old skool high drain x3

mcquinn

Back in the day before "mods" became factory production models that are really not modified as much as they are engineered we would modify things to try and create more vapor than a Joye 510,801 or DSE 901 as they only had 85 to 110 mAh batteries and really crappy switches. The black thing is a battery box you can get at Madvapes , Radio Shack or about any electronic supply house. That particular one is made to hold 4 AA batteries . This mod in the pictures allows the 3 14500 batteries to discharge at their maximum discharge rate and the available current is multiplied by 3 so I can get a really good vape at 3.7 volts @ 2.8 ohms for quite a spell. It costed less than $10.00 to build and when it breaks I just salvage the switch and connector and build another one. I like them because they fit in my shirt pocket,can be palmed when stealth vaping and when they are laying out in sight are not real obvious as to what they are.

Edited by mcquinn

Here is the 3 cell one and a single cell shorty model next to an 18650 battery for size comparison.The 3 cell job probably can put out as much or more current than an 18650 mod but not resemble a baseball bat.

gallery_1674_31_39668.jpg

Edited by mcquinn