Good battery for an Aspire Atlantis and Nautilus

Alright so right now I have an Itaste MVP 2.0, I've loved it for a while, but my battery has been deminishing very fast. This battery used to last me abour 3-5 days for about the first year, now I can only get about 2 days out of it. I have been vaping for a while on my mvp 2.0, not to mention previous kr808 batteries before this along with an ego c-twist, and am looking for an upgrade. I would like to get a new battery for my existing tank that I really like, the Aspire Nautilus, but would also like a battery that will give me benefits for the Aspire Atlantis and possibly other tank mods that produce immense amounts of vapor. I use my nautilus for every day use, but would love to experiment with the vapor clouds of the atlantis and possibly other tank mods. I am looking for something that would satisfy my needs for both. I am new to coils like the atlantis that are very low ohm (I think from what I have been reading they are like 0.5ohm but require high wattage?) but produce immense amounts of vapor. I usually get the 1.8ohm coils for my nautilus and vape at 4.0 volts on a new coil and go to 4.2 volts once broken in, I am actually new to Watts as well. I want something decently portable, something that could fit in the pocket of my jeans and not rub my leg wrong while sitting, and hopefully something durable where dropping it doesn't worry me as much as if it were a piece of glass. Please and thank you for your input, my next buying decision will be based on this thread.

You're obviously not a heavy-vaper, lol... Even with moderate use, my MVP never lasted more than 3 days, and using it as a primary battery for my 1.5 Ohm coils, I was lucky to get 2 whole days on it, even when it was new.

If you like the MVP, Innokin has a 20W version available now, and will soon come out with the MVP 3.0, which is expected to spec-out at 30W and a much higher mAh, high-Amp battery. Eleaf has a very nice (and compact) 20W battery, the iStick, and is soon to release a 30W and 50W version. All of these will be capable of your Nautilus needs. For the Atlantis, you must have a battery capable of firing down to 0.5 Ohms, which rules out the 20W MVP or iStick, because they will not fire coils that low. Aspire markets a battery for the Atlantis, which is sub-ohm rated (and has a nice-looking carbon-fiber design), and looks like a larger version of the Vision Spinner-style of batteries.

The next step-up would be to look at replaceable-battery APV's (advanced personal vaporizers). I am using an IPV-mini right now, which is capable of 30W and will fire down to 0.5 Ohms, but requires purchase of separate 18650 battery (which must be capable of high-drain and at least 10A [20A preferred] to constantly fire 0.5 Ohm coils at 30W). There are dozens and dozens of this type of digital mod available, but be prepared to pay a minimum of $50 for the mod... with the majority of them running MUCH higher... and an additional $40 for a pair of batteries and reputable charger... and that is just to get you started!

Oh, and don't rule out a mechanical MOD for your Atlantis, but expect to spend the same $40 minimum for a pair of batteries and charger, and then the cost of the MOD, which will start at $30 for a decent clone, and move up from there to better clones, low-end authentic, and on up to hundreds of dollars for high-end authentic MODs.

Edited by Earthling789

Earthling gave some great recs above. You won't go wrong with an Eleaf iStick 20w or the IPV mini. I know because he just recently talked me into buying both and I'm very happy with them. :)

That said, I'm more inclined to recommend the IPV mini with the extra batteries (I'd suggest getting authentic Sony VTC4 if you're going to sub-ohm with tanks like the Atlantis) and a quality charger like the Nitecore Intellicharger.

Of course, the sky's the limit when you get into APVs (Advanced Personal Vaporizers), and anything electronic is going to be a little less durable than say... a mech mod that has no electronic components inside.

If I were you, I'd go out and read some of the reviews people have out there on some of the recs you get, look for some video reviews as well on youtube before making the final decision.

Happy shopping! :)

Earthling gave some great recs above. You won't go wrong with an Eleaf iStick 20w or the IPV mini. I know because he just recently talked me into buying both and I'm very happy with them. :)

Now, if I can get you to buy an RTA, my work here will be done :evil:

Oh, if you buy one, you'll like it... Trust Me! :devil:

Seriously, since you drip more for flavor (and still use KPT2 and Davide tanks), an RTA is a simple, logical bridge between convenience of a tank, and flavor/customization of an RDA! I actually believe the flavor is comparable between RTA and RDA (unless I go below 0.8 Ohms on the RDA)....

I was going to grab the aspire cf but a review showed that it was only at 24watts on a .6ohm coil, hmmmm. The IPV2S seems a little steep at the $100 price range not including batteries or charger, would the IPV2S be ablet o run both the nautilus and atlantis tanks? Also is there anything else in the 50w range that isn't so heavy on price but also isn't a janky piece of junk?

Look around at different online shops. Sweet-Vapes has good prices on hardware. Fast order processing and good customer service. They are listed in the vendor sub forms.

Depends on if you want a tube style or a box style mod. Most electronic mods have protection built in.

As said above, check out reviews and get informed as to what each unit can do and what you want to get out of it. Best decisions are informed decision.

A couple of good reviewers are:

Phil Busardo

and

Dimitris

Edited by GeorgeF

I was going to grab the aspire cf but a review showed that it was only at 24watts on a .6ohm coil, hmmmm. The IPV2S seems a little steep at the $100 price range not including batteries or charger, would the IPV2S be ablet o run both the nautilus and atlantis tanks? Also is there anything else in the 50w range that isn't so heavy on price but also isn't a janky piece of junk?

I use both the Nautilus and Atlantis on the 2S and both work great. The 2S also doesn't need a charger and will charge through USB. It's just not recommended to use it while charging. And unlike most other mods, it's water resistant.

I'll be honest though. You could go with something like an iStick when it releases but I do believe you get what you pay for. I had a 20w for a minute and got rid of it because of how inaccurate it was on basic tanks. I killed an iClear 30 head on the lowest setting.

Another thing to consider about these cheaper mods that include batteries is, once they are done, they are done. It costs more to get a battery replaced on an iStick then the device even costs.

And finally, YiHi makes some very good chips. The chips in the iPV and Sigelei are probably the best you are going to get without dumping a fortune on a DNA.

Edited by Oberon75

Not sure what style device you like, but I just bought a gr-star ZNA 60 (50w) that's a clone of the HOH ZNA mod for 70.00. You will need to by batteries and a charger. AMOD makes a ZNA 50w as well that's good. Both use the yihi chip set.

That said, I'm more inclined to recommend the IPV mini with the extra batteries (I'd suggest getting authentic Sony VTC4 if you're going to sub-ohm with tanks like the Atlantis) and a quality charger like the Nitecore Intellicharger.

Of course, the sky's the limit when you get into APVs (Advanced Personal Vaporizers), and anything electronic is going to be a little less durable than say... a mech mod that has no electronic components inside.

If I were you, I'd go out and read some of the reviews people have out there on some of the recs you get, look for some video reviews as well on youtube before making the final decision.

Happy shopping! :)

An APV is electronic (circuit-boards, wiring, relays, resistors, etc, etc, etc.), which by their very nature are prone to failure (eventually). A mechanical MOD has no electronics... they operate by pressing a button which makes mechanical contact with the battery to fire the atty. Thus, the statement of "APV's are less durable". Sure, some APV's are waterproof, shockproof, bullet-proof, have pretty lights, and will even answer your emails for you... but they will fail (electronically) eventually :)

Hey. y'all.

Got an Aspire Atlantis recently, does me good at 30 watts.

So my E-LVT 2.0 does really well as it goes down to 0.1 ohms !

The ELV-T 2.0 by Dovpo is a box mod which is built like a tank.

Waterproof, shock proof, and crush proof. I've seen a few forum posters drive over theirs with no damage to the unit.

Also comes with built-in led flashlight which I've actually found quite handy.

Has the option to charge battery in the unit or in your intelligent charger. Takes one 18650 battery.

Posted some pics in the gallery of it to see all the images.

Here's one for the post:

Happy vaping to all of you ! :wave: