Newbish ready for an upgrade?

AysoVape

Hey y'all, AysoVape here, I've been vaping for about 6 months now. My setup is the following:

Itazte vv 3.0 with an Aspire Nautilus Mini. I usually go 11 Power and 5 Watts (Settings on max). Recently, my glass tube on my tank broke, and I started smoking cigarettes again because of it "NOOOOO! THROW THEM AWAY!" and decided I really hate cigarettes and that vapors are actually quite addicting because of how fun they are to use and how easily accessible they are compared to cigarettes.

So I jerry rigged my Vape to work by cutting a marker tube and it fit perfectly onto the top and bottom and held in the juice nicely. Then problem #2 arrived. When I would try to take a hit, it would sound like it's severely flooded and i'd get some juice in my mouth. So then I'd blow out and there would be huge globs of juice coming out of the air hole. So I don't know if that's because of the marker tube or because it's just wearing thin.

Anyway, this has provided me an excuse to get a new vapor, I saw someone suggest an iPV Mini 2 70W and I checked it out. It is actually cheaper than my vape (I paid close to 110 for it in Arizona at a shop. Now I feel like I got ripped off.) and it looks amazing and has tons of great reviews wherever I read them.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/iPV-Mini-2-70W-MOD-Pioneer4you-p/p4u-ipv70sl.htm

However. I'm scared to get a vapor that you have to make your own coils and tie in cotton. I've seen others do it, but never learned how myself, would it be easy for a newbie to jump into something like this and not fry their light socket or self? Or even burn down their house?

How much more money would it be, other than just buying the Ejuice and BVC coils, to maitenance the iPV 70W?

And which battery / tank (on the right) should I pair up with this monster if I decide to get it? I have many chargers that fit into the vape, so, I think I'm good on that unless you guys suggest one.

Thank you for your help, Vapors! I'm hoping to upgrade to something a little stronger, pulls harder, and more reliable / durable.

Edited by AysoVape

First of all, Welcome to VT!

I won't even begin to address the marker tube, lol biggrin.png

You can get a new glass or stainless-steel tube for your Nautilus mini for $5-8 online... best to do that and keep using it! Also, it would be advisable to pick up another tank or two... backups and spares keep you from going back to analogs or being without your vape-rig for days at a time, until you can get to the store or your online order arrives. ;)

The IPV-mini2 is 70W, yes, but just because it GOES to 70W doesn't mean you'd use it that high. The Wattage you use is dependent on the juice and the tank (or other device) you're using. For a Nautilus mini on that box-mod... I'd suggest somewhere between 9 and 18W (again, depending on the resistance of the coil and juice you're using).

Basically think of it this way... just because your car's speedo goes to 140, doesn't mean every time you tear out of the driveway you have to immediately DO 140!! Vaping is much the same way.

Also, the IPV-mini2 (as do all the IPV's) takes a rechargeable 18650 battery, so you'd need to pick up 2 or more of those (Samsung 25r, Sony VTC4, or similar dependable name-brands), and a good charger. You can recharge them with the IPV, but it takes forever (or so it seems).

For you, I would suggest an integrated battery box-mod, like the MVP 2.0, 3.0, 20W... or the ELeaf iStick 20W, or 30W. They basically work out of the box with nothing more to buy! Also, you can buy two MVP's or three iSticks for the price of the IPV-mini2 (not even counting the additional cost of batteries and charger!).

Stick with your Nautilus or similar tanks and you'll not have to worry with building your own coils, unless you want to, later down the line. The Nautilus tanks work VERY well with the MVP, iSticks, or even the IPV (or any box-mod).

Edited by Earthling789

Good analogy about the car, Earthling. smile.png

** Bows ** LOL, I've used that one more than once :)

Just because you bought a million-dollar, nuclear-powered uber-mod that was designed by Einstein, and forged from Space-Metal that fell off Mechagodzilla's tail... doesn't mean you have to crank it to 11 and melt the base of your atomizer... or irradiate the neighbors... :D

I'll probably try buying the tube and some extra tanks for,now. I'm just worrying,about the leaking and the fact that it's not sturdy at all anymore and seems to have airflow coming from parts it shouldn't be coming from.

Also, I was thinking of teaming up the IPV with the aspire atlantis. Which, from very quick research, apparently can handle 70W.

But you make great points. Its so nice to look at the Porsche and imagine driving it to the max when you have the money when in reality all you need is that Nissan Ultima which does just as well and still gets you from point A to point B