iStick 30 watt & iStick 50 watt

Tell me about it... in the past month or so, I've purchased two iStick 20W to replace all my eGos, an IPV-mini (which I'm really loving), more Samsung 25r batteries, and a Kayfun V4. This is on top of the mechs I got for Christmas... I've also considered the asMODus Colossal, too, and will still likely pick one of those up in a couple of months (or at least another IPV?). I was getting "battery-poor" in the past couple of months, and now I have plenty again... but I know what you mean... so many shiny things, and so little spare change :)

Okay, I've been looking at the 50W model, and I don't think I like the placement of the up/down buttons...

If you fire with your finger, you'd have to hold it left-handed to avoid changing settings with your hand... and if you're predominantly right-handed, you'll be forced to fire it with your thumb :(

If I were designing it, I would have left the up/down buttons at the bottom, in-line with the firing button... or at the bottom in-general.

Okay, I've been looking at the 50W model, and I don't think I like the placement of the up/down buttons...

If you fire with your finger, you'd have to hold it left-handed to avoid changing settings with your hand... and if you're predominantly right-handed, you'll be forced to fire it with your thumb :(

If I were designing it, I would have left the up/down buttons at the bottom, in-line with the firing button... or at the bottom in-general.

I noticed this too! I don't like the way it is setup. I have been looking at it and the 50watt is probably not going on my list. I might buy a 30watt, but still not sure. I have a 2 of the others (My daily one and one that I am waiting on a 3D printed cap for a spring loaded 510). I have plenty of backups, so I may start looking for somthing higher end for daily use. I am hoping the Colossal fits the bill, if not I may get a VaporShark. I am perfectly happy in the 20 watt range with my delta 19. I am also looking at the eGrip, but need some "real world" feedback.

I have little need for a 50W device, but if I did, I think I'd drop $ on the Segelei 100W+, and call it done.... or I'd buy a bare chip-set and build a dual-18650 box to suit my style :)

For now, I'll trudge along with my current set-ups :) And, I'll be waiting for your review on the asMODus Colossal... I see that one, or another IPV-mini in my future....

I have little need for a 50W device, but if I did, I think I'd drop $ on the Segelei 100W+, and call it done.... or I'd buy a bare chip-set and build a dual-18650 box to suit my style :)

For now, I'll trudge along with my current set-ups :) And, I'll be waiting for your review on the asMODus Colossal... I see that one, or another IPV-mini in my future....

I have the IPV3 with the 165watt upgrade. It is sitting on my desk disassembled. I just don't have much use for it. I don't drip much any more. It is so huge, I don't like the way it feels in my hand. It might be better with a wrap on it. I have considered reboxing it, but after hours of drawing in sketchup I can't gain much in size due to the length of the board and dual 18650's. I could do it with 18350's but I don't feel safe because of the low amp ratings of 18350's.

So I will probably do a magnet upgrade and wrap it...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines