Newbie and feeling hopeless. MVP20w resistance issue

So I just upgraded my Kanger EMOW mega to a MVP 20watt. I also picked up the nautilus aspire 5ml tank. I keep it at 3.4V and 6.5watts Everything was going fine until today. When I double click the P/U button it normally said my resistance was 1.9 and it has a 1.8 could so I figured that is okay. But I refilled my tank and now it reads 3.6 resistance. If I loosen the whole tank and coil and like tap the tank it will drop to like 2.8 and I find okay enough to get it back to 1.9.

Am I doing something wrong? I am getting hopeless and even though I love the airflow adjustment on the aspire am thinking about scrapping it and grabbing the aero tank 2. Any help would be great.

No need to feel hopeless, there are many people here to help you!

It sounds like your not getting a good connection to you atomizer or coil. First check your pin inside the connector on the MPV. Make sure you are not pressing the "fire" button and gently take an object and make sure it will up and down. This is spring loaded and can get stuck. If it moves up and down it is ok.

Next take your Nautilus and push in and out on the the little center pin in the bottom of the atomizer and make sure it is moving in and out with a bit of resistance. If this is moving in and out and it is clean, it should be ok.

Next pull out the drip tip and turn the tank upside down and remove the glass so you can get at the coil.

This might be a good time to pull out the coil and make sure everything below it is clean. Pay special attention to the spring that contacts the bottom of the coil make sure it is there and clean. Make sure the oring is on the bottom of the coil and put it into the base. Check the center pin that screws into the MVP and make sure it is clean, and the threads too.

Now screw the base assembly back into the MPV and Press the "P" and "U" Buttons for 2 seconds and see what the atomizer is reading. If it still shows the wrong ohms, we may have a bad coil, or another problem.

Post back and let us know!

Jason gave some really good tips. The thing I would do before following Jason's tips is to take the Nautilus tank off your MVP, turn it upside down and take off the bottom like you're going to refill with juice. Double check the coil in the bottom piece to make sure it's not loose. Take the coil out, swab the bottom piece clean of juice, clean the threads of the coil and replace snugly. You don't want to over tighten it, just finger tight. Put it back onto the tank and then the MVP. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, the coil can come loose. When that happens you start getting all kinds of weird readings.

If this doesn't fix it, then I'd go through the steps Jason suggested. :)

Jason gave some really good tips. The thing I would do before following Jason's tips is to take the Nautilus tank off your MVP, turn it upside down and take off the bottom like you're going to refill with juice. Double check the coil in the bottom piece to make sure it's not loose. Take the coil out, swab the bottom piece clean of juice, clean the threads of the coil and replace snugly. You don't want to over tighten it, just finger tight. Put it back onto the tank and then the MVP. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, the coil can come loose. When that happens you start getting all kinds of weird readings.

If this doesn't fix it, then I'd go through the steps Jason suggested. :)

You have to watch me... Someone says "resistance issue" and my inner-geek takes over!

You have to watch me... Someone says "resistance issue" and my inner-geek takes over!

I know, it's one of the cute things about you: how you go all "geek" and let's tear this thing apart and put it back together the right way. :lol: But for someone who is new to vaping, I go for the easiest fix first. Eliminate that before going more in depth. :)

I keep it at 3.4V and 6.5watts Everything was going fine until today.

Also, for future reference... even if the MVP is a variable voltage/variable wattage device, you can only set it one thing at a time not both. :)

Also, for future reference... even if the MVP is a variable voltage/variable wattage device, you can only set it one thing at a time not both. :)

Excellent point, Tam... there are a lot of folks who think you set both (or have been told to set both by idiots at the shops). My suggestion to anyone using a VV/VW device is to learn how to set the Wattage to what your juice prefers (usually between 6.5W and 10W for commercial juices in a Nautilus), and then the electronics of the MVP will auto-select the appropriate Voltage, based upon the resistance of the coil.

For the OP, what you're experiencing is typical of a Nautilus (from my experience)... the base will become polluted with juice, or the center pin will become stuck, which will cause all kinds of erroneous resistance readings by your MVP (or any VV/VW device).

Edited by Earthling789

So I tested everything said and I found out the peice on the bottom of my coil that is a little metal cylinder was extremely loose. I could pull it out and see 2 metal prongs. I could remove it extremely easy. I replaced my coil with the spare one my tank came with and it has been flawless all day.

Thanks Everyone

The coils that come with tanks are notorious for being less than quality. I always throw those to the side for emergency use only and put in a fresh coil from a replacement 5-pack. Glad you found the fix. :)