Kangertech subtank mini questions

edgy77

Idk how it happened but the rba deck for my subtank literally fell apart into pieces and im missing pieces to put it together. Ive look online and cant find any replacements parts. Can someone point me in the right direction of obtaining a new rba deck without buying a new tank?

Yea I looked on their website and I couldn't find anything. The flavour out of the throw away coil is awesome anyway. But so was rhe flavour out of that. Kinda mad it just fell apart lol

I can understand your frustration

Idk how it happened but the rba deck for my subtank literally fell apart into pieces and im missing pieces to put it together. Ive look online and cant find any replacements parts. Can someone point me in the right direction of obtaining a new rba deck without buying a new tank?

I'm thinking about getting a mini and I'm curious as to what happened and what you're missing. Could you be more specific and maybe post a pic?

Yea I could post a pic when I get home. Im missing something from the center post that screws into the base, and since thats missing all the terminals came off. I had trouble getting the sleeve off... one I got that apart I guess I was holding onto that pin and it loosened and it all fell apart lol

gallery_15088_188_33459.jpg

I'm assuming that the threaded connector under the RBA section (that screws into the main deck of the Subtank) passes through the RBA deck and threads into the positive (insulated) post, providing the airflow as well as holding everything together.

I may be a little late to the party, but I took mine apart and tried to get some pictures:

Assembled:

Just the center pin pulled out, notice the insulator will only work one direction, it is tapered:

Disassembled, with insulators in place:

Disassembled, with insulators removed:

I noticed in taking this thing apart, there is not much room for error. It has very little threading. The top plate must pressed in good or the threads will not reach.

First make sure the L shaped piece and top insulator are fitting totally flush against the deck. If they do, check that when you insert the pin and bottom insulator there is very little of the insulator showing there is only 1/32" visible. If everything is not perfectly flush, it won't go. The pin in the center only makes 1 turn before it is tight.

You might insert the pin without the L shaped piece on it and make sure it extends above the bottom of the build deck.

You really have to hold everything in perfect place to get it to go together. It is so small and tolerances are so tight, you need 3 hands but it is too small for 2. IMO they made it a bit difficult to assemble.

Edited by jasonculp

I am running the 1.2 ohm coil right now cause I didnt prime my .5 ohm coil correctly so it burned out prematurely. Id get one good hit then burn, and any long drag burn. I like the .5 ohm coil better. Ive had an atlantis tank too but the glass shattered and was under all the teeth at the top of the tank that hold the glass in so I had to trash it. But I love this tank! Even though I destroyed the rba base lol

I really like the SubTank's look and the build options but I'm gonna wait until they work out the kinks on this model first.One being the chrome plated parts,gotta have all SS

I have had mine apart quite a few times since I have got it nearly two weeks ago. I have not seen anything that "looks" like chrome plate, could you elaborate? Do you have a link. I, like you, don't really want chrome plate in my atty. Do you have a link?

I personally am not having any trouble with mine. I have used all the coils and RBA and the only problem I am having is wicking. It seems to wick too good with the OCC coils (for me).

I have been getting liquid through the drip tip that isn't totally vaporized. It never gurgles or leaks. I just get massive heartburn and the taste of raw juice in my mouth. I have switched from 50/50 juice to 30pg/70vg it is some better. I have tried every setting from 12 to 25 watts on both OCC coils. I have tried all airflow settings. It hasn't been a deal breaker as it one of the best tanks I have ever used.

I really like the SubTank's look and the build options but I'm gonna wait until they work out the kinks on this model first.One being the chrome plated parts,gotta have all SS

I thought the Atlantis was the one with Chrome, even though it listed all SS?

I'm pretty sure the Kanger sub-tanks are all SS... but I could be wrong :)

i am also getting the liquid at the bottom of the dip tip. The only i have had some burnt taste is at 25 -30w with a xx-long drag. Have not done the rba yet.

Jasonculp; Did you tighten the chimney stack all the way down ?

i am also getting the liquid at the bottom of the dip tip. The only i have had some burnt taste is at 25 -30w with a xx-long drag. Have not done the rba yet.

Jasonculp; Did you tighten the chimney stack all the way down ?

I have tried everything, it is fairly tight, not stupid tight. I cleaned it and put in another coil used some food grade oring lube on it this morning and it has been great ever since. I have been at 15 watts all day. I may try to rewick my factory coils, they didn't get much use, and this is the 3rd one in less than 2 weeks (Friday will be 2 weeks) running about 5 - 8ml a day through it.

• 1 month later...

i am also getting the liquid at the bottom of the dip tip.  The only i have had some burnt taste is at 25 -30w with a xx-long drag.  Have not done the rba yet.  

Jasonculp;  Did you tighten the chimney stack all the way down ?

Add me to the list getting liquid in the tip when I use my Subtank mini. In fact, I would go so far as to say my mini is actually "spitting" juice when I take a drag. It even sounds like it's spitting. Not the typical sound one quickly learns to relate to vaping...the sound of the juice being vaporized by the atty...more like sucking the last bit of liquid in a glass through a straw.

At first I thought it was technique, but I'm not experiencing it on my Protank 3 mini or my EMOW clearomizer. In fact, I didn't experience it through my first three days of use. Then I swapped the 0.5 ohm OCC out for the 1.2 ohm OCC. Still getting the spitting. The only thing I haven't done is put the RBA base in yet, but I need to do a bit of research before I do that.