Samsung INR18650-25R

jasonculp

Samsung INR18650-25R

Is it just my imagination, or are these some long lasting batteries?

I have been running Sony VTC-4 in my Sigelei Mini 30W and in my ipv mini v2. I recently picked up a few Samsungs to try out and it seems like they last quite a bit longer than my Sonys. I only run 20 Watts with a 1.5 ohm coil and the Sonys are dragging pretty bad by the end of the day. I made it all day yesturday, and through lunch today before I had to change it. In fact, it was still showing more charge than my Sonys would at the end of the day, it was just a convenient time to change it.

I bought these off of amazon and they seem to be great, but I see SlowTech is selling a do-it-youself Samsung battery kit censored.gif

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10012801/2155701-18650-battery-sleeve-pvc-heat-shrinkable-tube

I use the Samsung 25r in my Nemesis,Jason.I think they are better than Sony's IMO.I will never buy another Sony again because of how much they are counterfeited and cloned.I think Sony stopped making the VTC batteries if I'm not mistaken.

The 25r's are 2500mAh, and the VTC4's are only 2100mAh, so yes, the Samsung last a bit longer on that alone. But, I will agree, they appear to last longer than just 400mAh worth. My VTC4's hold out a full day in my IPVs, but in a Mech, their power is just too low to run my RTAs more than 8-hrs. The Samsung hold out a day and a half in my IPV and full day in a Mech.

I bought mine on Amazon too... from a reputable supplier. I picked up 4 from the local B&M, and another 4 from Amazon... they all ran ~ $6.59 each. Once my VTC4's are too far gone to continue using them, they'll be replaced with Samsung!

Edited by Earthling789

The 25r's are 2500mAh, and the VTC4's are only 2100mAh, so yes, the Samsung last a bit longer on that alone. But, I will agree, they appear to last longer than just 400mAh worth. My VTC4's hold out a full day in my IPVs, but in a Mech, their power is just too low to run my RTAs more than 8-hrs. The Samsung hold out a day and a half in my IPV and full day in a Mech.

I bought mine on Amazon too... from a reputable supplier. I picked up 4 from the local B&M, and another 4 from Amazon... they all ran ~ $6.59 each. Once my VTC4's are too far gone to continue using them, they'll be replaced with Samsung!

I think I gave about $7/each for the ones I have and I couldn't be happier. I have since seen them a bit cheaper from probably better amazon vendors and good vape sites. I never knew how much better I would like a swappable battery! I keep 2 spares in my backup kit. I am really enjoying this ipv mini and subtank mini setup. (now if I can just learn to build the RBA better than the stock coils) Thanks for the suggestion!

• 3 months later...

Plus....

On a Mech like the Nemesis, you'll run from full-charge (4.2V) down to about half-charge (3.8V or 3.9V), and that is when you'll diminish the power (Wattage) to the point where you'll decide to swap-out the battery. 

On a regulated device, the battery will last much longer because the circuitry will allow you to get the same Wattage until the battery is depleted (cut-offs are usually around 3.4V), so you'll actually get twice the vaping-time out of them that way, and you won't damage the battery either.

I switched to using a regulated device over my mechs for 99.5% of my vaping.  I have four beautiful mechs sitting on my shelf, and three of them haven't been touched in about 6-months.  A regulated device gives me a lot more vaping-time between battery swaps, and consistent Wattage was the biggest plus!

Yes now that I was thinking about it lol I'm spacing off today

I totally understand!

I switched to using a regulated device over my mechs for 99.5% of my vaping.  I have four beautiful mechs sitting on my shelf, and three of them haven't been touched in about 6-months.  A regulated device gives me a lot more vaping-time between battery swaps, and consistent Wattage was the biggest plus!

You are going to have to try the temp control stuff.  I thought it was hype...I was wrong.  (It is my turn to try to get YOU to spend some money...lol)

From what I read the M65 is a really good mod.  The Sub Tank mini is my current go to tank.  I have one with a factory OCC nickel coil and the other with the RDA and a nickel build in it (for temp control).  I am trying to learn to build with nickel on my Lemo 2 but not having a lot of success.

Haven't messed around with nickel at all just started building myself...M65 is alright my only issue was is they have a low power feature that will drop your watts when the battery gets around 40%...or whenever it felt like it...what I did was is took off the piece that holds the battery/also acts as the negative...and sanded down the chromed finish giving me a better connection...seen some guy do it on YouTube...worked great for me.

You are going to have to try the temp control stuff.  I thought it was hype...I was wrong.  (It is my turn to try to get YOU to spend some money...lol)

I may pick up the IPV4, but I'm really looking forward to the IPV D2 as well...

I don't want to discourage you at all!  It is just too big for me.  I have an IPV 3.  I have not had batteries in it since my nephew came home on leave from the army.  He was trying to tell me it would not hit as hard as a mechanical...lol  165 watts and he couldn't hang long...  Removed batteries, cleaned and removed the build from the RDA, both are on the shelf...