Harsh

LeeC22

I got my evod from Apollo on Wednesday and all was good until I filled with the RY4 that I opted to get with the package. It was very harsh making me cough like it was a hookah. LOL ... So I take it to the local B&M for help. After some testing he has me on this 70-30 mix with 8mg nic. It keeps me from gagin but I am concerned that the nic level is to low for a pack a day guy. Also the only flavor I can stand so far is Lone Star by Longhorn. Very dissapointed after spending $60 on liquid!

Would a better unit take the harsh out or do I just need to adjust to vapor?

Is the PG-VG ratio really helping take the harsh out as my local guy is saying.

Im A Marlboro Red Guy, Seems like the vape should be weak but not here.

Both clearo and nautilis tanks same result.

The harshness is both the PG and Nicotine. Any liquid with 70PG is going have a strong throat hit and burn your nose if you are exhaling through your nose. If you want less of this with a higher Nicotine, go with a 40pg/60vg and raise your nicotine back up. If the juice is made with Nic in a PG base it will be a stronger TH even with a higher VG.

I would have to say that I don't. I have not ever tried it so I can't say more than that I don't have any bourbon flavorings. Are you coming off Cigarettes, Cigars, Hooka..? You may like some of my Spiced flavors. Spiced Apple or Mellow Spice. They are a more hearty vape. If your looking for a tobacco type I could add a little bit of tobacco flavoring to any flavor. I think the tobacco works best with the spice vapes.

What kind of flavors have you tried in the past?

I would have to say that I don't. I have not ever tried it so I can't say more than that I don't have any bourbon flavorings. Are you coming off Cigarettes, Cigars, Hooka..? You may like some of my Spiced flavors. Spiced Apple or Mellow Spice. They are a more hearty vape. If your looking for a tobacco type I could add a little bit of tobacco flavoring to any flavor. I think the tobacco works best with the spice vapes.

What kind of flavors have you tried in the past?

Cig's.. I havent seen a hookah in a lotta years LOL

I have only tried RY4, endless summer, sucker punch and Lone Star

Thanks jeanrose770 I have been trying some higher vg juices and lower nic levels. It does help but I'm afraid that the lower nic level will not help me quit the analogs as well as a higher nic juice. I think my lungs are starting to adjust to the vape maybe thats all it is. only had 3 analogs todaythumbup.gif

When I started vaping I used 24 mg of nic with a 50/50 blend, 1.8 ohm coil in a tank that's not around much anymore and a fixed voltage eGo battery (3.7v). That got me off a pack a day Marlboro Light short habit that I'd had for 38 years. In the beginning, since you're coming off of Marlboro Reds, I'd advise going with 24 mg nic. 50PG/50VG is a good middle ground.

These days the equipment is better. Your battery should be fine but I would suggest maybe getting a Kanger Pro Tank or Pro Tank mini with a 1.5 or 1.8 ohm coil. The replacement coils are very reasonable and you can safely use any flavor in the Pyrex tanks without worrying about tank crackers (flavors high in citrus, high in cinnamon, high in mint). :)

Lee, are you sure it's 8mg nic? That is an odd level for most juice companies. Tends to be 0,3,6, 12,18, and 24.... Also, when you say 70/30, do you mean 70 pg or 70vg? Typically the first # is pg, so 70pg/30vg... etc.... Beyond the nic and pg/vg stuff, what is the flavor of the juice you're using? Some flavors have more of a throat hit (harsh) than others?

Yeah I seem to get the order wrong, its supposed to be 70vg/30pg 8mg (according to the guy at my B&M). Its called lonestar by longhorn and so far its the only juice I can stand. Ive tried several 12mg juices @ 50/50 and its awful (Choke). But the guys at the B&M have used my unit and say its weak. WTF.....

I have some juice comming from Fandora I hope I can use it.

Are you doing a direct lung hit when you take a draw from your e-cig (drawing the vapor directly into your lungs), or do you draw it first into your mouth, wait a sec and then inhale? The latter is called "mouth to lung". Try the mouth to lung and see if that helps? I still wonder if it's not your juice. Juice can be all the difference and no one vendor is the same as another. A good, quality liquid will make a huge difference in how it hits. Comp's Fadora Vapor has some of the tastiest juices out there.

Vaping is very subjective and it's a very personal thing. What works well for one person will be the worst thing in the world to another. The same can be said for juice flavors. Don't give up, hang in there. We'll help you dial it in to find what works for you. The journey's half the fun. :)