50/50 nic base

Ok.I'm looking to start DIY'ing juices now. I've seen straight pg, straight VG and 50/50 nic base. If I wanted 50/50 with 16 mg nicotine could I just buy 50/50 nic base 16 mg and add flavoring?

Edited by gag8tor

Adding anything to the Nicotine base will reduce the Nicotine % (water it down, so to speak).

I buy my Nicotine 100mg concentrations (in VG), and cut that with 100% VG to lower levels for making juice.

Take great care in working with 100mg Nicotine base, and cut it to something a bit safer to handle... say 30-36mg? Wear Nitrile gloves, protect your eyes and eliminate as much exposed skin as possible... Safety First!

If you're not comfortable working with high concentrations, I would suggest buying your Nicotine solution higher than you expect your mixes to be. If you're planning to mix 12mg juices, purchase 24mg or 30mg solutions in 100% VG for simplicity and greater choices in your ratios. You can always add PG, and most flavorings are PG-based, so it is easier to mix 50/50 ratios... or at least I find it easier.

Plus, if you are buying your Nicotine in 24mg, you can easily mix a batch of 18mg, several batches of 12mg, and a LOT of 3mg juces :)... if you are buying 12mg base, you can't mix anything higher than 12mg, and you'll go through it much faster (costing you more in the long-run).

Thanks for the info guys. I'll probably get 36 mg base to start. I've never vaped above 18 so that should give me lots of flexibility. I'd probably never use 100 unless I was making huge batches.

Edited by gag8tor

36mg is a good base to start with... and relatively safer, too... if you drip a drop onto your skin, it won't be nearly as bad as 100mg :) 100ml of 36mg will be like getting 300ml of 12mg, so you're also saving $ in the long-run by buying a higher concentration...

I still recommend getting it in pure VG solution... I've tried it in pure PG, and it added a really harsh taste to my juices.... but that is my opinion, too...

I must agree with Earthing, go with 100%vg nic base! Besides the harshness of the PG base when Nic is put into PG it turns dark brown (Oxidizes) very quickly. If you try to do any High VG mix you want VG base too. I have 100% pg nic but I do not use it very often. I will with a dark colored juice or if someone wants more TH out of a juice.

The batches I've bought were in plastic, so I don't see a problem with plastic or glass. As long as you keep it in a cool, dark place, it should be fine either way.

Comp may weigh in on glass vs plastic since he's been doing this FAR longer than I have :)

Get in a Dark brown container Glass or plastic makes no differance. I get mine from Wizard Labs. There are cheaper places out there but I trust Wizard Labs. Every bottle I have got from them tests spot on for the Nic percentage. They also use high quality VG.

Wonder if that's why a couple of juices that I've used almost instantly turned dark upon vaping?

More than likely yes, that would be the cause. I don't food color to any of my mixes. If I make say Watermelon with a PG nic base it will turn brown.... Ewwww. LOL Who wants brown watermelon. LOL

Example: Comp. You advise people where to buy DIY supplies even though you sell supplies yourself. If you even try to mention another vendor that's not a "forum supplier" over there you could get banned. The only thing that keeps me going over there are a handful of people who are knowledge and extremely helpful. Wish I could convert some of those guys over here to the dark side.

Example: Comp. You advise people where to buy DIY supplies even though you sell supplies yourself. If you even try to mention another vendor that's not a "forum supplier" over there you could get banned. The only thing that keeps me going over there are a handful of people who are knowledge and extremely helpful. Wish I could convert some of those guys over here to the dark side.

What I sell is geared more to get you started and see if you want to DIY juice by selling small quantities. Wizard Labs is more for the DIYer that makes all thier own juice full time. My main goal is to sell premade juice. There really is no profit for me to sell DIY stuff, I just want people to get quality ingrediants and get started on the right foot and do it safely.