Difference between high/low voltage/wattage

KyleVapes

What does the difference in high or low wattage mean for the amount of vapor and the toll it takes on the coil, etc. also besides the obvious different readings of measurements. Also, what's the difference between the voltage or wattage setting on my battery. I use the Eleaf iStick

When thinking of Wattage, think light-bulbs... a 100W bulb is more powerful (brighter, hotter) than a 40W bulb... The same thing stands for vaping. More Wattage = more power, and subsequently more Amps are required of the battery to reach higher power.

More Watts does not necessarily mean more vapor. Sure, if the Wattage or Voltage is too low, vapor is diminished, but too much Wattage/Voltage will just cook the juice, giving you a horrible taste. Some juices will handle more power than others. More vapor is produced with higher VG content of the juice. 100% VG will give you the maximum potential for maximum vapor, and the hotter you can get it and the faster you can get it to the coil, the more vapor you get. This is why cloud-chasers are looking for maximum efficiency in their wicks, maximum air-flow, and the lowest Ohm coils possible, so they can produce extremely high temps via high Watts (which also means high Amps).

Voltage and Wattage are functions of Ohm's Law, and are two of the variables. Given that your coil's resistance is a set variable, you "set" either Voltage or Wattage to allow the device to determine the third. It is really a choice of the person to determine which method they prefer... Personally, I use slightly different Ohm coils across dozens of tanks, so I leave the Wattage setting as my "set variable" and let the device select the proper Voltage. This way I can maintain relatively the same flavor level across all my tanks. If you use the same resistance coils, you can use the Voltage setting, and the device will set the Wattage. Basically they both are the same side of the coin... more Voltage/Wattage = higher Amps, which results in more power/current.

I love it when you talk geek, Earthling. :lol:

Also, turn the battery too high and you'll burn your wick, which will leave a nasty taste in the juice of your tank. The only way to get rid of it once the wick is burned is to empty the tank, clean it out, put a new coil in and refill with new juice.

Earthing789;

Thanks, that helps explain some questions i had. I have seen the VV vs vapoer power charts and basically it showed you dont want to go above 9w. I believe the chart is in terms of max flavor. So i was confused as in why there are 20w devices out there. I would place the chart up, but have to learn how to upload images to my gallery. I gave the chart some value due to fact i seen it in many vapesmoke shops.

Glad that cleared some things up for you :)

The 9W target is seen on a lot of charts, and yes, it is kind of a sweet-spot for flavor on most juices. I know my all-day-vape tastes best (depending on tank and coil) between 7.5W and 10W, and my MVP is currently running 9W with a Kanger KPT2 and 1.8 Ohm coil. :D

Every juice will have a sweet-spot for Wattage or Voltage, depending on the resistance of the coil, and to some degree, the type of tank. You really have to play with the settings and coil resistances for each juice to find the combo that you like best. When you're unsure of what works best, start your settings low, vape a little, try a higher setting, vape a little, repeat.... once a setting makes the juice taste burnt or "bad", back the settings a notch or two and you've found the sweet-spot for that juice/tank/coil combo.

The higher V and VW devices are for other optional Atomizers. For example a dual coil would require double the watts given the coil inside is the same. Lots of pre built Atomizers will have recommended voltage info. Most of the time 3.7. Rebuild ables are possible with the MVP but very tricky because of the .8 ohm threshold.