need help choosing best battery option

eCloudMaker

I have finally decided to get a removable battery type MOD for desk and backup. I have been recharging AA's and AAA's for several years now. Heck, I even have clam shells to covert to my AAs to C's and D's.

I have no clue about these mod batteries.

Lets start with the easy part.

this is what the device will use:

• Can be powered by 1*18650 or 1*18350 or 2*18350 batteries

is there a better battery choice within these options?

then I have heard mention: Button top, flat top, batteries too fat, and of course exploding batteries

I'm pretty sure I don't want the exploding ones, nuke.gif ----- no clue other than

as for the battery charger - you guys have already helped me there

I have also noticed AMP options for batteries

- can you have too many AMPs? 35 AMPs sounded good to me

thanks

figure I will need at least 35 amps to jump start cars in the winter [snicker] showoff.gif

Edited by eCloudMaker

Thats why I went with the Vamo (single 18650) & Zmax mini (single 18350)

I too was never comfortable stacking batts...

Short round mods is just holster friendlier than a box however I gotta Kato box gonna be here tamorrow in mail but no idea how I&m gonna carry it at werk yet????

For desk-use... I'd recommend the IPV-mini or IPV-mini2. Both use a single 18650 battery. The mini goes to 30W and the mini2 goes to 70W (for powering RDAs). The IPV-mini's are box-style but fit well in your hand... and stand on the desk better than a tube-mod like a Vamo or Provari.

For battery recommendations, I always suggest Samsung 25r and Sony VTC4. Both can handle sub-ohm builds to 0.25 all day long, and for standard tanks and RTA builds above 1.2 Ohms, they'll last all day long before needing swapped-out or recharged. Be aware of many of the batteries claiming 35A, as the 2500mAh purple Efest are the ones usually listed with that rating, and there are sooo many clones and re-wraps of them, I personally don't trust them to truly deliver that rating! Also, many of the off-brand and Chinese made batteries hyper-inflate their ratings in mAh and Amps.

If you want an un-regulated device, the skies the limit for tube-style mech-mods, and Hooker mentioned the Kato, which looks like a VTR, but is mechanical. The Slug-mod is also a box-ish mechanical with a cool firing design, but they are usually more expensive than an IPV-mini2, lol

For those mods that say 18350/18500/18650, they are just saying you can use the different height batteries in them, and adjust the tube to accommodate for a shorter or taller device. Smaller 18350 batteries make for a stealthy device, but also don't have as much power (don't last long), compared to the larger, 18650 batteries.

wow thanks guys - pretty sure you saved me some money and grief

I wanted to go mini or mini2, but still hurting from the initial start-up -- used up more 3 times my monthly 'smoke budget'

.... and I will need to buy a charger this round and batteries

MOD would make life more productive and insure a bit more withdraw safety. So big cloud has to bring home a device for around $30

[note to self] always listen and respect advice about battery safety from a lady..... colored purple and her hair is still smoking

I'm thinking there is going to be more kewl stuff coming out in the spring - right Danny?

Edited by eCloudMaker

hey gang - what about amps?

oops .. read thread too fast - Earthling addressed it and thank you sir

[side note] been recharging AA's for years - have bought good batteries and really bad batteries along the way.

Sony makes a solid and dependable battery

Edited by eCloudMaker

hooker? ... are you holding together your stereo with duck tape?

just teasing ..... in this house a 'duct taped item' has more value than new - I tell everyone it has more character now

... and I have actual proof ----- that I do my part to save the planet and recycle items

Yeah, it's easy to drop big money on vape gear on the initial start-up and initial "intermediate" gear, but the nice thing about buying quality gear and good batteries is that you won't have to replace them for a year or two (or more).... you'll only ADD to them :)

You're welcome for the info... glad I can help !

Oh, and the mini2 is a nice unit, but if you aren't intent on dripping, save yourself $15-20 and buy the original mini (~$50). Other than using my RDA, I have no use of going over 20W on any of my tanks or RTAs.

[idea] If I get two Vamo's .... all I will need is a foot long piece of chain and duct tape

.... numb chucks rambo.gif

WAIT!

the VAMO 9 has belt clips to hook the chains (and flashlight option too)

still can't find a model with 'jumper cables'

Edited by eCloudMaker

thanks but nope - I'm not a kid anymore ---- I need to start thinking self defense --- don't run that fast either

I'd get the 410 derringer model... but you guys know where that would lead to (with me) ...... not pretty

we're not sure where his head went ... one minute he was vaping and then suddenly 'bang'

Edited by eCloudMaker

If you want a self-defense item, get the VTR. It's heavy and solidly made. And did I mention it was heavy??? :lol:

Spend a couple extra dollars when you can and go for the IPV mini or mini2. Both are solid performers and should last you quite some time and will grow with you when you're ready so you don't have to buy a new device...unless you want to. :)

101Vape.com has the VTR on clearance for $55.

Could it be that Innokin is stopping production, and perhaps coming out with an updated VTR or something new?

Still, I can't push the IPV-mini's hard enough... but if you wanted a VTR (as a self-defense weapon, lol), $55 is a bargain :)

Edited by Earthling789

101Vape.com has the VTR on clearance for $55.

Could it be that Innokin is stopping production, and perhaps coming out with an updated VTR or something new?

Still, I can't push the IPV-mini's hard enough... but if you wanted a VTR (as a self-defense weapon, lol), $55 is a bargain :)

And I thought I got a good deal on mine. That is a very good bargain. Very happy with mine though.

I can't remember what site it was but one of them out there did say they were discontinued. It will be my luck that they update them in the next couple of weeks.

Oh well, I'm very happy with mine and the price I paid. I also really don't see myself going over 15 watts with oem coils.