kangertech emow question

drizzt

Just ordered my first vape. a kanger emow mega. I was told on another forum to not vape any e-liquid with a vg level higher than 30% in a kanger tank or it will not wick well. Is there any truth to this? I see 50/50 pg/vg is very common and find it odd kangers would have a problem wicking this juice.

50/50 juice is 50% PG and 50% VG. VG is very thick, and the higher the VG content, the slower it is to wick (think molasses). All tanks have issues with max VG (near 100%), because the wicks are geared for more thinner juices.

My Kanger dual-coils and Aspire Nautilus will work with max VG, but they cannot be chain-vaped with max VG.... They prefer 50/50 juices, in all honesty. And, IMO, 50/50 juices taste better than max VG, because I don't care for the glycerine after-taste.

I ordered some 60/40 pg/vg blends and was hoping that would be fine. On the other forum I was told a max vg of 30% but that did not seem correct to me.

I am still a little confused on what blends to order. I want a lot of flavor and am not really looking for throat hit although if there is some I am ok with that but flavor is far more important to me.

On a completely separate not is that your bike in your pic. Is it a magna?

Edited by drizzt

Blends are listed in percentage, PG is the first number, VG is the second (unless otherwise noted).

PG is the flavor carrier, and also provides throat-hit. Higher PG juice tend to have more flavor and more throat hit.

VG is the vapor producer (and very sweet). Higher VG juices produce more vapor and are very smooth.

Juices that are 80/20 will have more flavor, thinner, and less vapor

Juices that are 30/70 will have slightly muted flavor, better vapor, and may be too thick to wick in some tanks :)

The 60/40 juice you ordered will be just fine in your Kanger tank, because it is 60% PG and 40% VG... not thick, not a harsh throat-hit, and should have good flavor (depending on the juice manufacturer).

Yes, that is one of my bikes... '85 Shadow VT700, fully restored classic :)

My daily ride is an '02 Sabre, full-dress, and I also have a '99 CB750 NightHawk Tour. I've got a couple more on the plate to restore, but not until the weather gets better... Here's an older pic of my stable :)

3BikesLandscape_zpsfc51c605.jpg

70/30 would give you lots of throat hit -- depending on nicotine level. Higher nicotine = more throat hit/harsher vape.

Earthling is spot on with the information he provided above although I've done 30/70 in my Kanger tanks before without much of problem as long as I'm not chain vaping. :)

Just ordered my first vape. a kanger emow mega. I was told on another forum to not vape any e-liquid with a vg level higher than 30% in a kanger tank or it will not wick well. Is there any truth to this? I see 50/50 pg/vg is very common and find it odd kangers would have a problem wicking this juice.

I generally order 50/50, and have no problems with any of my Kanger tanks. Even 60% Vg is no problem. I don't like going with only 30% vg because the vapor production isn't right for my tastes.