I Love This Forum

Honestly, thank you EVERYONE! I've spent countless hours on many sites, mostly discussing 1. my wife's Toyota Prius, 2. Saltwater aquariums, and 3. Canon digital slr's. I am amazed and thoroughly impressed by the vaping community represented on Vapor Talk! I come here and read well written posts, with proper spelling, punctuation, and (this is key) an actual, on topic point!

This is why, even if I never light up another analog, I will always sit in the smoking section! (At least as long as we still have smoking sections!) It's also why (Christopher) I decided to order a Spade today. :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work!

John

We have been known to sabotage a few threads. It happens every now and then, but eventually we make it back to the topic. Glad to have you here.

True, true BirdDog. We have been known to have a leetle bit O' fun sometimes. Thats another part of VT thas so cool ! When we get too out of line, Chris always brings down the Thunder and straightens us out ! (jk ) :fish:

And I love all of you guys!

First thing in the morning I make myself a cup of joe and head up to the office. Then one by one try to read every post :) As for typos well...the members may not make typos but I know I sure do, sometimes I re-read my posts and think "man I sound like the Chinese" ha ha. :lol:

No probrem! ok dank yuu!

Great thread SmokinHammer ! You are sooo right. I never thought that I would have to check a "FORUM" everyday just to see how everyone's doing. It is a testament to Christopher and his staff for creating a truly "Family" environment where we do feel like.... well.... Family !!!

So I'm with you SH..... "Thanks to all who post here" !!!

Ok let me start with the fact that I have only tried a dozen or so forums but have not stuck with any of them more than 3 days due to various reasons ( mostly flamers and not much intelligent discussion ). In this forum however I have not seen a single flamer and almost all of the discussions have at least some interesting or valuable content. It keeps me coming back. Love it.

Ok let me start with the fact that I have only tried a dozen or so forums but have not stuck with any of them more than 3 days due to various reasons ( mostly flamers and not much intelligent discussion ). In this forum however I have not seen a single flamer and almost all of the discussions have at least some interesting or valuable content. It keeps me coming back. Love it.

What do you have against extremely flamboyant homosexuals? Just kidding. That is what I thought before I looked up flamers in the Urban Dictionary and found a definition that totally changes my original interpretation of your post. :blush:

What do you have against extremely flamboyant homosexuals? Just kidding. That is what I thought before I looked up flamers in the Urban Dictionary and found a definition that totally changes my original interpretation of your post. :blush:

Ok, for the benefit of those who do not know "flamer" as I was using it means someone who talks trash about other people on the forum type of thing. I will have to check the urban dictionary definition, and thanks for bringing that to my atention :)

(edit) ok, I just checked www.urbandictionary.com and it was definition #5 I was referencing. ( hope they don't change the order they have them in from when I looked at it) :innocent:

Edited by DannyBoyfromWashington

Ok, for the benefit of those who do not know "flamer" as I was using it means someone who talks trash about other people on the forum type of thing. I will have to check the urban dictionary definition, and thanks for bringing that to my atention :)

It basically says what you just said.

Edited by Schizophretard

I've spent a lot of time on a lot of forums, and yes, this is a good forum. I enjoy the time I spend on here. Sadly, almost every forum I have been on has started out the same way before they get too big. Forums are created and frequented by people by a legitimate desire to learn and help others learn. As the populace of the forum starts to grow, you gain valuable knowledge but also trolls and flamers.

While I hope for Vapor talk to grow, I also hope it doesn't grow out of hand. This place is loads better than ECF, but with ECF, it's size is part of it's problem. Of course I think there is better moderation here, and the mods don't have the "know it all elitist" attitude that some have over there.

Roger what everybody said (except maybe about the flamer trolls!). This is by far the coolest forum on the web. I'm a member of a number of forums with special interests but this one is the most friendly and seems to have the best user base. I use to go to ECF alot, but it's too overwhelming. Also, I like the software they use on VT. It seems more intuitive and I think that goes a long way to making it more "friendly". The interface is clean and down right purdy!

I posted this before but it's the honest truth: VT literally saved my life. And now, I think it has also saved the life of my dad and brother. It doesn't get much better than that!

I have to agree with (most) of what was said in this thread. I don't belong to any other forum, but I have done some reading in a couple of others. I was not impressed and would never have joined them. Actually, I've never had any desire to join a forum before this one. Okay, the only reason I ever read a forum at all was to get info on the ecig. I was impressed with this one for the same reasons everyone else has already mentioned. I could have stayed on the sidelines like I normally would and I still would have had my questions answered because in one way or another someone else has had the same questions and they've been answered. So, it's still a bit of a mystery to me why I actually joined. It's still strange to me that I actually join in. That's just so unlike me. And yet I do.

Oh yeah, I believe someone mentioned that Chris sprinkled some pixie dust to attract us...yeah, I remember that. (oops, is that off topic?)

I like that we stay on topic, too, but don't mind when it goes off just a bit. That's usually when the fun starts.

All the positive feedback really does mean a lot, it takes an incredible amount of time to keep the forum running smooth fast and easy to use. As someone pointed out the larger the forum gets the harder it will be to keep trolls out. But I think that is they key, keeping them out in the first place.

ECF, although very informative, is hesitant on banning members when they get out of hand. I'm fairly lax but once you push that limit I'll give you a verbal slap as I like to call it. Believe it or not I've already kicked a few trolls off the forum but the staff and I are very fast at nipping it in the butt before most of you know anything ever happened. :)

Anyway I need to order some more pixie dust :lol:

Absolutely a great place to be. Like nana, this is the 1st forum I've ever posted on too. I pretty much learned everything I need to know just by reading what was already posted, but felt compelled to join and participate. Great work Chris, mods, and everyone on here.

I just realized this, as a testament to this forum, it's the only forum that I participate in that does not have a "my post" and "new posts" option. Typically I run from forums without those options. I'm hoping they will be implemented here at some point though. (hint hint) :)

Wow, time flies. It seems like only yesterday that I was complimenting everyone on how well VT posters stay on topic... Oh look, it was yesterday! Ahhhh, there's nothing like a good Non sequitur. :D

Well, I was joking within the context of the topic. So, I don't believe I was totally off topic.

Edited by Schizophretard

I just realized this, as a testament to this forum, it's the only forum that I participate in that does not have a "my post" and "new posts" option. Typically I run from forums without those options. I'm hoping they will be implemented here at some point though. (hint hint) :)

Hi Travis. This forum does have a "new posts" option, it's a link near the top right of the home page. I've started using that a lot. thumbsup.gif

One of the things that kept me here, or made me feel at home here vs other ecig forums, is that welcoming feeling I get from all the regular posters. I'm a member of a couple of knife maker forums and man is it true - size matters. When forums start getting too large or popular, the abrasive segment somehow seems to take up more space. Not so here though; it's all goodness. That probably is due to quality moderators. My hat's off to you all.

I think the one thing that's impressed me the most too is what SmokinHammer said up front - everyone groks grammar around here and knows how to spell! :D Dig it. It was Christopher's excellent videos that brought me here, and there have been so many more that for me they are one of the most valued parts of the experience. But you folks are all well-spoken, and that sure makes for a more enjoyable place to hang out.

Have you noticed though, that it's pretty much the same couple dozen people that do most of the word work here; probably like other forums I guess. I know there must be many lurkers soaking up the experience and knowledge so freely shared, but I always enjoy hearing from diverse people. Everyone has a unique perspective and experience that we can all benefit from. Bring it on, lurkers!

I hope I don't get too off topic too often. I have noticed that I tend to share more about my everyday life here than possibly others appreciate. Please, rather than just shrug and let it go, if anyone ever thinks I've gotten too far off track just slap me upside my virtual head and bring me back around. Okay? ;)

This is a great community. Thanks to everyone who has been so patient with so many of my dumb questions, and in such a short time! Have no concern; I'm full of them and there will be more to come.