avidvaper.com/hh-357-cisco-spec-hybrid-atomizers/

Yes, they're more expensive than others, but they are also known to last close to a year or more depending on the juice you use. If you're like me and insist on vaping dark, overly sweet juices, the HH.357 won't last too long. Use lighter colored, normally sweet juices and they could last more than a year with careful maintenance. So far, I've not been able to find even an RDA with rebuildable coils that can rival the flavor and vapor I get out of these things. Watch the video for a little more instruction, these have a little bit of a learning curve even for experienced direct drippers.

Welcome back.  :)

ETA: And we have some most excellent members who are very good at helping others spend money. Yours truly included.

As for a battery to upgrade your eGo pass throughs (these are what I started vaping with and still love), I'd suggest an Eleaf iStick 50W if you're into box mods. It's a variable voltage/variable wattage battery at 4400 mAh. You only have to charge this sucker once every few days depending on your vaping style. It's plug and play and an upgrade on the pass through.

If you want a dependable box mod, the IPV mini and IPV mini 2 are great and dependable. These use external batteries so you'll need to buy those and a good charger if you don't already have some.

Others will be along shortly to tempt you with other goodies.  :)

Edited by Tam
Needed to add more temptation so we can spend his money. :)

Cool cool, thanks Comp!

Thanks for the infos Tam. I'll have to check out the HH.357 for my upcoming restock purchase.

I nearly always mix my own unflavored liquid. Partially because it's just simpler, and partly because flavors always end up gumming up my attys quicker. In my common, heavy usage, my Joyetech LR 510 attys usually last me a month and a half, give or take, before I get tired of dealing with the performance loss and pitch them.

I can really appreciate the attention to detail and enthusiasm and knowledge/experience this guy(s) bring to the product, and the custom, specifically manufactured variations available. Particularly, the fact that they offer precise resistances and even take into account liquid thickness (although I can't really comprehend what they would do different other than tweak resistance to compensate). It would certainly more fulfilling than buying mass produced China stock, although seems overly particular maybe, heh.

Personally I'm not real keen on the box style batteries. I tend to always keep my ecig in my shirt pocket, along with liquid bottle, so the eGo is a good size for that, without being too bulky. And any failures don't ruin my day as I can comfortably keep a spare or two in a pocket, along with all my other daily gear. I've made kind of a system over the past couple years or so. I'll buy ~6 batteries of different colors, and use them in rainbow order, so that they each get used about equally. This has worked well for about 3 full rounds now, spanning 1.5 - 2 years. This round is about done though, heh. I certainly put my equipment through its paces, but also keep it in good shape. I tend to have to force myself to quit eeking out the last drops of usefulness in batteries and attys, and just go for a whole new set. Even so I still throw almost everything in a "used" box, cuz, you know, what if I neeeeeed it!?! It's kind of sad at this point :|

Edited by mmseng

If you like the pen style batteries, my go-to are the Vision Spinner 1300 mAh. They're a little thicker than a 900 mAh, variable voltage (you need to be able to get 4.3V for the 2.0 ohm HH.357). I wouldn't recommend the Vision Spinner II (1600 mAh), because there's a glitch in recharging. The 1300 mAh are great workhorses and extremely dependable.

If you order the custom HH.357 like I do, I order it 100% PG. It's easier to get the PG out and the break in period is next to nothing. With some VG in the mix, it's thicker and you have to vape through it longer. Just my two cents.  :)