Do You Think We'll Ever Be Satisfied?

Jeffb

Now that I have the Spade and PT, I was thinking "what else can be made to top this?" I mean really how much vapor do we really need? Do you think we'll reach a point where there is nothing else to invent. Will I reach a point where enough is enough and quit searching for the perfect vape? :) Nawww...... trying new stuff is a part of what makes vaping sooo much fun and enjoyable. :thumbsup:

I'm reminded of the venerable Stratocaster. Leo Fender came out with this guitar in 1954, and while it has had some improvements over the years, in essence it's the same axe today as it was back then. Sometimes an inventor gets it nearly perfect right outta the chute.

Same could be said of the Gibson Les Paul, for that matter.

With ecigs, the batts have made a big jump with the VP series and other similar alternatives to the stock batts. The real test now, in my view, is for someone to come out with a die-hard atty that really cranks, is durable as hell, and perhaps even has replaceable coils that could be had for pennies apiece. And made here in the USA, of course.

But you're right, jeffb. Musicians keep trying new stuff, even though we virtually perfected instruments long ago. The bar rises, and we keep looking for the ever-elusive 'perfect tone'. The same does (and will) hold true for ecig aficionados.

As I sit here and wait for my Spade (jealously thinking of someone who shall remain nameless who already has his and is probably vaping away on it at this very moment), seriously considering purchasing a PT as soon as it's back in stock, and thinking I should be done purchasing new equipment except for replacement parts and ejuice, I realize I'm also wondering a lot about the Joker and the VP3. So, I guess I'll have to admit that you are probably right jeffb..."Nawww...... trying new stuff is a part of what makes vaping sooo much fun and enjoyable."

Even in an era so new and yet so advanced, we will continue to see new and better units developed and released. The possibilities are endless; and, with the market for E-Cigs progressing at a substantial rate, only the future holds what new and creative products lie ahead.

Even though we think PVs have been around a long time, they havent. PVs are still a very new technology. Most people dont know what a PV is yet and most of those who do have only heard of them and never actually seen one. In marketing terms, we are known as First Adopters.

A first adopter is a person who embraces new technology before most other people do. First adopters tend to buy or try out new products, hardware items, programs, and new versions of existing programs, sooner than most of their peers. According to a theory called Diffusion of Innovations (DoI) formulated by Everett Rogers, first adopters make up 13.5 percent of the population.

PVs are constantly changing and improving and there is much more left to invent. Carlos is now marketing his Juice Box which contains a bottle of juice with a pump that feeds his custom made atty. He claims his custom atty has been working for over 6 months without a failure. Others who have reviewed the Juice Box say the same thing about the atty.

I can see a day when there is an electric pump that feeds the atty when you press the button to vape.

I would also like to see more mod makers using Digi-Keys to convert 6v CR123s to 5v so that we can hit the sweet spot. For me personally, 6v is a little too strong and 3.7v is a little too weak. I love my 5v mods like my VP passthrough and my home made Dremel Tool mod. The next battery mod I make will be one using a Digi-Key so I can have a 5v battery PV.

Attys also need to be improved. The Chinese attys were all using suck. There is no reason why an atty should give out between 2 weeks and a month. Attys should last a long time and sooner or latter someone will come along with an atty that will fit 510, 801, 901s etc, that will last a good long time. Carloss atty is a good example of what can be invented but as I understand it, it doesnt fit any of the standard batterys that we are currently using.

The imagination and innovation of the modding community on all the forums never ceases to amaze me. I am no modder. I am just starting to play with some very basic mods and am in no way in league with most of the modders on the forums.

Im sure there are plenty of other innovations others can come up with. In fact, it would be interesting to see a list of improvements others would like to see in PVs. It may be a good idea to start a thread called; What would your dream PV look like? and let people post ideas for improvements to current PVs and Mods. It may inspire someone with the technical background to make it a reality.

If you think there is nothing left to invent, remember that Bill Gates said once that "640K software is all the memory anybody would ever need on a personal computer". Even Gates couldn't see the future of the software he created.

Edited by CNubel

Perhaps a beer hat... giant battery on one side, giant bottle of juice on the other? :thumbsup:

Planning to get the VP2 as soon as it's in stock, but maybe I should wait a little while. Back to what Jeff said though... Got my 510's. Before that arrived I ordered a Spade. Since the spade is for Christmas, I'll probably have a VP2 before I even use the Spade.

@CNubel - Great post! As the market grows it will become a more profitable venture and there will be an innovation explosion.

Well, I've tried almost everything else, why not something new? I've already decided to get the PT - as soon as Christ gets more in - so I might as well just keep buying? Right? I wonder if I could win the lottery? That might help. LOL

Jeff that's an interesting question. I agree that ultimately, the ideal hit and volume will be achieved for me; will I then go looking for a more stylish or custom unit? Maybe. I don't have the resources to just buy whatever I want, so find myself thinking long and hard before I buy anything. I don't expect to get another PV for quite some time; first I'm going to get stocked up on essentials for what I have. Next it's going to be a VP PT; maybe two so I don't have to carry the one between work and home.

I am looking forward to this technology maturing. I'd like to see quality attys that are consistent and not so finicky. Automatic juice delivery would be so fine! The thought of having to drip while driving is a serious concern. I've tried it, and absolutely do not recommend it. The whole thing just adds a new layer of serious risk that wasn't so extreme as simply firing up an analog - although that's pretty risky too when you remember all the close calls you had. Long-term juice delivery would be my first priority. When that becomes commercially available I'll be first in line.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree that many of the people on this forum will most likely never stop checking out new PV units as they are developed. It's just another toy I get to play with, and compared to my other hobbies / interests / occupational purchases it's pretty cheap. Not only that but compared to my smoking habit I'd still end up saving money even if I bought a new PV about once every 1-2 months. I'm really looking forward to eventually picking up a nice 5V battery mod unit, but will probably chill on the PV purchases until then. Between my VP PT, VP1 and the Spade I'm pretty set for the time being, but that being said I'm still looking at various 5V battery mods and planning to purchase one sometime early next year after we see the Joker and Maserati (I'm assuming these will be 5V battery mods... but we all know where assumptions can get you). So yeah, even if they developed the atomizer that never dies, I'll probably still purchase it's next revision when it's developed. I'm a gearwhore as it's called in my industry, plain and simple.

Edited by GDub