I Love This Forum

Your right there are the regulars and the lurkers. (And there are LOTS of lurkers) But whatever helps you out is the most important to me not everyone likes to post. :) I think so far we have some great moderators even though some of them are still in training, running a forum can be a daunting task but we'll have them top notch in no time :D

@Travis there are a few options to keep an eye on new posts

1. Use the "View New Content" link on the top right of the forums

2. On the home page there is a "Recently Added Topics" box just above top posters box which will keep you up to date on what's new

3. You can subscribe to topics in your control panel either instantly or by daily/weekly subscription.

4. If you want to bookmark something for a later read we have a social book marking drop down menu on every post which allows you to save the topic to a number of popular social bookmarking sites.

5. If you only want to watch one particular topic there is a "watch topic" and "watch forum" option on every page. Then on the front page when you login there is a "Watched Content" box towards the bottom of the forum which will help you keep track of everything you are watching. :D

And those are just a few of the features on the forum ;)

I personally read all of the forums with new posts, respond the ones I feel need my input, then after reading every new post, I go to the bottom of the forum and 'mark all posts read'. That way, the next time I come to the forum I'll know which sub forums have new posts.

Wow Christopher, the thought of reading every new post is a chilling one! But I understand that you'd both want to and need to do that to keep an eye on things. That's one of those issues I'd never thought of going with the responsibility of running a forum. I must say, you and your staff do a fantastic job here. I really mean that.

I personally read all of the forums with new posts, respond the ones I feel need my input, then after reading every new post, I go to the bottom of the forum and 'mark all posts read'. That way, the next time I come to the forum I'll know which sub forums have new posts.

Thanks for this NeRo9k. It makes it so much easier for me now.

I just realized this, as a testament to this forum, it's the only forum that I participate in that does not have a "my post" and "new posts" option. Typically I run from forums without those options. I'm hoping they will be implemented here at some point though. (hint hint) :)

at the top right of page there is a "view new content " link for new posts and if you click the tab for members and find your name you can see all your posts :)

I have noticed that I tend to share more about my everyday life here than possibly others appreciate. Please, rather than just shrug and let it go, if anyone ever thinks I've gotten too far off track just slap me upside my virtual head and bring me back around. Okay? ;)

Apparently, size does matter. That has to be what's making me so comfortable here. I'm already sharing more about myself here, because I feel so at ease. Maybe it's part of that "I'm in the smoking section" vibe. Everyone's relaxed and easy going... friendly and polite. Kick back, take a big drag, and vent your vapor, and your soul if you'd like. The people around you understand. There's not much stress here, because you've already got something in common. So, no, ddavelarsen, no slaps for you. You're certainly not off topic, because you love this forum.