New Spade

Jeffb

Ah ok, I was gonna say I swear I checked all of them before sending any out! :D

Jeso plans to do repairs in the future but I would speak to Parker and perhaps ask for a replacement. That however is up to him.

I'm going to wait and see what happens with the atomizer before I contact Parked but I'm more willing to ask for a replacement for the atty if it is a dud then the Spade. When I got it it was sealed in plastic, I don't think you could notice the imperfection through it, and I doubt it was Parked that sealed it. Even if it was Parked that sealed it, I'm not going to be an A hole over this little imperfection. I'm more interested in Jeso's plans to do repairs then replace it. You know that feeling when you get attached to something but want it fixed instead of replaced? That's how I feel about it. Painting it may work. It isn't a big line going down it or anything. The scratch or maybe I should say chip is on the line that separates the battery from the rest of the unit, it isn't much thinker than the line, and about half the length of the diameter of the button bolt thingy. Above the chip is a hard to see little circle that is lighter than the rest of the unit. If I had a paint(maybe model paint) the same color then it could be painted over just by making a dot on both spots. It wouldn't look perfect but would be harder to see. What kind of customer service does Parked have in your opinion? What do you know about Jeso's future repairs? He definitely needs to get rid of this dull aluminum color. Black and gold is all it needs. I'm going to paint the cart gold and then put two black lines on it like a cig butt to see how that looks since the carts are cheap.

Just goes to show how different people are. It's the gold on mine that I don't care for. I've never liked gold on anything. I prefer the "dull aluminum color" and would rather have that where the gold is on mine. BUT, I'm not complaining. Just saying how different we all are. :rolleyes:

Another reason why the cap wasn't anodized black isn't just because we where lazy either it's because it is harder to anodized.

The body itself is created out of aluminum to give that light weight feel, but the cap is made out of steel in order to prevent any stripping. Longevity of the unit is more important to me than color.

I'm going to wait and see what happens with the atomizer before I contact Parked but I'm more willing to ask for a replacement for the atty if it is a dud then the Spade. When I got it it was sealed in plastic, I don't think you could notice the imperfection through it, and I doubt it was Parked that sealed it. Even if it was Parked that sealed it, I'm not going to be an A hole over this little imperfection. I'm more interested in Jeso's plans to do repairs then replace it. You know that feeling when you get attached to something but want it fixed instead of replaced? That's how I feel about it. Painting it may work. It isn't a big line going down it or anything. The scratch or maybe I should say chip is on the line that separates the battery from the rest of the unit, it isn't much thinker than the line, and about half the length of the diameter of the button bolt thingy. Above the chip is a hard to see little circle that is lighter than the rest of the unit. If I had a paint(maybe model paint) the same color then it could be painted over just by making a dot on both spots. It wouldn't look perfect but would be harder to see. What kind of customer service does Parked have in your opinion? What do you know about Jeso's future repairs? He definitely needs to get rid of this dull aluminum color. Black and gold is all it needs. I'm going to paint the cart gold and then put two black lines on it like a cig butt to see how that looks since the carts are cheap.

Dude try a dot with a Sharpie.......... Done !

Another reason why the cap wasn't anodized black isn't just because we where lazy either it's because it is harder to anodized.

The body itself is created out of aluminum to give that light weight feel, but the cap is made out of steel in order to prevent any stripping. Longevity of the unit is more important to me than color.

Good point! I was worried about it stripping because its aluminum. Now that I know its steel I'm not as worried. On Parked's page this guy did a video review of the Spade. He made a good point. The bottom would look great gold. Now stop being so lazy and get those gold ones made for us! Just kidding. Well, kinda. B)

Dude try a dot with a Sharpie.......... Done !

LOL! I'm too much of an OCD perfectionist to do that. What if some of the Sharpie ink got on a part that wasn't scratched? I need something with more precision. That's why I bought Scratch Fix 2 in 1 in universal flat black. I got it from Walmart in the automotive department. It has a tiny roller ball tip on it. Now I'm struggling to convince myself to use it because it wont be PERFECT. I need help! :unsure:

My Scratch Fix idea failed! Every time I put it on it looks like a glob of spray paint. I went to plan B. I came up with the idea ALL BY MYSELF to use a Sharpie and it worked great! :rolleyes2::whistle:

I finally got the atomizer to work too! Wow! There is something different about this atty compared to the regular 510 and not just the gold stripe. It formed a cloud with lightening and thunder in the shape of the face of Thor! I want more of them. I went to the Janty website and I'm a little confused(that's not hard for me to do). They sell a Dura atty and a Dura TAWA atty. What's the difference? What's the difference with the regular 510 atty also?

Anyway, I'm done being picky about the Spade. I LOVE IT!

My Scratch Fix idea failed! Every time I put it on it looks like a glob of spray paint. I went to plan B. I came up with the idea ALL BY MYSELF to use a Sharpie and it worked great! :rolleyes2::whistle:

I finally got the atomizer to work too! Wow! There is something different about this atty compared to the regular 510 and not just the gold stripe. It formed a cloud with lightening and thunder in the shape of the face of Thor! I want more of them. I went to the Janty website and I'm a little confused(that's not hard for me to do). They sell a Dura atty and a Dura TAWA atty. What's the difference? What's the difference with the regular 510 atty also?

Anyway, I'm done being picky about the Spade. I LOVE IT!

The Dura atty is the one you want to use :)

Well honestly, it's built better. Where how and why? Well that I cannot say :) Most people don't know but the 510 is actually a remake of the Janty Dura. The Janty Dura came out first (created by Janty) then the Generic 510 came. Then the even more Generic SLB510.

sorry for the super newbie Q but what is the spade? i hear a lot about it. thanks

The Spade is a mod that VT sells. It's basically a custom battery with a 510 atomizer that gives all the greatness of the 510 without the sucky battery life. They have some pictures and video of it in the Vapor Talk Store.

There is nothing I would recommend to clean up the scratch as the unit is anodized. It just wouldn't look the same. If it bothers you enough to not enjoy the unit then please send it back and I'll replace it for you :) (Just send me your order number)

As for the black caps, I'll look into getting some created and perhaps send them out to the members who request it. :)

Just got mine today and have used it for about 30 minutes total so far. Gotta work you know:)

Sleeker than jet, lighter than the Smoking Anywhere unit.

Hits very well even before it's been broken in.

Love it now, but the Black battey cap with the etched spade would be the iceing on the cake.

Let me know when you get them.

Glad you like The Spade! It really is a kick butt unit. It uses the Janty Dura atomizer which is a very strong atomizer but does take more time to break in compared to the normal 510 atomizer. Once it breaks in though it really gets going. That atomizer should last you quite a while :D

Awesome so my spade will have this Janty Dura atty?!

Rock on.. Can't wait til it gets here :)

Well honestly, it's built better. Where how and why? Well that I cannot say :) Most people don't know but the 510 is actually a remake of the Janty Dura. The Janty Dura came out first (created by Janty) then the Generic 510 came. Then the even more Generic SLB510.

That is the opposite of what I assumed. The generic brand is more popular than the name brand. That's kind of weird. Why do you think it is more popular? Thanks for this info. It is very helpful.

The Dura atty is the one you want to use :)

Is the TAWA the one on the Spade? I just noticed on Janty USA that the TAWA has nothing written on it like the atty I have and the Dura has Janty written on the gold ring. I'm hoping this is the TAWA because this atty is knocking me out and if the Dura is even better than I can't wait to have one.

the 510 atomizer that comes with the Spade is killer! I just ordered 2 more along with a bunch of juice.

Chris, I noticed that this atomizer has a 4 digit number engraved on the bottom of the atomizer. Never seen this before but I remember seeing you mention something about the 'good' 510 atomizers having this.

Shane