These batterys are frustrating me

I would NOT leave ANY battery charging unattended, especially while I was sleeping! Even if you have the best charger on the planet, and the best battery made, you can never tell when something is going to short-out or go BOOM... I know I could not sleep at night knowing a Li-Ion battery was charging in the next room...

I could use an entire crate full.I wonder if they do bulk purchases lol

Yes, they do... actually, I saw one listing on Amazon for 12 or 18... which made them about $5 each, maybe less?

EDIT:

Here's a link for 25-pack for $150... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NUI48WA/

Edited by Earthling789

This is the charger seats 1 27a62e6ae77988e7a2486efae3b1dc0a.jpg

That charger has no UL-Listing on it... I'd not trust it beyond "emergency use", and I'd watch it like a hawk the whole time :)

Buy a GOOD charger from Nitecore, like the i2 or i4... or the d2 or d4... there are several other good brands, but I do trust my Nitecore chargers (and they are UL-Listed).

Thanks @Earthling789 and @TugBoat. Ima go to the shop tomorrow, and see whats up. I literally bought my tank and batterys yesterday.

It happens! I bought cheap batteries in the past and they were duds.I only buy the best now.Samsung 25r or EFest are good batteries or the LG's.Tell them you want a high drain 18650 with a 30amp limit and you should be good to go.

I have three of the MXJO IMR 18650's since December and have had no issues. They take at least 5 hr's to charge a single and about 7 or 8 hr's for charging two at the same time. The charge is a trust fire TR 001 which I will eventually upgrade to a Nitcore. I believe a slow charge is better for longer overall battery life, there is a very good battery website, called I believe Battery University. Check it out it has a wealth of information.

The output of that charger is under .5 amps. It would be a slow trickle charge. I have a four bay charger (Efest Luc 4 bay) that has a button that allows you to select the charging amps. .5, 1 and 2 amps. I have it set to .5 and it takes my Samsung 25r's about 3 hours to fully charge from about 3.5v to 4.2v.

I have seen pretty good things about the MXJO batteries. My local B&M just started carrying them. I still like the trusted brand names of Sony and Samsung.

I agree with others. Look into a better charger. Efest Luc, Nitecore

Edited by GeorgeF

You need to make sure that are you are making good contact, on both ends, of the charger. Try shifting the battery a little, up/down/angle etc. Flat tops can sometimes, on certain chargers, be problematic. This is why everyone should own a cheap multimeter ($5). It would only take a few seconds to determine if in fact it's a charger problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say take a visit to the Vape Shop and bring the batteries with the charger. They will be able to tell you what is going, and probably at the same time put the batteries on a charger so you can at least go home with a working mod. AND you can figure out how to better charge them yourself, whether it just takes a long time or you need to get something new!
For sure it will be worth the visit. The sooner you go, the sooner you Vape!

If your charger light changes from green to red when you place the battery in it, it's probably making a good connection. With that being a 450mA charger, I can see it taking upwards of 5 hours to fully charge a battery that's drained to about 3.5V. Keep in mind that if you drain some Li-Ion batteries below a certain point (depends on the battery), you can render it permanently useless.

I use same batteries and use a charger similar to yours. Mine take about 3 hours and I have to turn them to make sure they begin charging. Kind of a pain. I also have vct5's and he'2 , both of those behave the same way. From my experience its the charger that's the issue. I spend quite a bit on batteries and yet I lack the common sense to purchase a charger that costs $15 hehe